hunter blues... hoping for 4.3 fixes.

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

hunter blues... hoping for 4.3 fixes.

Unread post by Slickrock »

I'm really hoping they fix some things for raiding hunters in 4.3

MM is a hasted cooldown mess. Trying to handle all the potential rotations depending on the haste buffs you have at any one time is a nightmare. I can't imagine what another tier of additional haste will do to it.

BM is gimped a bit by pets either dying a lot, or being unable to attack. (I'm really afraid of what the Deathwing fights will be like).

SV is scaling poorly. The nerfs to the talents that boosted Agi are showing, hard.

What to fix?...

Mastery needs to matter. When you are ditching every other stat for haste, even crit, something is wrong.

BM needs a way to keep pets in the fight.

SV needs some unnerfs.

Honestly, unless Blizz fixes some things for hunters in 4.3, my mage that I'm leveling might be my main. I'm tired of the haste madness.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: hunter blues... hoping for 4.3 fixes.

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah Hunters are all messed up in all sorts of ways.

I'm scared of the DW fight too ;-;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Survival is Aoe strong, and thats probably why they arent buffing it... marksman doesnt need fixed, when i do play it its not a problem, its watching two cooldowns and spamming steady shot isnt too much of a hastle.
BM pets do get killed often, but remeber mend pet+glyph can be very handy *cough* and if you are having problems with pets dieing may i suggest either ferocity for the free revieve, or tenacity so you can get improved healing?
as far as pets not being able to attack bosses, pets can attack as long as melee can, short of no ranged damage they should be able to keep on bosses as well as, if not better than melee. they have avoidance 90% on aoes which if you werent here before we had it.. was a nightmare. i think survivability of the pets is fine, and if your pet keeps dieing you might need to take a dps break and work on survivability,

signature thanks to Kurieno
Slickrock4

Unread post by Slickrock4 »

Cerele wrote:Survival is Aoe strong, and thats probably why they arent buffing it... marksman doesnt need fixed, when i do play it its not a problem, its watching two cooldowns and spamming steady shot isnt too much of a hastle.
BM pets do get killed often, but remeber mend pet+glyph can be very handy *cough* and if you are having problems with pets dieing may i suggest either ferocity for the free revieve, or tenacity so you can get improved healing?
as far as pets not being able to attack bosses, pets can attack as long as melee can, short of no ranged damage they should be able to keep on bosses as well as, if not better than melee. they have avoidance 90% on aoes which if you werent here before we had it.. was a nightmare. i think survivability of the pets is fine, and if your pet keeps dieing you might need to take a dps break and work on survivability,
Well, if I wasn't raiding current tier content, I probably wouldn't care, as all the specs perform well enough if you are running prior tier or just trolls, but for current tier, no offense intended, but your answers are a bit simplistic, and frankly condescending.

I'm sure my raid leader wouldn't mind me bringing a turtle to raid. :D

And despite that aoe reduction, there's plenty of places in FL where your pet can get instagibbed.

If your are just spamming steady and arcane as MM and hitting Aimed on the procs, that's fine, but if you look at the EJ thread, you'll see that optimal rotations require adjustments for at least 4 different levels of haste depending on BL, RF, trinkets, and other things, not to mention the CA phase. While I do decent dps there 22k, it's by no means optimal, and I don't think i have the skills to get the anymore. I do just as much with BM on a stand and burn fight.

So, I think there are some things Blizz needs to fix.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Cerele wrote:Survival is Aoe strong, and thats probably why they arent buffing it... marksman doesnt need fixed, when i do play it its not a problem, its watching two cooldowns and spamming steady shot isnt too much of a hastle.
I think either you've never been BM during the Nefarion fight or maybe having paid much attention to pet pathing issues. There's veen MULTIPLE complaints about it. My Ban'thalos got stuck and WOULD NOT attack Nef or Ony and I couldn't dismiss him cause it said Banny was out of range even though he was standing right next to me.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

The pathing on pet is horrible. In all honest they need to make kill command make your pet leap towards the target like a pounce.... that would fix a lot of things.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

You know what would be great thing for them to fix? Pets not losing their bar when you go through a portal.

Pets still getting one shotted with the health glitch.

Pets getting stuck and confused and sometimes not attacking at all.

I still think Rapid fire is on way to long of a CD and theres no reason for it.

And Surv isnt even remotely somewhat close to dps as others. I do way way more dps in BM spec then I do in surv spec. I dont like MM spec whatsoever cause well I hate aimed shot but I still dont understand why surv went from being top dps to being dead last.

I agree with kill command, would make life more easier.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Slickrock4

Jessibelle wrote:
I think either you've never been BM during the Nefarion fight or maybe having paid much attention to pet pathing issues. There's veen MULTIPLE complaints about it. My Ban'thalos got stuck and WOULD NOT attack Nef or Ony and I couldn't dismiss him cause it said Banny was out of range even though he was standing right next to me.
Been there done that, usually dismiss works, but it got to the point where it was simpler to jump down with pet dismissed, wait for tank to position Ony, and THEN summon my pet. I think it had to do with the slight incline around the rim.
Slickrock4

The other thing I've noticed is that the other classes seem to be catching up, or perhaps scaling better with gear upgrades. 6 weeks ago I was topping the raid charts at 17k, now I'm behind one or two, usually a Mage, at 22k.

