chance of new spirit beasts?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

chance of new spirit beasts?

Unread post by Zangor »

so with 5.4 finally on the PTR it seems logical to speculate if we may see some new spirit beasts appearing as with most things we tend to only see them during major content patches and while the porcupines where nice i was hoping for variety in more than just the color department. I personally still have hopes for the Xuen model and even the crane god model, i also really want to see some sort of sha like spirit beast appear in the vale. This is all hoping but i figure it warrented its own speculation thread.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: chance of new spirit beasts?

Unread post by Wain »

Well, we've had plenty of spirit beast discussion and idea threads, but I guess this one is oriented towards the theme of 5.4. I think the most thematic place for a SB in this next patch would be either the corrupted Vale or some phased version of the Barrens or Durotar. With those we don't know for certain what their future plans are, whether the phases will be lost with time, but then this IS a speculation thread :)

The Vale would probably be the ideal place for a spirit beast with a Sha look to it, as a number of people have requested. A crane model SB might fit best with the Vale, and would be a cool new model for a SB. But there are plenty of other beast types in that zone, and a sha croc might also be cool ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I would love it if a Spirit Beast Hyena popped up in the barrens.

A spirit beast spider in the vale would be interesting, especially if it was Sha touched.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

While I would love a spirit beast, I'm kinda doubting we'll get more than we've gotten. They seem way more focused with story and raids this coming patch. Hunters pets are likely at the bottom of their list.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Junrei wrote:Hunters pets are likely at the bottom of their list.

so far down the list that it's dragging on the floor.. they're actually stepping on it... grinding their heals into that part of the list...

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I'm pretty confident the chance is 0, for any new pets, SB or otherwise.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Especially if you think about it, we got A LOT of pets this expansion. Over 150 of them, didn't we?

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Junrei wrote:Especially if you think about it, we got A LOT of pets this expansion. Over 150 of them, didn't we?
Yep, but I think the unused-skin thing is getting kinda old. We really do need some NEW pets, but, I don't expect those until 6.0
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah

Though I want unused skins to be put in. New pets are great too but there's A LOT of unused skins I'd really like to tame.

LisaaraPokefarm

Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

What I've been wondering is, if porcupines *really* were not originally intended to be pets, then were they planning any other SB's? Wasn't there talk before MoP about them working on some new ones? I would be inclined to think that the three spirit porcupines were indeed intended to be those spirit beasts, and I'm not expecting to see any more. Which I'm fine with really, -we did get quite a few new families and lots of other pets - but I have to say, a Sha-touched spirit beast in the Vale would be amazing.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Actually, one I'd love to see: if they developed a new, smoother worg model for Moonfang, and gave it a few more ghostly effects, it would make a really beautiful silver spirit beast.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Junrei wrote:Especially if you think about it, we got A LOT of pets this expansion. Over 150 of them, didn't we?
/Agreed. And what a lot of people forget is, if we didn't have the great luck of Noah and the links made here, we would probably not have any of these missing skins made available to us. So when people say they are sick of just new skins, I'm not sure how truly lucky we were to get any of them in the 1st place. ;)
Wain wrote:Actually, one I'd love to see: if they developed a new, smoother worg model for Moonfang, and gave it a few more ghostly effects, it would make a really beautiful silver spirit beast.
I don't want to come across as all needy either, but it would be neat if they had time to do an updated tameable wolf model. Something similar to the updated cats from Pandaria, I really like the wolf animations too, but the models/skins do look very 'Vintage" these days :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Wain wrote:Actually, one I'd love to see: if they developed a new, smoother worg model for Moonfang, and gave it a few more ghostly effects, it would make a really beautiful silver spirit beast.
I don't want to come across as all needy either, but it would be neat if they had time to do an updated tamable wolf model. Something similar to the updated cats from Pandaria, I really like the wolf animations too, but the models/skins do look very 'Vintage" these days :lol:
Ah but isn't Vintage all the rage now SB? :P Gotta keept up with fashion!!

But seriosuly...I'd like a tamable Yak. They are freaking everywhere so why not! I eman Ruthers is a nice fix now and then but... ;-)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Castile wrote: Ah but isn't Vintage all the rage now SB? :P Gotta keept up with fashion!!
Hahar! Touché!... and yet ironic, being as I teach in the fashion department of a collage :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

There are a few things I'd personally love to see tamable (pythons, stone direhorns, new bat model and as always, any unused skins) but overall I'm very happy with how much we've gotten in terms of pets this expac.

As for spirit beasts I'm pretty happy with our options now, but I agree a sha-touched beast would be neat and it seems like something a lot of people want. Wouldn't be my first choice, personally, but I wouldn't mind seeing something like that around.
funk#1402

ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

that explains all the kick ass mogs and signatures, SB. =)

signature by spiritbinder
Genett
Realm: Arygos

Unread post by Genett »

Makoes wrote:I would love it if a Spirit Beast Hyena popped up in the barrens.

A spirit beast spider in the vale would be interesting, especially if it was Sha touched.
Now I can't get the image of a hyena SB out of my head. Ahh man, if only.
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

As nice as a new stock of spirit beasts would be, I think we made out like bandits for this expansion. Plus, with Blizz adding in challenge tame competitions for major pet releases, I'm not sure it'd be a good idea to combine a pet launch with the nerfs we're looking at for this patch. :\

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

I dont think we will get any but a sha raptor...

PLEEEEEEASE
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Probably not gonna happen. Though it'd be awesome if I were wrong and there was a frog spirit beast just for the sheer ridiculousness of it.