Wargen special privlage

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.

Should Wargens be able to buy mounts from one faction even though they are not exalted

Yes, They should buy horses
19%
Yes, they should buy Nightsabers
10%
No, they have "Running Wild"
71%

Total votes: 59

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Wargen special privlage

Unread post by Redith »

This isnt a debate about wargens getting their own mount, or how unballanced the mounts are. Its just a simple question.
Since worgens dont have their own mount, even though they have running wild, should the have like a special treaty so that even though they are not exalted with a faction they can buy mounts from one faction.
The choices are
A. Yes, they were humans once they should be able to buy horses from the humans.
B. Yes, The night elves brought them into the fold so they should be able to buy Nightsabers
c. No let them keep running wild thats their mount
Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Wargen special privlage

Unread post by Kryte »

I don't really see the need for them to have auto-access to another races' mounts. Blood Elves are stuck with that awful chicken mount, AND they have to grind up from Neutral to Exalted to get most other races' mounts. Running Wild serves to get them from one place to another, and interested parties can grind for other mounts if they so choose, as everyone else.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

*Worgen ;)
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Personally voted for NEs. They live in their city. They were saved by them. At least, the two should have higher reps. And Running Wild...eh. I think I'll get a cat whether or not they get them easily. I just am not a fan of it.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

They have running wild. That fits them perfectly.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

They have running wild. Why should they get something for free? They have their own verion of a mount they don't need anything else.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

As a Worgen I would eat the horse and chase the Nightsaber all while Running Wild :headbang: :geek:

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Its just I cant effen stand running wild. I realy want a mount. I swear I may have to just buy a damn sparkle pony
Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Gilneans use lots of horses -- it seems kind of weird that they completely ditch them when they get worgenized.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Ket Shi wrote:Gilneans use lots of horses -- it seems kind of weird that they completely ditch them when they get worgenized.
Thats what I was thinking. Plus im sure not all worgen want to embrace their wild side and run on all fours
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I could hypothesize that horses might shy away from a Worgen due to instinct. *shrug*
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well Redith just grind rep like every one else then!
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Vephriel wrote:I could hypothesize that horses might shy away from a Worgen due to instinct. *shrug*
Then why are the people using horse drawn carrages lol
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Don't you worry- there are City Tabards available at very low levels in Cata, and your Worgen can go equip one from any major city, and any dungeon you do will give you rep with that Home City. So once you ding L15, go grab a Stormwind tabard and go nuts with the Dungeon Finder! You will be Exalted probably by the time you hit L40-50 is my guess (perhaps a bit sooner, or later, that's an estimate).

So, Worgen should definitely keep Running Wild- that is an extremely unique "mount" in game (I'm still upset over losing Plainsrunning on Tauren, and now the Worgen get it... grr...). You will very soon have the option to buy mounts from Exalted reps, and still keep a unique "mount" that no one else can even obtain!

Take heart, you won't have to run on all fours for long!
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

<-----------Will eat horse :P :geek:

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

On my draenei, by the time I got to lvl 20, my rep with Darn was almost revered...a lot of the draenei quests gave rep for other factions so it didn't take too long to get to exalted rather early. They might do somethin similar with the worgen so it won't be so bad to get the last bit of rep.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Personally, running wild fits the worgen perfectly. You're free to grind reps with other factions (which will be made easier with tabards at low levels in Cata) and ride mounts.

And I hate to sound naggy, but it's worgen, not wargen.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Vephriel wrote:*Worgen ;)
^
This.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Ikult wrote:(I'm still upset over losing Plainsrunning on Tauren, and now the Worgen get it... grr...)
I actually hated that. Every time you stopped you would "Dismount", even if you only stopped for a second. Then it would take the full three seconds to mount up again. It had a number of other problems too. Good riddance I say. The worgen version seems more like an actual mount, in that you have a mounting time, and unless you specifically click the buff away, you will keep the mount-effect. Now, if they brought Plainsrunning back like the one the worgen will get, I wouldn't complain. :)

And no. Worgen should not get horses or sabers. They should grind rep like everyone else. They have their "mount", giving them an exception would be stupid. Besides, it's just like every other race. If you absolutely LOVE draenei, but hate elekks (like me), then what would you do? Yes, you would grind gnomeregan rep for the mechastrider.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Sorcha Ravenlock »

I'm personally not too fond of running wild. I'd prefer it if they could ride horses as well or night elf cats, but I'll grind rep if (and as long as the female model looks as it does now that's a big "if") I ever roll a worgen.
Worgen won't eat their mounts, nor will mounts shy from them. Because if they did, you wouldn't be able to ride rep mounts either ;)

I just wish they got their own mounts besides the Running Wild, so Worgen and the other Alliance races got more choice in mounts (not just retextures) and that the Tauren got their Plainsrunning sorted instead.
That way both factions will have an equal amount of different mount models, and both factions have a race that can simply run everywhere if they want. That would be fairer on players on both sides I feel.