Page 1 of 1

Your main 5 pets?

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:44 pm
by Slickrock
So, given the news today, what are you first thoughts on your main 5 pets?

Here's what I'm thinking right now...

Solo - 5-mans
Arcturis - specced Tenacity
Loq - specced Ferocity
Water Strider - Ferocity
Chrommagus - Ferocity
Boar - Ferocity

For raiding and challenge modes I'd likely sub in a Quillen.

Another thought though.. some of the PVP pets might make interesting tanks, given the slows, stuns and such that they can apply. Even disarm might be interesting if you are up against non-boss humanoids.

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:46 pm
by Meggers
I won't be able to call my main 5 till I get at the new ones and see if I can stick with 'em. :)

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:49 pm
by Albain
Right now, this is a hard choice..

I expect I'll be bringing to 5man instances, all Ferocity:

Water Strider- magebuff
Silithid - priestbuff
Shale Spider - kingsbuff
Wind Serpent - 8% moar spellpower damage
Hyena - more phys damage

Not things I'd WANT to be playing with, but the most 'useful' to potentially cover gaps in 5man instances.

... otherwise it'll just be me and my croc, Smiley.

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:04 pm
by Miacoda
I'm always going to have Krush with me, and Ban'thalos most likely. The others I've always just switched around a bit.

Though, I am really enjoying my black tiger, Ruslan. :)

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:38 pm
by Ziarre
I...have no idea how my 'usual 5' are going to settle out. I don't say 'main 5' because I tend to give some pets turns in/out of my five depending on what I'm feeling like.

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:23 pm
by Maizou
Well, I will always carry a Flamingo. Though I may ditch my pink tallstrider for a crane, as I prefer the crane's look.

So far it looks like:

Crane
Water Strider (if it's not Exotic, otherwise I'll bring a Goat or one of the physical damage+ pets)
Deth'tilac (for PvP, though I may ditch her for a porcupine or something)
Dragon Hawk

So if striders are exotic, Crane, Porcupine, Dragon Hawk, and either Spider or Goat.

I rarely carry all 5 pets, in case I run into a rare spawn by chance.

For beast mastery, I'll probably bring a Spirit Beast, Quilen, Core Hound, and my Pink Worm named Slurpy. ;D If striders are exotic, I'll probably ditch my spirit beast for it. As Worms are great for AoE right now, xD

Honestly, if a buff is THAT important to a raid, I'll just pop out and grab it from the stables, if I have it. I have all 9 spirit beasts, and will tame any new ones, so if I don't, then I don't.

What I actually end up using always changes dramatically from what I plan though.

I remember when BC Beta was starting, I was SOOOOOO crazy about taming a warp stalker... and promptly released him like 10 minutes after taming.

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:28 pm
by Firesighn
ATM;

Lord Kri
Goat - Gabriel (Named after the Trickster on SPN. It seems oddly appropriate.)
Black Crane - Serendipity
Black Tiger - Palmetto
Fen Strider - Wibble

I can't make any promises about later, but Lord Kri is always in my party.

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:37 pm
by Kalliope
Firesighn wrote:Fen Strider - Wibble
!

I SAW YOU!

I love the name. <3

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:05 pm
by Shade
Hmmmm.

Spirit Beast-Either Banny or Loque
King Krush or the new white tiger

Fu Dog-too danged cute and with a b-rez? Win
Pink Crane.

Shale spider or my giant orange silthid boss

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:12 pm
by Chimera
goat, skoll, polar bear, porcupine, basilisk

Edit: Aw man i forgot all about cranes, tigers, and quilins...

mmmm

i might sub basilisk out for a tiger, but that'll prolly be it for my main group of pets

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:48 am
by swimgremlin
Currently it's:
King Krush - Krush
Black Jormungandr (sp?)- Sloth
Orange Silithid Tank - Envy
Glitched black Naxx beetle- Volkswagen
Chromaggus- Wrath

With the changes to pet trees coming I'll probably switch old Volkswagen to a spirit beast.

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:29 am
by Firesighn
Kalliope wrote:
Firesighn wrote:Fen Strider - Wibble
!

I SAW YOU!

I love the name. <3
!

Thanks! It was the first thing I thought when I found out they're tameable now. So excite. <3

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:57 am
by GormanGhaste
Hmm, too early to be entirely certain, but when I'm soloing I'll probably keep a beetle, Ghostcrawler, silkworm, and water strider on hand. Will use the fifth slot for random pets from the stable.