LupisDarkmoon wrote:SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!!!
Huh. I'm actually really surprised. I mean, I'm kind of lol'ing that it stars Thrall AGAIN, but the aspects giving up their immortality? That's strange. It seems like it may cause a lot of problems, actually. What happens when the aspects die? That means a lot of new aspects and potentially more corrupt ones. And if there aren't more aspects, then the dragons have the ability to run wild. (Dragons aren't *all* nice, no matter the flight.)
…I get the message, but this seems like it could screw up the world. >.<
Well, they did say their "ancient power had been expended" because they had "fulfilled their purpose". That suggests to me that they knew this fight was coming and that it would be the end of their immortality. As for what happens to the rest of the world, here's a few questions that popped into my head:
- What will happen to the balance of power in the Emerald Dream without Ysera being fully empowered?
- Now that Nozdormu is mortal, how exactly will he gain the ability to cause the events leading up to "End Time"? I guess there's tons of way to explain it, but more fun to wonder
- How screwed over does Kalecgos feel right about now?
- How long before the new Lich King goes bonkers and starts a second Scourge with the Red Dragonflight's power no longer paying attention to him?
From what I've read and seen, this is my interpretation of the video, broken into answers to each of these questions.
1) Ysera/Emerald Dream: From what I've understood, Ysera being capable of awakening shows that the Dream is under very strong control at the moment, and with Deathwing and the Firelands being dealt with, the Druids will be able to invest full effort into restoring their Dream to a healthy state.
2) Nozdormu/End Time: I know you said it's more fun to wonder, but I believe that Blizzard has shown us that Timelines are very different within CoT, and we don't just see our Timeline, but alternate Timelines as well. In the End Time reality, Deathwing was not stopped, leading to the maddening of yet ANOTHER Aspect (I would have pulled my hair out, I swear). However, in our timeline, Deathwing is defeated, preventing the loss of Nozdormu's sanity.
3) Kalecgos: Meh, he knew what he was getting into, all that power used to save Azeroth, I'm sure he's rather proud actually.
4) Alexstrasza/Bolvar: I'm not too concerned. Arthas had a long time to be corrupted, and the lust for power and acceptance to put him in the perfect position to become the Bat-Shit Crazy Deathknight he was, Bolvar did not have the time to be corrupted like Arthas, and also has a much stronger will than Arthas. Besides, when Arthas banished Ner'zhul from the Crown and Frostmourne, the only thing that kept the Lich King evil was the already-crazed Arthas, who was slain and taken by his Father, there really shouldn't be a source of Corruption (other than power, which Bolvar has held before to great effect) for Bolvar that would lead to such an assault. Also worth mentioning, the Red Dragonflight still has the power of healing, Alexstrasza just lost her immortality, 'tis all.