Nili's Mount Journal [Farewell WoW and Petopia!]

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Nili's Mount Journal [Farewell WoW and Petopia!]

Unread post by Nili »

Well I wasn't going to do this for a few weeks but in view of how I was handled by the moderators here recently and in the past I feel it's time to take my leave from Petopia. My husband and I have pretty much fallen out with WoW over these past few months and only really logged in once a week to raid. Even then it was like pulling teeth to get my husband to log in. So we started playing a beta for another game and we just.fell.in.love. We could have whatever abilities we want and do the quests in whatever order we feel is necessary. There's no race to end game and the atmosphere of the game is just beyond incredible.

I will miss everything I worked hard for in WoW, my beautiful Aero that took me 4 months of fighting with a hacking cunt to get, my Yoshi who has become Niliana's best friend, my guild that I've poured my heart and soul into (it's a pity I can't bring them all with me). I'll miss the roleplaying, the good times I had here on petopia.

It's just a shame the mods felt they could change my password randomly back when I had my ban from ''other games'' for sticking up for a friend. It's a shame they accessed my personal profile and personal messages and manually added someone to my ignore list against my wishes. I'm a twenty-four year old woman, I do not need to be treated like I'm a child. It's a shame they feel they have to single myself and Atalanta out whenever we act like everyone else has in the past.. but yep I'm done with Petopia and with WoW. I'll be cancelling my subscription within the next month whilst waiting for The Secret World's June 19th launch date.

To my dedicated mount journal readers, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your stay here at Petopia and in WoW, it was nice enough until it didn't offer me anything challenging. I hope my journal taught you a few things about mount spawn points as I did figure a lot out whilst I was camping, farming, whatnot.

If you need to reach me, I'll be on sharinadavenport@hotmail.co.uk or ervae16 on skype, or you're free to add me on facebook as well under the name Rina Davenport.

Good luck!
Nili/Rina

Hi guys! About four months ago I caught the mount collecting bug. The first few I collected came fairly quick, Rivendare's Deathcharger dropped when I was a lowbie running through Stratholme my first time. I came across Time Lost Protodrake by chance one morning in Storm Peaks. I thought Aeonaxx would be the same, but after researching loads I figured it'd be more strategic to camp it. Three months later, he was all mine. Was a rough ride, botters, harassment, all made my last few weeks miserable, but it was worth it, it really was! I got the Blue Protodrake and Ravenlord's Reigns on the same day in the same hour.. I'm a girl who has it all..!

But, much like The Little Mermaid, I still want more.
Total of mounts: 100

Current Mounts I'm pursuing:
Grey Camel (1 dud)
White hawkstrider DONE!
Posiedus
Albino Drake: 21/11 Done!
Seaturtle DONE!
Netherwing Drakes
Nether Rays (started the chain quests)

Entry 1: Aeonaxx!
Fan Art:
My two camp spots:

Sightings:
Bloodseekers: 12 by me, 2 by a guildie.
Aeonaxx: 1 Missed 5 others reported to me 1 caught by me! Spawned at North East!
Xaronia: 3 (1 reported by a guildie)
Last edited by Nili on Wed May 23, 2012 11:52 am, edited 48 times in total.

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Re: Aeonaxx, baby! Come out for Nili!

Unread post by Zhuge »

Hiya hun!

Goodluck with your camp! :hug:

I sat just opposite the entrance to Stonecore - someone (a very credible source on my realm!) told me he spawns more frequently outside Stonecore and at the blue crystals. This must have been true, as there was usually a fellow horde and an alliance camper at the crystals stacking on each other xD

Wish I could find a SS for you >_< But I sat on the huge broken purple pillar opposite SC (on the outer rim of the orange field of npc scan overlay) as supposedly you can see all spots from here ^_^

When he spawned I was literally on top of him lol :D It still took me like 2 minutes to get on his back though - I spazzed so bad and didn't realise he was so close xD

Deepholm saps ur sanity, but not as much as Storm Peaks imo :)

Again, goodluck! :hug:

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

You're in the best spot in my opinion. Good luck with your hunt. :>

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

I don't think you can see all the spawn spots from one spot, but you can move around a bit every now and then to get in range of others. NE1 is pretty far away. Good luck on the hunt! :-)
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

The Brown spot on my map is my husband's character, the arrow icon is me. So I'm covering three spawn points per character. Spent all day with my speakers blasted, watching movies in the bedroom, getting up to move my characters every 15 minutes.

