Pet Idea: Fowl

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Pet Idea: Fowl

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

Yes, this is a family about Ducks, Geese, Swans, Smews, Mergansers, Chickens, Pheasants, Turkeys, Guineafowl, Partridges, and Quails. You're probably thinking it's silly, well it's not. All of said animals can be violent and very dangeous. Take for example a Muscovy Duck. Muscovy Ducks are some of the largest, Drakes sometimes getting up to 15lbs. They have bills made to damage things and large claws to make an unlucky victim bleed. Anyways, lets look at a very beautiful Fowl, shall we?

This, is a Tragopan. Ain't it pretty?

Anyways, let's get on to abilities. I made these abilities more simple than my last thread (Sha Beast). This pet will obviously be non-exotic.

My Little Dinosaur
- Instant
- 1 Minute Cooldown
For 45 seconds, your Fowl takes on the aspect of one of it's mighty ancestors, the dinosaur. While in this state, it will rip the targets armor violently, decreasing the armor by 20%.

It won't really turn into a dinosaur, but, more of a ghostly image of a dinosaur appearing from it when it attacks. Oh, and again, it's not as complex as the Sha Beast's ability.
I think they need a bonus ability... well why not?

Pekin Peck
- Instant
- 5 Second Cooldown
Your Fowl comes up to a friendly target and pecks at there toes, making them jump up in the air.

OR

Taste Like Chicken
- Instant
- 1 Second Cooldown
When your pet dies, it becomes a well cooked feast to make sure you and your friends survive. The feast will last until it is used up to 40 times or until the pet is revived.

So what do you guys think, do you like it, or do you hate it? Criticism is liked and possibly needed. Oh, and you're probably wondering what a Muscovy Duck Drake looks like, huh? Well, here it is!

My favorite species of duck. <3
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Pet Idea: Fowl

Unread post by pop »

My undead hunter wants this, so yes.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hehe. They'd certainly make for a colourful range of pets. And there's already this savage looking guy in the game:

And probably a lot of jokes involving, er, cockerels.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

While the abilities put forward seem to be too silly (and yes, you'd think that 'silly' would be the last concern on someone's mind who's taming a *chicken*), if they put fowl in the game as a tameable creature? As long as one was chicken-ish, I'd be all over it.

.... er, that sounded bad, didn't it? :(
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kurasu wrote:While the abilities put forward seem to be too silly (and yes, you'd think that 'silly' would be the last concern on someone's mind who's taming a *chicken*), if they put fowl in the game as a tameable creature? As long as one was chicken-ish, I'd be all over it.

.... er, that sounded bad, didn't it? :(
I can assure you, none of the abilities are ''silly''. Let me explain:
- The special ability is that because Chickens (A Good Example for Fowl) are the closest living link to said animals! (So if you like KFC, then you'd probably like Tyrannosaurus Rex.)
- The first bonus ability ''Pekin Peck'' is so because it is named after a duck known as a Pekin Duck, the stereotypical duck and the Aflack duck. Also, the pecking of said many of these birds hurt to a very large extent.
- The second bonus ability ''Taste Like Chicken'' would be a great thing to have, as you wouldn't have to be a cook to make feast for your raid anymore. Oh, and most Fowl if not all are eaten.

I rest my case!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

The skills aren't any sillier than our current monkeys flinging poo.
Celi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Oceanic

Unread post by Celi »

I breed and show poultry, including mussies. YES YES YES YES! You non-poultry people have no real idea just how vicious they can be.

But make them exotic and I will do something drastic. Involving kittens.

PS: Pekin is a chook as well as a duck. Small and fluffy but a broody is deadly.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

While these "Pet Ideas" are interesting, maybe moving and posting them in the Fan Art/Creative Writing Forum may be a little more appropriate than the MOP Forum?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Spiritbinder wrote:While these "Pet Ideas" are interesting, maybe moving and posting them in the Fan Art/Creative Writing Forum may be a little more appropriate than the MOP Forum?
Could you possibly explain HOW and WHY they these threads would fit in Fan Art/Creative Writing?
Celi wrote:I breed and show poultry, including mussies. YES YES YES YES! You non-poultry people have no real idea just how vicious they can be.

