Crashing Bug Warning

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Sonam
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Crashing Bug Warning

Unread post by Sonam »

Not sure if its been noted, but there seems to be a strange bug rippin' through this current build, has taken quite a few out from the look of the reports forum. Even my genetically disturbed dwarf (from all those free race changes!) has taken one for the team. The Northern Barrens and some Outlands areas are the major culprits atm. Basically a forced crash after the client spams you with some windows, citing "access out of bounds". Often locks the players out of the char entirely. Just a heads up, for my fellow pet finders / explorers / general muck-runners on the beta.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Crashing Bug Warning

Unread post by Mania »

Northrend was doing the same to me. I haven't been locked out yet, but crashing once a minute makes it hard to fly across Howling Fjord.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've been crashing a lot in Beta. Just randomly. Sometimes when I take a Zeppelin, sometimes when I tab out quickly. But it happens a few times a day at least.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

And ... I take back my statement. My primary Mania copy is now a ghost in Dun Morogh and locked out of the beta. The other characters still work, though. (I think I have 4 copies of Mania on Lost Isles now.)
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Does crashing in WG count? I was flying over WG and suddenly was dismounted even though there was still an hour and 30 minutes before the next battle and got DCed after I died

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I crash all the time, and I'm not even in beta. If i even blink, I d/c. it's only been happening since the patch.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Can confirm that the WG dismounting bug is back on live, though I haven't been d/ced from the game because of it - possibly because Kalliope's an engineer and avoided death.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Everything counts! ;) But I think we were talking about a very specific crash that's taking a lot of people out in the beta right now. Last I heard, there's no fix and no work-around yet. And while some areas do seem to be worse than others (Howling Fjord, I am looking at you!) I've been getting it in almost every zone, usually a couple times an hour.
Kalliope

I wonder if it's some particular visual effect that's triggering the crashes. A zone like Howling Fjord definitely has a super-amazing fire burning at all times, for example. Otherwise, you'd think a zone untouched by Cataclysm would be safe.

YouTube Edition

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I did try turning all my settings down to minimum manually but it didn't seem to have much effect. *shrug* It could be anything in there, though - maybe some setting I always have on minimum is rendering something in a way my card can't handle this build. I know what the out-of-bound error means in a programming sense, but I have no clue about graphics at all.

I just hope the next patch has a fix. Until now I haven't had that much trouble.

(I was about to post 'And the next patch should only be a day or two off since today is Wednesday.' And then I checked and realized that it's Saturday. *sigh* I don't even know what month it is anymore.)
Kalliope

*comforts Mania* And we're changing months in a few days too, which won't help that feeling any. :hug:

YouTube Edition

Sonam
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Sonam »

I'm systematically sacrificing hunter clones to the crashing bug now, seems to be in quite a few zones. I even tried fully reinstalling, after the settings idea didn't work out for me. Sort of like a really delicious pastry behind thick glass now. I'll let you know if I discover a method around it! Nagrand being so vicious with it really surprised me, mind you.
Kalliope

Nagrand makes sense, actually. They might have done something funky to remove the Thrall quests.

YouTube Edition