7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
User avatar
cowmuflage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 11983
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by cowmuflage » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:30 pm

So someone found on the PTR a bunch of new mounts relating to the Call of the Scarab micro-holiday in Silithus!

Image
Image
Image
Image

No one knows if they will be only usable in the holiday or as full mount yet sadly. I hope they are full mounts!

Seems I'm late to the part but what ever, they need their own thread instead of being shoved into a pet thread.

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Qraljar » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:38 pm

cowmuflage wrote:So someone found on the PTR a bunch of new mounts relating to the Call of the Scarab micro-holiday in Silithus!

Image
Image
Image
Image

No one knows if they will be only usable in the holiday or as full mount yet sadly. I hope they are full mounts!

Seems I'm late to the part but what ever, they need their own thread instead of being shoved into a pet thread.
I saw the post on WoWhead. I can't describe how hard I am crossing my fingers for them to be a permanent mount addition. As someone who went through the soul-murdering experience of getting the archaeology Ultramarine mount and who has been hoping for updates to the silithid models since forever, I need that new black one more than anything.

EDIT: Just noticed the 'Legacy' tag on the black one. Not a fan of that at all. I hope that it means it'll be like some kind of pre-BfA one time available mount and legacy points to it no longer being available after that event passes, not that it's something given out to Scarab Lords 13 or so years after they got their original mount. That would stink.

Giving people a new limited time Black Qiraji Battle Tank mount to pursue would probably be far more intriguing than just randomly giving it to Scarab Lords and telling new players that they're shit out of luck. :P

Edity edit v2:
According to someone in the MMO-Champion thread, there was a claim that Scarab Lords had this automatically added to their mount tab.

If true..

*breathes in deeply and walks off to get a whole lot of alcohol*
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

User avatar
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1959
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:19 am
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore
Gender: Female

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Lupen202 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:17 am

I hope it's a case of people with original get it automatically but everyone else can still get it. But that's still retarded.

They have their legendary mounts as a sign of accomplishment back then. Why get a brand new mount ... ANOTHER mount exclusive to like, 20 people.... now?

Image
Neiara - 120 BE hunter - Burning Blade (US)

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |


User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 12196
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Wain » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:26 am

The really sucky thing is that Scarab Lord wasn’t even a mark of personal accomplishment. Players required a lot of help to get it and not everyone who helped them get there could get their own before the deadline ended. Basically the efforts of many to elevate a lucky few.

I did do the chain on my own later and really loved it, though. No black silithid at the end but I think it was one of the most fun chains that Blizzard ever produced. It’s a shame it was erased.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1959
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:19 am
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore
Gender: Female

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Lupen202 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:33 am

Ofc it could also be a case of these are temp mounts only usable during the holiday, so those with the original black ones get a black one to use during the holiday. But that's be even more of a shame. :/

Image
Neiara - 120 BE hunter - Burning Blade (US)

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |


User avatar
Castile
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2895
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am
Realm: Nagrand
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Castile » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:05 am

Lupen202 wrote:Ofc it could also be a case of these are temp mounts only usable during the holiday, so those with the original black ones get a black one to use during the holiday. But that's be even more of a shame. :/
It would be a shame but I get the feeling this might be the case....like the Brooms and the ones that drop in AQ (only usable in AQ) kinda deal.

Image

Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~


User avatar
cowmuflage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 11983
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by cowmuflage » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:09 am

If it was AQ only I'd be ok with it as it still counts to my mount count XD

Also make brooms mounts already my golly gosh!

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Qraljar » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:12 am

Wain wrote:The really sucky thing is that Scarab Lord wasn’t even a mark of personal accomplishment. Players required a lot of help to get it and not everyone who helped them get there could get their own before the deadline ended. Basically the efforts of many to elevate a lucky few.

I did do the chain on my own later and really loved it, though. No black silithid at the end but I think it was one of the most fun chains that Blizzard ever produced. It’s a shame it was erased.
And also, there were plenty of people that sold their accounts, as well as people that more or less cheesed it during WoTLK with the new servers that didn't yet automatically have their gates open.

I think it's a waste to just plop it into their laps instead of giving players now a new chance to get a time-limited Black Qiraji tank that the original Scarab Lords are in no way entitled to.
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Qraljar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Seems it's confirmed that the blue and red new qiraji mounts will only be mountable during Call of the Scarab.

The black one will probably be given to Scarab Lords automatically.

Meh..
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

User avatar
Tårnfalk
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 15547
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 am
Realm: Azol-Nerub ~ Tårnfalk #2397
Gender: Female
Location: Copenhagen- Denmark

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Tårnfalk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:16 pm

I think they should open up for the option to do the opening of Aq Gates as an optional quest linie you could take. It should give you a reasonable time to get the ressources together and open the Gates your self. It would be a costly and time consuming thing to do but I feel ppl should get the option. Blizzard need to incorperate some sandbox into their game :).

