Gear for Pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Gear for Pets

Unread post by evil950510 »

Quitin D Hutchison tweeted Greg Street ther other day an interesting question:
"Real question, so don't laugh. You think they will ever let hunters/locks gear pets, example collars with stats ?" (https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/statu ... 4208631808)

What are other Hunter's opinion on pets getting armor? Probably through a epic quest chain like the one hunters had to endure to get Rhok'delar.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Gear for Pets

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd be okay with it. Maybe making it a crafting thing or just cosmetic.
Last edited by Lisaara on Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I expect they're hesitant because it would complicate balancing hunters. Currently pets are reliant on their master's gearing, which is easily controlled. Add independent pet gearing in there as well and it gets a little messier to predict. I'm sure it could be done, but I suspect that's why they're hesitant. Don't *know*, just suspect.

If someone came up with cool functions for special gear, rather than stat bonus pieces, maybe they'd be more interested.

Even just cosmetic pieces would be cool, with different artwork. At least for those beasts that can wear, say, a collar. The collar could translate to wrist-bands on humanoid- or elemental-shaped pets for other classes too.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

I would totally be for cosmetic "armor" or jewelry for our pets! Since the pets we can tame are basically all the same skill wise, this would again give us a way to distinguish our beloved pets from ordinary mobs! You have my vote! :)
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Kintsugi »

I would really like cosmetic collars, or earrings or warpaint for pets. It would work well for most of them except the transparent ones and perhaps things that are naturally brightly multi-colored, like sporebats and ravagers. They could even make them beast specific, say, "this collar will work on wolves, cat, bears...." etc. Saber cats would look great with small hoops on their ears. I would love to be able to put a war harness or collar on my dog.

They could make a journal of accessories, like the minipet journal, so you could apply items to certain pets without it taking up bag space.

This makes me think also of the warhound from Dragon Age Origins. He's this dog you can get if you do the right dialogue options to get the quest to heal him. There's a variety of kaddis, which is warpaint, that you can use on your Mabari hound. In DAO, it has stats because the dog is a warrior class party member with a talent tree and all, and you can play as the dog if you want to, but it wouldn't need to have stats in WoW. Anyway, I borrowed this pic from the DAO wiki. Because I love my Mabari XD

Attachments
DAO_Dog_-_Kaddis_and_Warpaint_comparison.jpg
DAO_Dog_-_Kaddis_and_Warpaint_comparison.jpg (321.07 KiB) Viewed 1459 times
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh man, I'd love that too!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Dweezill
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Dweezill »

I think equipable collars would be really cool. Instead of having stats or whatnot, what if the collar actually determined what buff/debuff the pet had. That way hunters could give their favorite pet the buff they needed. just my thoughts.