Page 1 of 2

Twin Peaks BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:35 pm
by Arwyn
Blizz has put up some info on the Twin Peaks Battleground.

I was mainly hoping the announcement would explain more about the Dragonmaw clan but they just say they provide a " strategic importance" to the Horde. (After they mention that the clan spent years working to enslave red dragons. Nice way to make people want to take up arms for them Blizz. )

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:49 pm
by Saturo
Albino raptor mount!
Image

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:54 pm
by Ryai
Well it's not like the BG is going to provide us with a retired mount Saturo.



And not just that. Anyone get a look at the Screenie with the 'windmill'?

Image

Oh yeah. Ripped wings from red flight. I mean this is really going to get us on the good side of Alexstrasza now!

Good going Garrosh. Good going Blizz. Yaaay horde are evil dragon killers now!

*doublefacepalm*

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:55 pm
by Saturo
I vuws you Garrie!

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:57 pm
by Vephriel
Lol!!! :lol: I'm sorry, but...wow. That windmill takes the cake for epic trollage. I'm laughing so hard right now, ahaha. The lack of subtlety is ridiculously hilarious.

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:13 pm
by Gala
epic windmill is full of epic win.

i love it!

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:25 pm
by Sarayana
That's awesome. The Official Horde is going to be so deliciously evil! ;)

Saturo, I think that's the tiny raptor from the TCG: http://www.wowtcgloot.com/little_white_ ... bridle.htm

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:59 pm
by Anansi
Dammit I was expecting a BG styled by David Lynch and with Kyle McLachlan as a boss.

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:16 pm
by Nevar
Wow... No offense but I am so glad I'm alli right now.. GG Garrosh...way to be evil

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:18 pm
by Vephriel
Nevar wrote:Wow... No offense but I am so glad I'm alli right now..
None taken, I for one couldn't be happier with all this Horde focus and development. :D

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:21 pm
by Aleu
I thought Garrosh was going to do stuff that would make him more popular... So far he's doing the opposite. =P Though, according to some rumors, the Dragonmaw have apparently 'redeemed' themselves.

...THRALL FOREVER AS WARCHIEF! -waves flags-

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:22 pm
by Nevar
I dont think using red dragonwings for a wind mill count as redeeming yourself... Dear Blizz, Bring Thrall back - thank you

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:14 pm
by Fael
Needs to be a black lodge and a red room somewhere! People have also made mention of there needing to be cherry pie and damn good coffee. :p

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:28 pm
by Arwyn
Fael wrote:Needs to be a black lodge and a red room somewhere! People have also made mention of there needing to be cherry pie and damn good coffee. :p
Hehe..for the heck of it they might as well name any reward items or Achievements done there after the show.

Re: Twin Peaks BG Info

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:17 am
by Ryno
Twin Peaks, WSG 2.0.

Now with more Horde-Being-Asses Evidence!

Re: Twin Peaks BG Info

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:40 am
by Ryai
Ryno wrote:Twin Peaks, WSG 2.0.

Now with more Horde-Being-Asses Evidence!

No lies my hordies had nothing to do with this- my drood Coal is weeping in a corner.
None taken, I for one couldn't be happier with all this Horde focus and development.
Sorry but I don't see how 'lets make horde evil' = development, mean not unless we get to kill Garrosh. And are forced to redeem ourselves. Again. It's just a random twist that wouldn't make sense in even a story. It'd be like me writing a story, and then deciding halfway through, you know what, lets throw out everything and make one of the grey sides evil for no reason at all. Mean they know the only way they're getting away with this is cause Saurfang is still in outlands.

Guess at anyrate I now have no reason to really want to pvp whatso ever again.

Re: Twin Peaks BG Info

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:32 am
by Vespias
I have every confidence that this is the very first step in a massive story line that will end in the horde rising up against Garrosh and returning Thrall back to where he was born to be. In fact, when it is revealed where Thrall has gone I bet we'll see the destination of the next expansion. Yeah, I think Blizz works that far in advance. In the meantime, I will enjoy being deliciously evil if it makes all you alli players feel better so watch out...I'll be in your hometowns, hiding in your closets coming out to kick your grandmothers and eat your puppies!

Re: Twin Peaks BG Info

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:50 am
by Gala
Ryai wrote:
Ryno wrote:
None taken, I for one couldn't be happier with all this Horde focus and development.
Sorry but I don't see how 'lets make horde evil' = development, mean not unless we get to kill Garrosh. And are forced to redeem ourselves. Again. It's just a random twist that wouldn't make sense in even a story. It'd be like me writing a story, and then deciding halfway through, you know what, lets throw out everything and make one of the grey sides evil for no reason at all. Mean they know the only way they're getting away with this is cause Saurfang is still in outlands.

Guess at anyrate I now have no reason to really want to pvp whatso ever again.
If everyone was all happy and flowers and sunshine, that would get really boring really fast. I honestly feel that this isn't the typical "Good-go-bad-get-redeemed" storyline. This arch makes perfect sense from a story-telling standpoint. Remember Thrall and Garrosh a few days before WoTLK launch? Remember the conversation between Saurfang the Elder and Garrosh in Warsong Hold? Remember Garrosh and Varian in the Ulduar Trailer? Garrosh is willing to stomp out the alliance AT ANY COST. The fact that Garrosh is 1) doing something like this and 2) going to do more bad things in the future is awesome. This is the rise of a fantastic dictator/tyrant/bad leader storyline, and frankly, I have felt that the alliance almost always got all the fun plots. I could not be more excited about the Horde finally getting some awesome attention.

I personally think the windmill thing is hilarious. I'm sure Gala would have something other to say though.

Re: Twin Peaks BG Info

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:52 am
by Saturo
Galadrael wrote:I'm sure Gala would have something other to say though.
You're not Gala? Sharing accounts or something?

Re: Twin Peaks BG Info

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:55 am
by Gala
Saturo wrote:
Galadrael wrote:I'm sure Gala would have something other to say though.
You're not Gala? Sharing accounts or something?
There is me, and then there is Gala.

I differentiate between myself and my character. I imagine Gala is actually very different from me. You know, aside from the fact of being able to wear plate armor, properly wield an axe in combat, etc.