the new race abilities?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Silvarain
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary Horde, Azjol-Nerub Alliance
Location: lost in a dark isolated forest, waiting to be found...

the new race abilities?

Post by Silvarain »

i was wondering if anyone had news on the new race abilities: just another promise that Blizz wont fulfill or are they there somewhere? if so, what are they?! i may be in a small group but i do consider them when planning. i wanted to make a new worgan hunter (for the skinning really) but the more i think about it i dont wont to play a hume, even a cursed hume. nothing against my fellow players who roll humes, i just hate playing them myself unless i have no other choice.
Ron: "Up next, is the world ending? But first weather with Ororo. Ororo?"
Ororo: "It's raining frogs, it's raining frogs. What can i say? Back to you."
Ron: "Thanks Ororo."

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: the new race abilities?

Post by Vephriel »

As far as I know there's been absolutely zero news about this, but there's still a ways until Cataclysm is released. They could be working on them right now, or they may be implemented at a later date.
Saturo

Post by Saturo »

Goblins and Worgen have their racials already, but so far none of the old races have gotten anything even close in awesomeness. I honestly don't expect that to happen, necessary as it may be.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Post by Azunara »

I hope we do, and I'm hoping worgens get better ones, or goblins get nerfed a bit, because I think goblin racials are a bit overpowered. I mean, it's a 2 hour (?) bank access, 2 min extra DPS or blink, best possible cost decrease, and an extra 1% damage. Worgens? Less disease duration, some extra damage, being able to turn into a human. They even got rid of the "Able to skin without a skinning knife." bit.

And even compare goblins to everyone else, really. See the vast difference, in my opinion? Awesome racials for goblins, decent, even poor racials for everyone else. Blizz always liked the horde better. :)
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Post by Anansi »

Saturo wrote:Goblins and Worgen have their racials already, but so far none of the old races have gotten anything even close in awesomeness. I honestly don't expect that to happen, necessary as it may be.
Same here, I'm guessing it's one of those things that's been on the to-do list but probably keeps getting pushed further and further down until it's on a "patch" page. It's absolutely necessary to buff all the racials to be in line with the Goblins and Worgen, but honestly, I will be very surprised if I see that happen by launch. That being said, it'd be a nice gesture for the Goblin and Worgen racials to be toned down until every race gets their racials fixed.

Otherwise, the new races are just going to be head and shoulder above existing given their racials and massively superior graphic textures.
Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Post by Mindsprocket »

I was actually surprised that Blizz took another shot at creating useful racials at all. The racials of the existing races used to be better, but there was much QQing all around so Blizz swung the nerfing bat until racials became irrelevant, no more than a minor convenience at best. And I guess this will just happen again. I also think that the Goblin racials are a bit better than the Worgen ones, so they can't even balance those two. There's no way they can even out 12 sets of racials to everyone's liking, so in the end, they'll all just get nerfed into oblivion again. Though I think that Blizz will at least try to bring the old racials up to par at first, before everything goes down again. Either way, I doubt that the Goblin and Worgen racials will stay so far ahead for long.

Lok'tar ogar!

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Post by Anansi »

The Goblin ones are a bit excessive, they almost seem like a hyperactive team of kids threw all their "wouldn't this be awsome" at the Goblins and a bunch of it stuck. The Worgen racials are a bit more sensible, but still ahead of the pack by significant degrees.
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Post by FuzzyDolly »

I like the racials of the races I play. My Draeni's healing has come in handy I can't tell you how many times. And my Troll's berserking is an awesome attack boost when your health is down to the wire. I really don't want them changed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Post by cowmuflage »

I hope they don't get rid of the gobbo bank and discounts i mean it in my mind fits them. I see the discounts like the human getting more rep thing ya know? I still don't find that to be fair even if the rep is only more by a little bit its still more than anyone else gets :S if they nerf the gobbos discounts i'd like them to nerf the human thing lol.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Post by Azunara »

Alright. 75 rep vs. 100 rep. (Using Wintersaber example.)

Being more likely to be honored vs. getting FULL exalted discounts, even at neutral. See the difference? Give goblins honored or revered discount. Exalted is...mrr...I guess I'm bitter, since I'm Ally.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Post by Palladiamorsdeus »

The goblin racials are a bit excessive right now. It's a balancing act. Worgen are going to be the new hotness, and they want to find some way to balance it out.

Also, worgen's damage racial was changed to a 1% chance to critical.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Post by cowmuflage »

Well of corse the worgen are going to be the new hotness :S they are the new blood elves after all.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Post by Rawr »

Azunara wrote:I hope we do, and I'm hoping worgens get better ones, or goblins get nerfed a bit, because I think goblin racials are a bit overpowered. I mean, it's a 2 hour (?) bank access, 2 min extra DPS or blink, best possible cost decrease, and an extra 1% damage.
As far as I know gobs get 1% haste, worgs had the 1% dmg originally. :mrgreen:

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Post by Azunara »

Ah. I started a goblin yesterday or so...I haven't really been paying attention that much to the specifics of racials. xD
Silvarain
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary Horde, Azjol-Nerub Alliance
Location: lost in a dark isolated forest, waiting to be found...

Post by Silvarain »

i like some of the race abilities, they fit and all. what i kinda dont understand is why races are not paired off? undead and hume, nelves and umm..., and now goblins and gnomes. i really dont see why gnomes have NOT been using a insta-bank ability all along.

*gnome out on the field* "whered i put those gadgets?! i need them to make my newest uber awesome invention! OH! thats right, i put them all in the bank; but the nearest city is SO far away :(. OH! that right i have a mini portable bank in my pocket! OH happy day! :)"
Ron: "Up next, is the world ending? But first weather with Ororo. Ororo?"
Ororo: "It's raining frogs, it's raining frogs. What can i say? Back to you."
Ron: "Thanks Ororo."

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Post by Ryai »

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:The goblin racials are a bit excessive right now. It's a balancing act. Worgen are going to be the new hotness, and they want to find some way to balance it out.

Also, worgen's damage racial was changed to a 1% chance to critical.

They can skin without knives.

That is game breaking.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Post by Azunara »

Nope! They got rid of it, last time I checked. In game it no longer says anything about skinning without a knife. Worgen apparently don't like getting their claws dirty anymore.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Post by Royi »

Goblins have too many things. They dont need a bank, they dont need rockets on their boots or on their hands- if someone really wants those things have them take up engineering then. Jeeves and Nitro Boosts do the same thing (or hand mounted rocket thingy). They get the discount which is fine - but no other race has that many bonuses.

Or else they really need to get some of the older classes new racials (gnomes especially). I mean all gnomes have is the Escape Artist. Or else they should make Gnomes' escape artist work like a Gnomish Cloaking Device. That would make it more even.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~