What wolf? I see no wolf!!!! IMAGE WARNING

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

What wolf? I see no wolf!!!! IMAGE WARNING

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Was in Grim Batol and noticed I'd somehow got cut off from the group and then had to camouflage to avoid a mob coming toward me to avoid aggro-ing him and the four other mobs close by. One of the PuG members says in chat "Bless your heart Giordana for being smart."
<3 :D It was then I noticed something curious about my oil coated wolf "BP". He was 100% invisible. All you could see was a faded shadow on the ground. Curious if this was something buggy from the dungeon as soon as I got out I camouflaged again while in Tol Barad. Sure enough. Nothing but a shadow on the ground. In the 3rd screen shot you'll see somewhat of his shape which is where I hovered over him with my cursor.
Does anyone else's oil coated wolf or even the oil coated bird do this??? I'd be curious to know.

Screenies!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Re: What wolf? I see no wolf!!!! IMAGE WARNING

Unread post by Snowwalker »

I just noticed this as well in WoE... You can see his shadow alright.. But when cloaked, there's really not much to see. You get a slight outline if you highlight them.

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

zed do you know if the oil wolf is still available? I had one right when all the hub-ub came out back in WOTLK but got rid of it since it felt "odd" at the time when we only had 5 slots.

Funny bug though
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

The wolves themselves yes are tamable. However they ARE NOT tamable by glitch to keep the oil coat. Blizzard hot fixed all the appearance buff pets. So none of the methods work anymore.
Both of my oil coated wolves were obtained when this was very first noticed so I've had them a REALLY long time. I was one of the first five people on my server I believe to get one. :D
I'll check Mephala's oil wolf today and see if he to disappears upon camouflage.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

HawkseyesX
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by HawkseyesX »

Not all of them, te angered aroakka vulture thing still works :)

thanks Veph for the awesome sig! :D

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

The angered arrakoa protector works, because it's no effect shown by a buff sign or debuff sign I guess, it's just some mist. I tamed one for the random pet challenge recently, so if you want strategy and pics it's right there on the last page of the thread atm. I used to have one of these Ashenvale ghost wolfs and they had their ghost buff shown in a little sign under the portrait as well as the sparkling tallstrider, I don't know about the other pets, but I think that was what Blizz fixed.
For the "no pet"-thing: my angered arrakoa protector also didn't show up in WoE, only when highlighted, I have to try with normal camouflage.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Has anyone actually tried to do the oil-wolf with the food throw from the quest?

That is a VERY cool screenshot series, by the way. I like the one where it's mostly misty :D