New Fox Spirit Beast: Lightning Paw

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
User avatar
Icharia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:31 pm
Realm: Kil'jaeden US

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Icharia » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Happy to help, Albain.

Thank you Rikaku, I found him on two of three hunters in the spot you listed!

User avatar
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:53 am
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm
Gender: Male
Location: Trueshot Lodge with Hati

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Iowawolf » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Anyone got a way to enter this fox into NPC.Scan so while flying if it pops I will know such as the number I think it is what the add on uses.
Image

User avatar
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1354
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:50 am
Gender: Female

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Rikaku » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:11 pm

Icharia wrote:Happy to help, Albain.

Thank you Rikaku, I found him on two of three hunters in the spot you listed!
Glad it helped! :D


User avatar
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:19 am
Realm: Zul'gin
Gender: Female

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by lilaughingwolf » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:04 pm

Rikaku wrote:I found mine in a different spot, 23, 76.

I noticed the first reported spawn point had one of those bushes that had glowing/blinking eyes on it. I decided to take a hunch and fly around Duskwood to check out other bushes with that same effect on them. Found mine in a bush with blinking eyes in Addle's Stead. Not sure if that's really the way to ID spawn points, but I managed to find him just using /tar and checking out those bushes specifically.

Example of the "blinking eyes" bush I was talking about. Note that this is the first reported spawn location in Raven Hill, but I also found it in the bush I tamed him at (there's two of these at Addle's Stead). Could be coincidence but, with all the weird hidden stuff Blizzard has added lately, I figured it couldn't hurt to investigate.

Image
As far as I remember those bushes always had those blinking eyes, part of the whole creepy ambiance of the area. :)

User avatar
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1354
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:50 am
Gender: Female

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Rikaku » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:05 pm

lilaughingwolf wrote:
Rikaku wrote:I found mine in a different spot, 23, 76.

I noticed the first reported spawn point had one of those bushes that had glowing/blinking eyes on it. I decided to take a hunch and fly around Duskwood to check out other bushes with that same effect on them. Found mine in a bush with blinking eyes in Addle's Stead. Not sure if that's really the way to ID spawn points, but I managed to find him just using /tar and checking out those bushes specifically.

Example of the "blinking eyes" bush I was talking about. Note that this is the first reported spawn location in Raven Hill, but I also found it in the bush I tamed him at (there's two of these at Addle's Stead). Could be coincidence but, with all the weird hidden stuff Blizzard has added lately, I figured it couldn't hurt to investigate.

Image
As far as I remember those bushes always had those blinking eyes, part of the whole creepy ambiance of the area. :)
Yep! That's what made me think of it, cause I remember back in Classic I always liked the small touch to make the place "creepy". :D


User avatar
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:53 am
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm
Gender: Male
Location: Trueshot Lodge with Hati

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Iowawolf » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:23 pm

Anyone know its respawn timer?
Image

User avatar
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2805
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Nachtwulf » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Hilariously, most places I've checked, people are only camping that one bush in the graveyard, though I suppose that'll change over time. I saw a bloof that had him tamed (and was now afk) so I gave up looking, figuring that he was on timer.

Annoyed, however, by the 110 and her druid buddy that kept /shoo-ing me and harassing me to leave whenever I rode past. :P Whassamatter, can't handle the thought that a 42 might get the pet you want first? Pth.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket


User avatar
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2571
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:32 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.
Gender: Female
Location: Under your bed!
Contact:

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Aleu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:27 pm

Nachtwulf wrote:Hilariously, most places I've checked, people are only camping that one bush in the graveyard, though I suppose that'll change over time. I saw a bloof that had him tamed (and was now afk) so I gave up looking, figuring that he was on timer.
Uhm, I don't suppose the elf you saw was this morning? >.> <.<

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}


User avatar
Phenias
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:08 am
Realm: Sisters of Elune
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Phenias » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:29 pm

I've compiled a list of some wowhead comment section waypoints (mostly the graveyard ones) with my own findings as well
Image
One point is actually right in front of Naraxis' cave.

Disclaimer: These are waypoints for blinking bushes, not actual guaranteed spawn points.
Last edited by Phenias on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ellonna
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:11 am
Realm: Ravenholdt
Gender: Female

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Ellonna » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Hey guys, just tamed on Ravenholdt. My husband used his demon hunter's spectral sight to locate him. Probably a good way to hunt as it highlights him right away even if you aren't very close.
.
Image

User avatar
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by SetsunaChan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:40 pm

Did a few sweeps for Thunder Paw, no luck. But I did find a lot of bush campers, mostly at the one bush in the back of the graveyard. :P

Either way I cannot be too mad/angry/grumpy about the spirit fox after reading this. https://twitter.com/Moorgard/status/819266065532231680

