Page 1 of 1
Which RL fighting style should I train in?
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:36 pm
by Redith
So I have the opportunity to get official training in using either a shortsword/machete/gladius or tomahawk/hand axe with a weapon instructor. Which one should I pick hmm?
Re: Which RL fighting style should I train in?
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:52 pm
by Makoes
Definitly Swords/Machete/Gladius. More fun, and I would assume more relevant to situations (how many people pull knives on people compared to axes?)
Re: Which RL fighting style should I train in?
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:52 pm
by Danielfboone
Can't help you since I have won the last three gold medals awarded at the couch potato Olympics.

Re: Which RL fighting style should I train in?
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:03 am
by Tsuki
BREWMASTERY. DRINK BOOZE DODGE HITS. *shot*
But yeah I'd prolly say go with the swordtype, since AFAIK, that stuff is more about technique which can help you disarm and stuff, while axes seem to be more about strength and vital points.
Then again, tomahawks are badass, and make good throwing weapons...