Image

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair


User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16069
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Vephriel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:08 pm

"The New Qiraji Resonating Crystal mounts are faction-specific from Call of the Scarab and last just for the holiday"
https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/940669203031326720

Sighs. :( How pointless.

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4075
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Valnaaros » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:38 pm

Tårnfalk wrote:I think they should open up for the option to do the opening of Aq Gates as an optional quest linie you could take. It should give you a reasonable time to get the ressources together and open the Gates your self. It would be a costly and time consuming thing to do but I feel ppl should get the option. Blizzard need to incorperate some sandbox into their game :).
The reason that they don't is because a lot of the pieces of the original questline aren't in game anymore. Azuregos, Stewvul, the Isle of Dread and the Chimaeroks on it, Meridith the Mermaiden, etc.

User avatar
cowmuflage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 11983
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by cowmuflage » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:49 pm

Vephriel wrote:"The New Qiraji Resonating Crystal mounts are faction-specific from Call of the Scarab and last just for the holiday"
https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/940669203031326720

Sighs. :( How pointless.

Ah bum tits :(

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:17 pm
Gender: Male

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Bristlenose » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:03 am

As I said in the other PTR thread they should at least make the existing bug mounts be zone wide instead of raid restricted as a compromise.

User avatar
Tårnfalk
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 15547
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 am
Realm: Azol-Nerub ~ Tårnfalk #2397
Gender: Female
Location: Copenhagen- Denmark

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Tårnfalk » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:07 am

Valnaaros wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:I think they should open up for the option to do the opening of Aq Gates as an optional quest linie you could take. It should give you a reasonable time to get the ressources together and open the Gates your self. It would be a costly and time consuming thing to do but I feel ppl should get the option. Blizzard need to incorperate some sandbox into their game :).
The reason that they don't is because a lot of the pieces of the original questline aren't in game anymore. Azuregos, Stewvul, the Isle of Dread and the Chimaeroks on it, Meridith the Mermaiden, etc.
Couldn't they just make it like theramore. . A person you talk to to get "timewarped " into a place where the old zones are?

Image

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair


User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 12196
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Wain » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:45 am

Tårnfalk wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:I think they should open up for the option to do the opening of Aq Gates as an optional quest linie you could take. It should give you a reasonable time to get the ressources together and open the Gates your self. It would be a costly and time consuming thing to do but I feel ppl should get the option. Blizzard need to incorperate some sandbox into their game :).
The reason that they don't is because a lot of the pieces of the original questline aren't in game anymore. Azuregos, Stewvul, the Isle of Dread and the Chimaeroks on it, Meridith the Mermaiden, etc.
Couldn't they just make it like theramore. . A person you talk to to get "timewarped " into a place where the old zones are?
I think most of the old world was dismantled during Cataclysm, because it wasn't very well put-together to begin with. Zones preCata never really lined up perfectly, etc. So, unlike Theramore, Blasted Lands and Silithus, I don't think it's as simple as allowing access to an old phase. They could still put in the time and add all the quests back in but it would require a fair bit of work. I'd love it if they did it, but I don't expect it's going to happen. I did the quest chain prior to Cata and thought it was fantastic. Epic adventure and some very funny bits.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Qraljar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:54 am

HOW DO I HIDE THIS SALT.
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4075
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Valnaaros » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:09 am

What Wain said is spot on.

User avatar
Tårnfalk
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 15547
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 am
Realm: Azol-Nerub ~ Tårnfalk #2397
Gender: Female
Location: Copenhagen- Denmark

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Tårnfalk » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:23 am

Wain wrote:I think they should open up for the option to do the opening of Aq Gates as an optional quest linie you could take. It should give you a reasonable time to get the ressources together and open the Gates your self. It would be a costly and time consuming thing to do but I feel ppl should get the option. Blizzard need to incorperate some sandbox into their game :).

The reason that they don't is because a lot of the pieces of the original questline aren't in game anymore. Azuregos, Stewvul, the Isle of Dread and the Chimaeroks on it, Meridith the Mermaiden, etc.

Couldn't they just make it like theramore. . A person you talk to to get "timewarped " into a place where the old zones are?
I think most of the old world was dismantled during Cataclysm, because it wasn't very well put-together to begin with. Zones preCata never really lined up perfectly, etc. So, unlike Theramore, Blasted Lands and Silithus, I don't think it's as simple as allowing access to an old phase. They could still put in the time and add all the quests back in but it would require a fair bit of work. I'd love it if they did it, but I don't expect it's going to happen. I did the quest chain prior to Cata and thought it was fantastic. Epic adventure and some very funny bits.
I guess they could open for it on the classic servers. I heard rumors that classic is going to work like diablo. You have 1 year to get the achivements you want then it resets but allowing your main charecter to keep what you get...rumors have it that each year will have special rewards like outfits etc.

Image

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair


Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4075
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Valnaaros » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:49 am

Blizz never said anything about what will be in Classic servers, but I highly doubt they will add rewards that'll be carried over to Live WoW.

Post Reply