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 12008
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Wain » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Steve Danuser also graciously let us know that its minimum scaling level is 17. So that's the lowest level spirit beast ever!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 678
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:53 pm
Realm: Skywall-US
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Xella » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:21 am

I suppose it'll calm down soon enough but I wish this (like... well, like almost everything RNG spawn-related) was a personal spawn and not, you know, open to everyone who is both on your server, your CRZ, and anyone who can snag a group on your server/CRZ. The number of hunters who are not only not on Korgath, but also not on any of our normal CRZ realms in addition to all the hunters out there that you would EXPECT to see on my CRZ is incredibly frustrating (I counted two from Stormrage and three from Area 52, both PvE realms that would never otherwise be in my PvP battlegroup, in addition to the seven or eight Blackrock, Bloodscalp+, and Stormscale+ hunters).

For those of you who have actually managed to spot him (and/or tame him), what's the lightning effect like in motion? Is it like the effect that your pets get when you use Titan's Thunder (or whatever our active artifact ability is), or is it more like... like Skoll or Hati's lightning effect, but applied flat to the body instead of AROUND the pet?
Current main: Xellandria-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.

User avatar
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2805
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Nachtwulf » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:15 am

The bloof I saw was indeed this morning, though I checked three realm groups in sequence and I no longer remember which it was.

As for the effect, it's mostly like Skoll's, or possibly more like the Thundering sky serpents, where the flashes are 'set' a short distance above the actual body of the model and flash on and off. In addition, though, it has an on-skin sort of ripply effect, almost like a blue version of the primordial ooze or that one windserpent made of blood. It's not the same texture/color, but I think the technology is the same.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket


User avatar
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1354
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:50 am
Gender: Female

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Rikaku » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:45 am

Xella wrote:I suppose it'll calm down soon enough but I wish this (like... well, like almost everything RNG spawn-related) was a personal spawn and not, you know, open to everyone who is both on your server, your CRZ, and anyone who can snag a group on your server/CRZ. The number of hunters who are not only not on Korgath, but also not on any of our normal CRZ realms in addition to all the hunters out there that you would EXPECT to see on my CRZ is incredibly frustrating (I counted two from Stormrage and three from Area 52, both PvE realms that would never otherwise be in my PvP battlegroup, in addition to the seven or eight Blackrock, Bloodscalp+, and Stormscale+ hunters).

For those of you who have actually managed to spot him (and/or tame him), what's the lightning effect like in motion? Is it like the effect that your pets get when you use Titan's Thunder (or whatever our active artifact ability is), or is it more like... like Skoll or Hati's lightning effect, but applied flat to the body instead of AROUND the pet?
There's a bit of like 2 overlapping effects. One is the ripple effect seen on the body, looks a lot like the "Titan's Thunder" animation. There's also a bit of crackling/jumping lightning that looks a bit akin to Skoll's lightning but more detailed/not as aged, but has an additional 'jumping sparks' animation on it as well. Screenshots just don't do it justice as it never shows up well in a shot.


User avatar
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:53 am
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm
Gender: Male
Location: Trueshot Lodge with Hati

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Iowawolf » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:08 am

Image
Image
Image

Meet Lightning the newest pet to enter my stable finally tamed her on Moon Guard at Addles Stead I didn't have to flare my NPCScan went off to tell me she was there the number is 118244.
Image

User avatar
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 2921
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 am
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)
Gender: Dood

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Quiv » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:19 am

I saw a video of it and pictures don't do the effect justice. it is really unique.

I got up this morning before work and Duskwood had more hunters than zombies even at this hour. Strange thing is I couldn't even find him on the PTR either.

User avatar
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by SetsunaChan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:12 am

Bendak has a short video on his site with Lightning Paws lightning affect. http://eyesofthebeast.com/2017/01/how-t ... #more-5733

Images doesn't do the fella justice.

User avatar
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:45 pm
Realm: Cenarius & Ysera-US

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Tilo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Wow... ok, so a moonrunner hunter, forgot their name, we were chatting about the spawns, where, timer etc. at 1:17p they got their tame - bush near ally camp left side. I grats'd them and waited at same spot (why not), and did a heroix... 2:21p heroix was done, zone out and boom, there she is AGAIN! But one hour later! Got my doggy daughter in game, woot woot... I'm on ysera.

Question lies in the spawn timer though; I saw their tamed fox an hour earlier was expecting to wait 5-9hrs, then an hour later one spawns for me, same spot? Is the timer 'reset' based on server it was tamed on or?
Image
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Avatar LupisDarkmoon []
Signature Kamoodle []

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 12008
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Fox Spirit Beast: Lightning Paw

Unread post by Wain » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:24 pm

I just split this topic off from the old 7.1.5 pets one since it's popular and really deserved its own :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

Post Reply