Part of my frustration is the complexity needed to reach the 30k levels I know my gear is theoretically capable of on fights like Beal.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kurenio wrote:The pathing on pet is horrible. In all honest they need to make kill command make your pet leap towards the target like a pounce.... that would fix a lot of things.
Omg yes. <3

LisaaraPokefarm

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

An even simpler fix for Kill Command would be to increase its range from 5 yards to 8. That would allow the pet to execute the Kill Command attack on a moving target without constantly getting the "pet is out of range" error message. It wouldn't be a horribly overpowered "omg that huntar's pet was 100 yards away and still Kill Commandeded me" PvP problem...but it'd sure fix a whole lot of the on-the-ground problems with pets staying in range of mobile targets.

BM could use a bit of a damage and scaling buff above and beyond the simple quality of life and mechanical changes as well...but the same could be said about most if not all hunter specs these days, I think.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Tahlian wrote:An even simpler fix for Kill Command would be to increase its range from 5 yards to 8. That would allow the pet to execute the Kill Command attack on a moving target without constantly getting the "pet is out of range" error message. It wouldn't be a horribly overpowered "omg that huntar's pet was 100 yards away and still Kill Commandeded me" PvP problem...but it'd sure fix a whole lot of the on-the-ground problems with pets staying in range of mobile targets.

BM could use a bit of a damage and scaling buff above and beyond the simple quality of life and mechanical changes as well...but the same could be said about most if not all hunter specs these days, I think.
I'd love that change. It would help in so many ways.

LisaaraPokefarm

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Slickrock4 wrote:Been there done that, usually dismiss works, but it got to the point where it was simpler to jump down with pet dismissed, wait for tank to position Ony, and THEN summon my pet. I think it had to do with the slight incline around the rim.
I dismiss prior to fights I find pathing issues on as well. Anytime I notice my pet not moving, I spam my follow button if he is stuck on the landscape and dismiss/re-summon. It is annoying when they won't attack, I've also had it happen a few times in certain areas by Felmyst in Sunwell.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Suicune wrote:
Slickrock4 wrote:Been there done that, usually dismiss works, but it got to the point where it was simpler to jump down with pet dismissed, wait for tank to position Ony, and THEN summon my pet. I think it had to do with the slight incline around the rim.
I dismiss prior to fights I find pathing issues on as well. Anytime I notice my pet not moving, I spam my follow button if he is stuck on the landscape and dismiss/re-summon. It is annoying when they won't attack, I've also had it happen a few times in certain areas by Felmyst in Sunwell.
Doesn't always work. I'd try to dismiss my pet and it'd say he's too far away or not in line of sight despite he's right next to me(thats if I didnt dismiss him prior to jumping).

LisaaraPokefarm

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Actually surv spec does not scale well whatsoever with gear.. which really sucks. BM isnt to to bad, MM but still hunters should scale much better with gear. Cause seriously if I have 378ilevel gear and I am only doing 20k in surv spec something is seriously friggen wrong.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

I agree with the pet issues. I don't have the kill command one often, I'll admit, but then, I haven't done any raiding yet. However, just from doing heroics there's 2 BIG problem areas.

The tornado jump up for the last boss. Not only do they not insta-jump up with you, but if you use the "wrong" tornado, I've sometimes had it where my pet will STAY somewhere out of LOS... so you can't even dismiss it to recall it :(

Also, the last phase of the Ozumat fight. The pet seems to be completely incapable of helping in that fight, even if it could stay alive. I don't think I've EVER seen it stay summoned unless you turn it to passive. (if someone knows a trick to this, please tell! At the moment, my current strategy is to try and get my pet on passive so I can at least use BW for myself, if it's off CD, but that probably drops my potential dps a lot)

Then a slightly smaller issue, as it's not absolutely necessary, but it severely gimps us BM acheivement hunters... Your pet goes away when you're on the camel for that one boss fight acheivement. Kitties and bears can stay transformed... So obviously it's considered a "special" mount/vehicle... :/ They need to find a way to extend that to pets.

It's almost kind of funny.. They got RID of full elemental immunities so that caster classes weren't "required" to go certain specs for certain dungeons/raids. And yet now, we have some situations (like those above, and others have mentioned) where an entire hunters spec's dps is cut in almost half because they couldn't make pets work with it properly...
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

The first fight I remember having issues with pathing on was Razorscale in Ulduar.

Every time she'd take off, my pet would run way off to the far edge of the arena and stand in fire until it died.
(I also remember being able to remain #1 hunter dps on that fight just by remembering to specifically bring my pet back to me each time instead of ignoring it like the Marks hunter we had. Oh, and the locks too.)

Pathing's still weird and probably will be; I don't entirely know why it's so squirrely when other mobs seems to be able to path just fine.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket