Worgen and Goblin newbs stuck home?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Worgen and Goblin newbs stuck home?

Unread post by Redith »

SO I just read that unlike the other horde races who could leave their starting area whenever Worgen and Gobs are stuck in their area until they are lv 14. Wow. So much for leveling in Stormwind to suck up to them for exalted lol.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Re: Worgen and Goblin newbs stuck home?

Unread post by Royi »

go to goldshire after leaving the starting zone??? thats what i usually do anyways.

with the amount added for those classes, specific starting zones make complete sense to me
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Not any different for Death Knights.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

The thing that bugs me about goblins and worgen is that I can't meet up with my friends of other races for many, many hours. (They may have shortened the goblin time, but last time I started a goblin it was more than 8 hours of playtime to get out of the stupid phased areas.)
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

I could understand it if you rolled a worgen because of the lore connection: Gilneas being separated from the Alliance, the worgen invasion, etc.etc,
but the Goblin has me really bummed.
Goblins are already known to both sides so you'd think the reason given for the Bilgewater joining the Horde could have been done during their opening cinematic and then you start playing on a starting zone that can easily be left.
But since it looks like Blizz felt the need to go really, really indepth with the Bilgewater Goblins and how they finally join the Horde there's no way to escape until you've played out their whole story line.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Mania wrote:The thing that bugs me about goblins and worgen is that I can't meet up with my friends of other races for many, many hours. (They may have shortened the goblin time, but last time I started a goblin it was more than 8 hours of playtime to get out of the stupid phased areas.)
That was my main thing. Its like the DKs thing. except I think it would be longer.
Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Kryte »

Is it possible to get a warlock summon from out of those zones?
Cryptography
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dath'Remar, Cael, Moonguard, VeCo, Ness'ary (USA)

Unread post by Cryptography »

I posted elsewhere on these forums about my adventures as a DK, summoned out of the starter zone long before I'd completed the quests. It may well be possible to warlock/RAF/dungeon stone summon out of these starter zones - but theres a good chance you could never go back.

This is exactly the sort of thing I'll be trying to break once Cata comes!

Recruit a friend summons couldnt bring a non-dk into the DK Acherus flying citadel - I was hoping to grab the DK griffon mount for another toon but no such luck.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

If you are summoned out of the starting zone as a death knight before completing the quests, aren't you hostile to ALL races, even those of your own faction? :shock:

How do you play?

And since you got no hearthstone...
How do you get back? :?
Cryptography
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dath'Remar, Cael, Moonguard, VeCo, Ness'ary (USA)

Unread post by Cryptography »

Ok, My DK experiences in a bit more detail.

Gnome DK. I had adventured up to the quests based in the inn inside the scarlet town - with Koltira and Tarassian (sp?). I had not yet got all my talent points and had no hearth stone or death gate spell. (BTW you CAN use the mailbox that is in an earlier phase - I've mailed gold and supplies both in and out!)

My friends invited me to a group then summoned me to Helfire Peninsular. I believe they used the dungeon stone at Ramparts rather than a warlock summon. These alliance characters were all marked friendly both in and out of party. I didnt try duelling them. The guards at Thrallmar are hostile. I didnt check the ones at honor hold.

We completed several runs of Ramparts, during which i leveled up several times and got my hands on some nice loot. Obviously i couldnt train up and i dont remember what happened with talent points. After everyone had had enough I was able to go back to the DK starter zone by using another DK's Death gate. Once returned to the starter zone things completed as normal.

I've completed the DK area in full from both alliance and horde at least 8 times now. This was the most entertaining though there are a lot more things I should have tested!
Antares
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Antares »

I thought it was lvl 10 that you enter Azshara?

It really isn't that bad. And it doesn't take hours anymore. And both Worgen & Goblin starting zones have mailboxes right there so you can send Heirloom items to them ASAP. My bf lvled a BElf Warlock to lvl 14 in about 2 hours just two weeks ago.

I suppose its to each their own, but of all the things that could bother me about WoW, this really isn't one of them.

Now, gnomes...That does bother me. P

Huntmaster Blightrunner, <Neverender> Thorium Brotherhood -- lvl 110 Forsaken SV Hunter

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Cryptography wrote:Ok, My DK experiences in a bit more detail.

Gnome DK. I had adventured up to the quests based in the inn inside the scarlet town - with Koltira and Tarassian (sp?). I had not yet got all my talent points and had no hearth stone or death gate spell. (BTW you CAN use the mailbox that is in an earlier phase - I've mailed gold and supplies both in and out!)

My friends invited me to a group then summoned me to Helfire Peninsular. I believe they used the dungeon stone at Ramparts rather than a warlock summon. These alliance characters were all marked friendly both in and out of party. I didnt try duelling them. The guards at Thrallmar are hostile. I didnt check the ones at honor hold.

We completed several runs of Ramparts, during which i leveled up several times and got my hands on some nice loot. Obviously i couldnt train up and i dont remember what happened with talent points. After everyone had had enough I was able to go back to the DK starter zone by using another DK's Death gate. Once returned to the starter zone things completed as normal.

I've completed the DK area in full from both alliance and horde at least 8 times now. This was the most entertaining though there are a lot more things I should have tested!

You're a crazy DK mon :)

Going on to the goblin topic, there is a MAJOR lore part in the Goblin opening questline that explains WHY they join Horde.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Hilula
Realm: Gnomeregan, US

Unread post by Hilula »

Royi wrote:You're a crazy DK mon :)

Going on to the goblin topic, there is a MAJOR lore part in the Goblin opening questline that explains WHY they join Horde.
Same with the worgen, it also explains why they can be druids :) if i'm right, there used to be a small group of druids who could take the form of a wolf? and the night elves taught the worgen how to control their inner beast. plus they were once human so why wouldnt they rejoin the alliance?
Check out my deviantart page: http://www.RamenChicken.deviantart.com
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Do you get a hearthstone in the starting area's? for worgen/goblins?

Hmm I wonder if GM's can punt you back to your starting zones if you somehow manage to wonder off from it.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Makoes wrote:Do you get a hearthstone in the starting area's? for worgen/goblins?

Hmm I wonder if GM's can punt you back to your starting zones if you somehow manage to wonder off from it.
You get a heartstone (as worgen at least) as you quest. You don't start with one persay, but you're basically stuck in a phase til you finish anyways. I think you get the hearthstone around lvl 6-7, depending on your leveling speed.

As far as how long it takes to level a Worgen, it's really not as long as I've seen some reports. The goblins *definitely* felt longer to me, but that's only because I really found half the goblin quests really mind-numbing (sorry Goblins, I love you guys, but your starting zone....nooooooot so much XD). Worgen seemed to zip by really quick; then again time does fly when you're having fun.

Either way, I'll try to check my /played next time I level so I can get a rough estimate. I know by 4 hrs in the Worgen zone I was more than halfways done with it the last time I did it.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hehe, I had the opposite Rikaku. xD I found the Goblins insanely fun to play, it went by pretty quickly because I was absorbed in their crazy antics. Just lots of fun the whole time. The Worgens had a nice atmosphere, I liked the looks of Gilneas, but their levelling process just seemed to ddrrrraaaggggg for me.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

The worgen starter phases were definitely much faster than the goblin phases last time I went all the way through goblin. I have a character partway through goblin now (although I missed the stupid monkeys already) so I'll have to see how long that takes.