Your main 5 pets?

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3200
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Your main 5 pets?

Unread post by Slickrock »

So, given the news today, what are you first thoughts on your main 5 pets?

Here's what I'm thinking right now...

Solo - 5-mans
Arcturis - specced Tenacity
Loq - specced Ferocity
Water Strider - Ferocity
Chrommagus - Ferocity
Boar - Ferocity

For raiding and challenge modes I'd likely sub in a Quillen.

Another thought though.. some of the PVP pets might make interesting tanks, given the slows, stuns and such that they can apply. Even disarm might be interesting if you are up against non-boss humanoids.
Account has been closed at user's request.
User avatar
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3822
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:21 pm
Realm: Sargeras US
Gender: Female
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Unread post by Meggers »

I won't be able to call my main 5 till I get at the new ones and see if I can stick with 'em. :)
Avatar by LupisDarkmoon
ImageImage
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 401
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:23 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Male
Location: Lost Isles

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Unread post by Albain »

Right now, this is a hard choice..

I expect I'll be bringing to 5man instances, all Ferocity:

Water Strider- magebuff
Silithid - priestbuff
Shale Spider - kingsbuff
Wind Serpent - 8% moar spellpower damage
Hyena - more phys damage

Not things I'd WANT to be playing with, but the most 'useful' to potentially cover gaps in 5man instances.

... otherwise it'll just be me and my croc, Smiley.
User avatar
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 am
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde
Gender: Female

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Unread post by Miacoda »

I'm always going to have Krush with me, and Ban'thalos most likely. The others I've always just switched around a bit.

Though, I am really enjoying my black tiger, Ruslan. :)

Image

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

User avatar
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 pm
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US
Gender: Female
Location: Right behind you...

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Unread post by Ziarre »

I...have no idea how my 'usual 5' are going to settle out. I don't say 'main 5' because I tend to give some pets turns in/out of my five depending on what I'm feeling like.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

User avatar
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 1428
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Unread post by Maizou »

Well, I will always carry a Flamingo. Though I may ditch my pink tallstrider for a crane, as I prefer the crane's look.

So far it looks like:

Crane
Water Strider (if it's not Exotic, otherwise I'll bring a Goat or one of the physical damage+ pets)
Deth'tilac (for PvP, though I may ditch her for a porcupine or something)
Dragon Hawk

So if striders are exotic, Crane, Porcupine, Dragon Hawk, and either Spider or Goat.

I rarely carry all 5 pets, in case I run into a rare spawn by chance.

For beast mastery, I'll probably bring a Spirit Beast, Quilen, Core Hound, and my Pink Worm named Slurpy. ;D If striders are exotic, I'll probably ditch my spirit beast for it. As Worms are great for AoE right now, xD

Honestly, if a buff is THAT important to a raid, I'll just pop out and grab it from the stables, if I have it. I have all 9 spirit beasts, and will tame any new ones, so if I don't, then I don't.

What I actually end up using always changes dramatically from what I plan though.

I remember when BC Beta was starting, I was SOOOOOO crazy about taming a warp stalker... and promptly released him like 10 minutes after taming.
User avatar
Firesighn
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Unread post by Firesighn »

ATM;

Lord Kri
Goat - Gabriel (Named after the Trickster on SPN. It seems oddly appropriate.)
Black Crane - Serendipity
Black Tiger - Palmetto
Fen Strider - Wibble

I can't make any promises about later, but Lord Kri is always in my party.
User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14063
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Unread post by Kalliope »

Firesighn wrote:Fen Strider - Wibble
!

I SAW YOU!

I love the name. <3

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

User avatar
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1544
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:35 pm
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil
Gender: Robot
Location: Sholazar Basin

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Unread post by Shade »

Hmmmm.

Spirit Beast-Either Banny or Loque
King Krush or the new white tiger

Fu Dog-too danged cute and with a b-rez? Win
Pink Crane.

Shale spider or my giant orange silthid boss
User avatar
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 7584
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)
Gender: Male
Location: I have no idea

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Unread post by Chimera »

goat, skoll, polar bear, porcupine, basilisk

Edit: Aw man i forgot all about cranes, tigers, and quilins...

mmmm

i might sub basilisk out for a tiger, but that'll prolly be it for my main group of pets

Image
Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

User avatar
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:30 pm
Realm: Stormreaver
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Unread post by swimgremlin »

Currently it's:
King Krush - Krush
Black Jormungandr (sp?)- Sloth
Orange Silithid Tank - Envy
Glitched black Naxx beetle- Volkswagen
Chromaggus- Wrath

With the changes to pet trees coming I'll probably switch old Volkswagen to a spirit beast.
User avatar
Firesighn
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Unread post by Firesighn »

Kalliope wrote:
Firesighn wrote:Fen Strider - Wibble
!

I SAW YOU!

I love the name. <3
!

Thanks! It was the first thing I thought when I found out they're tameable now. So excite. <3
User avatar
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 6722
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:00 pm
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Your main 5 pets?

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Hmm, too early to be entirely certain, but when I'm soloing I'll probably keep a beetle, Ghostcrawler, silkworm, and water strider on hand. Will use the fifth slot for random pets from the stable.
Image
Locked