But make them exotic and I will do something drastic. Involving kittens.

PS: Pekin is a chook as well as a duck. Small and fluffy but a broody is deadly.
Thanks for telling me that, I learn something new everyday!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Crotalus Horridus wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:While these "Pet Ideas" are interesting, maybe moving and posting them in the Fan Art/Creative Writing Forum may be a little more appropriate than the MOP Forum?
Could you possibly explain HOW and WHY they these threads would fit in Fan Art/Creative Writing?
They aren't really threads about happenings in MoP, but they are episodes in creativity, and therefore seems to me as if they would be more 'creative writing'. i do have to agree on this one: while I'm cool with people making the 'New ideas' threads, I *would* rather the threads in the MoP section be about discussions of what is happening in MoP, what will happen in MoP, what *could* happen in MoP, et cetera. :)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kurasu wrote:
Crotalus Horridus wrote:
They aren't really threads about happenings in MoP, but they are episodes in creativity, and therefore seems to me as if they would be more 'creative writing'. i do have to agree on this one: while I'm cool with people making the 'New ideas' threads, I *would* rather the threads in the MoP section be about discussions of what is happening in MoP, what will happen in MoP, what *could* happen in MoP, et cetera. :)
Thanks, glad you could explain :)

EDIT: I have found the pets that I want! (If this ever got into the game!) LARGE IMAGES AHEAD!

My favorite kind of Chicken! Silkies!

Eurasian Duck, also known as a Smew.

Hooded Merganser, they look so funky but beautiful at the same time.

Golden Pheasants because of how much spunk they have.

Australian Turkey, just cuz'

And of course Muscovy Ducks, which are in the first post.
Last edited by Crotalus Horridus on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If it was early in the expansion beta and anything could happen, I'd say they wouldn't be too out of place here. Especially if they could be tied to an oriental theme (as fighting cocks and peking ducks can be :) )

But at this late stage it's unlikely we're gonna see many new models (though hopefully some), so ideas for new families that aren't based on existing MoP models would probably be best at home in the regular pet forum. I'll move it there :)

The same would be true for any future "what new model would you like to see?" type threads.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Kurasu wrote: They aren't really threads about happenings in MoP, but they are episodes in creativity, and therefore seems to me as if they would be more 'creative writing'. i do have to agree on this one: while I'm cool with people making the 'New ideas' threads, I *would* rather the threads in the MoP section be about discussions of what is happening in MoP, what will happen in MoP, what *could* happen in MoP, et cetera. :)
Ty Kurasu. :)

­
­
­
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Kurasu wrote: They aren't really threads about happenings in MoP, but they are episodes in creativity, and therefore seems to me as if they would be more 'creative writing'. i do have to agree on this one: while I'm cool with people making the 'New ideas' threads, I *would* rather the threads in the MoP section be about discussions of what is happening in MoP, what will happen in MoP, what *could* happen in MoP, et cetera. :)
Ty Kurasu. :)
^Double thanks!

On a side note, I totally love silky bannies.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I wonder if anyone on here is good at making models... Hmmm. Well if you are, could you possibly make models of chickens/ducks and such? Would be great! (Yeah, I know making every single feather with every bit of detail is pretty hard work! But just a few sample models are enough.)

EDIT: If you want, you can add Proto-Feathers, which basically look like hair except more stiff.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I cry fowl..errr...
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Dewclaw wrote:I cry fowl..errr...
Wha...?
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

This one is clearly designed for tanking.....

:lol:

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Don't be fooled! It's concealing elementium plate under those feathers :)
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Spiritbinder wrote:This one is clearly designed for tanking.....

:lol:
I think the Male Greater Sage Grouse takes the cake as the tanking Fowl! I mean, just look how silly it is!