Not seen anything, but apparently I stayed up til 2 am for nothing as he was killed 11 pm. I wish people on my server would share information lol.

It's guild raiding time, and husband time so that's the camp for today done. :(

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

awwww, how'd you know he was killed hun? :( And don't let anyone tell you they killed him whilst you were there - your npc scan will blare if you have both aeonaxx mobs on scan! A guildie has had the aeonaxx heart-attack twice whilst mining on the very edge of Deepholm, but it was someone who had him engaged everytime! :(

:hug: Good-luck!

Edit: And he can spawn back-to-back! On my realm he spawned just 12 hours apart once :o

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

I asked in /1 in deepholm if anyone has seen him at all this week, totally not expecting an answer cause for some reason people just don't talk on my server.. o.o
I don't take everything at face value, and once someone told me he was killed 15 minutes before I logged in, so I went to dailies, and then he REALLY did spawn. Gah I was so frustrated lol. But that was months ago, learned my lesson now.

Thanks for the good luck wishes guys ^^ Bout to take on Beth'Tilac :3

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

Good luck Nili!!! :D
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

Sending some luck your way!

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

Well no Aeonaxx yet, but I did get a pick-me-up with my ossom guild taking down Beth'Tilac!
ImageImage

UNF :D

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

So we killed Shannox as well :o

And he didn't spawn while I was raiding...SO the camp continues! I told the hubby I had a good feeling about tonight, so I'll be staying up :D Just patiently waiting for him to go to bed so I can use his 85 :P

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Good luck :)

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

Thanks Meep :3
It's nearly 2 am here. I can't shake this feeling. But there's another no lifer here.. can't tab out for long.

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

gonna pass out now and try again tomorrow.
With my two characters patrolling 3 spawns each, something's bound to happen. Next week is Pilgrim week, so will be cooking and stuff. Who knows I may get lucky. :S night night

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

*hands Dragon Bate*
I heard Aeonaxx likes Chocolate cookies XD

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

I've got a bottomless pit full of Gnomes ready for him, and now some chocolate cookies! How can a girl fail now!? :D

I have a feeling something spawned at 3 am. I looked at the mounts and companions section of the other no-lifer was there, he either missed it during his dungeons or bloodseeker spawned.

My husband bought me a Winged Guardian a few days ago. I told him I really want mounts now, I even named them and they each have favourite spots. God I'm so strange! I named him Teabeus, one of my guildies nicknamed him Teabiscuit and it's stuck lol.

Teabiscuit and I are patiently waiting for a baby brother for him to play with. xD

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Whatever you do, don't feed him worgen! Feralclaw and Wildmoon will steal your Aeonaxx spawn if you do. :lol: Feral is DYING for a new mount. *Just kidding, and again, good luck!*
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

So I woke up at half 7 this morning, and watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in our bedroom with the speakers blasted. Not seen anything for a week and a day, ugh. I fell asleep around 2 pm and woke up around 5, then had to go out. Apparently I didn't miss a spawn, but one can never tell for sure, eh? Met a nice guy though that just server transferred, he's been fed a load of bollocks about Aeonaxx, and me being all nice and shit.. gave him the aeonaxx resource website. If I lose him cause I was nice..! :P Got Firelands again tonight, so we shall see what happens.

And Worgen meat is too rough and chewy..! :P

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Nili wrote:So I woke up at half 7 this morning, and watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in our bedroom with the speakers blasted. Not seen anything for a week and a day, ugh. I fell asleep around 2 pm and woke up around 5, then had to go out. Apparently I didn't miss a spawn, but one can never tell for sure, eh? Met a nice guy though that just server transferred, he's been fed a load of bollocks about Aeonaxx, and me being all nice and shit.. gave him the aeonaxx resource website. If I lose him cause I was nice..! :P Got Firelands again tonight, so we shall see what happens.

And Worgen meat is too rough and chewy..! :P
Yes. Gnome meat is good. It's Feral's drake's favorite food. And The Half-Blood Prince is boring. :? Deathly Hollows part 2 is epic. Like beyond epic. And one more thing:
Go Slytherin! :lol:
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

When I roleplayed Harry Potter back in the day, I did a badass Draco Malfoy.
We didn't do firelands, but BH instead. Still no spawns so I'll be sitting here til 1, 22 hours after I passed out last night :P
Waiting for the husband's character again, but it's not even 10 pm so I'll sit here solo :3