6-17 hours for: Solix, Anthriss, Magria, Ankha, Ban' thalos, Skitterflame, Deth'tilac, Kirix
2-10 hours: Skarr and Karkin
Share a spawn timer:
Skarr and Karkin
Magria and Ankha
Extra spawn info:
A rare can be up in mount hyjal and in molten front at the same time
Banny and a cat can be up at the same time
Up to 2 spiders can be up in molten front, its possible for even 3! Saw solix when kirix was tamed not sure he spawned cause Kirix was tamed or if he was up while I was watching kirix being tamed for awhile.
Also 2 spiders and Skarr or Karkin can be up.
Note:The spirit beasts are accessible to you once you finish the first quest line and get your first dailies of Mount hyjal. You have to finish the guardian quests to open the quests in mount hyjal.
Behind bird cage #1
Spirt Beast ghost Owl
Found in Mount Hyjal near the sanctuary of malorne. Found him first as I left the portal but seems to just fly extremely high around the statue.
Trick tame: He flies extremely high.
Strat 1: Tree strat: There is a tree by the statue on the left side where you can stand on top of. Positioning is key or else you fall to death, once on the tree lay a freezing trap down when he gets closer to you and mount up. Fly straight up until you can hit him and agroo him. He can be trapped and should be trapped as his moonfire isnt so nice. (You really.. need the trap)
Strat 2: Lay down a freezing trap at the top of the head of the statue. Mount up, once you are within range of Ban, dismount and shoot him. Use your parachute cloak to go down. Its a good idea to use any heals you have just incase. Because you have a longer ways to fall you wont usually take any fall damage but you will take alot of moonfire damage. So keeping yourself alive from that is your main objective. Once he is trapped easy tame. (make sure once you pull you hit esc to stop shooting him so you dont break your trap)
This strat is great if you cant get on the tree but it does hurt a heck of alot more.
(that tree in the picture)
Kitty kat #2
Rare Spirit Beast
Found in the top half of regrowth, and she runs all the way to south from the portal. They seem to run slower and just stroll/run at the top part of hyjal, the lowest point seems to be at the hill spot.
Trick of the tame: Any armor will cause an increase in damage taken.
Way to tame:
1. Take off every single peice of item that has any armor to it.
2. Hit detterence and tame.
Kitty kat 3
Rare spirit beast
Same as Ankha.
NOTE:All these rares are found in molten front. The spiders and Skarr and karkin are accessible to you once you unlock molten front (about 3 days of dailies) and once you finish the first quest and unlock the dailies in Molten front (have to defeat the big lava giant)
Rare unique orange spider
(with him if your MM spec, use chimera shot and MS for concussive barrage )
Found in the igneous depths
Trick of the tame: Super fast. Too fast for you to tame.
How to tame:
1. Put a ice trap right in his path. (Theres a blue rune near it, its the best spot) Wait for cd. Put on aspect of the cheetah
2. Tag with Concussive shot and move, becareful that he doesnt skirt your trap. he has a small hit box which means a smaller chance for him to hit your traps.
3. Kite using CS, and your ice trap. Running backwards I would not recommend, just run and turn around to hit with CS and run forward again.
4. Once he gets to around 48% his tame debuff should be off hit detterence and tame.
Note: If he gets to low in focus he will die. Reset him if your not going to make it.
Also if someone is doing the quest it makes it more difficult as the mobs will get hit by your trap and if they stun you youll likely as good as dead.
Rare green spider
He has two abilities.. the nature damage and this toxin stun thatll hit you hard and stun you for 3 secs.
Trick of the tame: Survive the tame.
Skarrs rock (note he can evade using this strat, it happens.. alot)
1. Get to the rock that skarr used to spawn on. It is the single floating rock right across from kirix. Just mount up and hit the space bar at the hill to jump safely across.
2. Once there use traps to get his attention, you should be able to use explosive trap and an ice trap just incase (no snakes)
2.(a)If wanted you can use haste you have, lifeblood, corehound haste pots, if you want
3. Hit Detterence then tame asap.
(harder strat if you want a real challenge, surv spec may be the best way to tame him using this strat for mirrored blades, it hits him back with it. Atleast you hit em right? He hurt enough.)
1. Have NR buff up, tag kirix.
2. Once he punts you hit disengage at the highest point and hit detterence
3. Use any haste (if wanted) and hit tame
Rare #6. Anthriss
Rare yellow fire spider
Found in magma springs
Trick for the tame: She puts a web on you that you must submerge yourself in lava to get off it off.
The lava not infront of her but the one with rock sticking out of it is deep enough for you to safely tame her. Once you are swimming in the lava you wont be hit by her web.
How to tame:
1. Hit her with CS and disengage to the lava. Once you are deep enough that you are swimming you have hit the right spot.
2. Hit detterence, and tame.
Purple spider of doom (seriously of doom)
Trick of the tame: Get her to low health to tame.
1. Put down traps one after the other. (really all you need is ice but extra damage is nice ^.^) Wait for CDs.
2. Move as far back as you can while still being able to hit her and send your pet in. Once your pet dies revive your pet.
3. Continue this rotation of traps/cs/sending in pet/reviving until her buff is down. (Use MS and Chimera shot if MM)
4. Distance is crucial when you tame her, she can and will still cast Deth strike.
Extra note: If you have space, taming extra trash spiders is nice. Faster to abandon then revive.
Best pet to use is a spider because of the web ability; the goal is to get her to low health so you can tame her. Sacrifices make her injure herself with deth strike, use it as much as you can but becareful use it too much and if shes gets to 16k and deth strikes.. its all over for her.
Interesting to note: She does evade alot, while kiting her always make sure shes in your LOS. Clear trash.
Found: Forlorn spire behind it.. laying in wait
Rare #8: Skitterflame
Rare red lava spider
Trick: Super heated, must cool off before taming.
How to tame:
1. Place freezing trap right infront of him. Wait for CD, then pull with scatter shot.
2. Place another freezing trap right in front of him so as soon as he breaks the trap, he will hit the other one.
3. Once he breaks that, hit scare beast and keep him feared while you wait on your cd. (scare beasts lasts long)
4. Place an ice trap in front of him and he should get safely to the right tameability (you can use another freezing trap, but be prepared to break him out of it ASAP. I prefer ice trap just because its more then enough needed. 2 freezing traps will get him to 20, you only need to get him to 18 to tame) # freezing traps unless your fast enough will kill him.
5. Detterence (if you want) and tame.
Note: If you tame to soon, he will charge you for alot of damage.
Interesting to note: Other hunters can not use their traps unless they are in your party. He gets trapped but does not lose any focus making others less likely to kill him on you. Clearing adds is a good idea.
map from Derax
Rare #9 : Karken
currently found on fireplume in two spots
1. Shoot to pull agroo
2. Corehound heroism and lava breath to slow the cast
3. potion of speed
4. detterence and hit tame
Rare #10: Skarr
same spawn points as Karkin
easier strat for the both of them is:
1. Tame beast, once he casts half way through his barrage.. use silencing shot
2. hit detterence/tame beast
NPCS ID (thank you Faf!)
50815 Skarr (onyx cat)
50959 Karkin (black diamond crab)
54318 Ankha (white spectral tiger)
54319 Magria (blue spectral tiger)
54320 Ban'thalos (green spectral owl)
54321 Solix (orange fire spider)
54322 Deth'tilac (blurple fire spider)
54323 Kirix (green fire spider)
54324 Skitterflame (red fire spider)
54338 Anthriss (yellow fire spider)