Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Couple of updates on ptr

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/253 ... eloper-Q-A

Updated on the worms and chimera's special abilities, buffed them. Also anoth er pic of Tyrael's Charger and a vid soon to come.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Couple of updates on ptr

Unread post by Lisaara »

Shweet

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

The vid was uploaded...I really hope they fix the front legs...I really don't care for that I running in air animation.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Imo id love it more if the wings didnt do that swaying motion, in all forms of idle and movement. For flying in the air (idle and moving) id like to see the wings actually flap but in those animations it looks like the horse got his elbows broken and so instead hes relying on some mystic power hes transferring to his hooves to keep himself aloft and to propel himself like a reindeer

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

JORMY APPROVES OF TEH BURROW BUFF.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Lovely mount, but how is it flying? The wings just sweep away without actually ever flapping. It's disconcerting.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Xakaal wrote:Imo id love it more if the wings didnt do that swaying motion, in all forms of idle and movement. For flying in the air (idle and moving) id like to see the wings actually flap but in those animations it looks like the horse got his elbows broken and so instead hes relying on some mystic power hes transferring to his hooves to keep himself aloft and to propel himself like a reindeer
I haven't played Diablo before, so I could be mistake, but I think they do that because Tyreal doesn't flap his wings to fly either.

And ugh, really wish they'd fix the front legs on this model. and Starpony. And Invincible. x.x

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mm, not my favourite animation skeleton for horses, but it's neat looking, and this mount is just a free bonus in my mind so I'm not too concerned one way or the other.
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

TheDoomcookie wrote:
Xakaal wrote:Imo id love it more if the wings didnt do that swaying motion, in all forms of idle and movement. For flying in the air (idle and moving) id like to see the wings actually flap but in those animations it looks like the horse got his elbows broken and so instead hes relying on some mystic power hes transferring to his hooves to keep himself aloft and to propel himself like a reindeer
I haven't played Diablo before, so I could be mistake, but I think they do that because Tyreal doesn't flap his wings to fly either.

And ugh, really wish they'd fix the front legs on this model. and Starpony. And Invincible. x.x
Yea but as Lupis said, its disconcerting, its confusing and akward

and as Veph said but my own wording, im glad its technically a freebie >.>;;

There is mention though that its subject to change before implementation, they might yet change it according to players comments about it which im hoping for

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

TheDoomcookie wrote:

Yeah Tyrael mostly floats around and hovers...his wings are usually used to grab stuff and probably look a bit intimidating.

But yeah...need to fix the legs!
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

at the very least if it haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad absolutely haaaaaad to run, make the wings not bend so backward, it reminds me of a peacock opening its tail feathers to show off and it looks very akward when they bend so far back while flying and running, like, it is flying forwards, there has to be some kind of air force thats keeping those wings from bending that far forward

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I think the mount will be added in the next PTR build, I don't know if you will get a chance to try it on the PTR seeing its 4.3 there. I guess we will see.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I think instead of seeing these as wings, you need to look at them as tendrils of light. If you look at some of the cinematics Tyrael is in you get more of a feel for why they do the simple swaying. And on another note, besides the really annoying front legs that bother me to no end and thus change the appearance of any mod with this skeleton, it's a magic fantasy horse, I'm guessing the wings just give it floating powers. :P

But seriously, if anyone from Blizzard is reading this, PLEASE male it do the front hooves dint bent foreward so much. It hurts me eyes and my wrists/ankles. xD

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

i watched the vid a few times to understand why people were complaining about the hooves (i dont have a sparkle pony, but i got the winged guardian) and i saw the problem.. i would love if they changed that ><

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

It's most likely not in its finished form, so wouldn't get too excited.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

The model is clearly not finished. At least the animations arent. The wings aren't functional yet (because if you look at the image of it flying on the ad for the annual pass, the wings do move in a real flapping motion).

I just HATE that "broken" front leg. It kills me the hoof goes upward like that, I was really hoping the Tyrael's Charger wouldn't do that *eye twitch*. It'd be better if the skeleton didn't borrow so much from the hippogryph skeleton (which is why I believe it does that).

But alas, it's still a VERY gorgeous mount. and I have no regrets getting one lol

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

One problem is they are taking a model that's meant to run on the ground, and having it run in the air. It simply doesn't work that well. But yeah, it could be improved, but I'm not sure how close they'll get.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Kalliope wrote:It's most likely not in its finished form, so wouldn't get too excited.
this is one of the few times where im very thankful theres a 'subject to change' tag on it to hang onto xD

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

The problem is they used the hippogriph skeleton and just bent the legs a different way without full correcting the new position's animation. They should just use the normal horse animation and skeleton THEN add the wings animation and skeleton. (it would be like the Headless Horseman's mount, only with wings) :mrgreen:

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

is.. oh hey.. omg i didnt even realize it was the hippogryph moel o_O that'd explain the wonky feet, it has hooves not talons so we're seeing the base of the hoof where on hippogryphs it would turn into an elongated talon. I hope they put it on the horse model.. if they edit the hippogryph model it might bug out all the hippogryphs in the game