Patch 7.3.5

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Qraljar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Valnaaros wrote:The servers are now up! And, sadly, the three Silithid Rares are still untamable :( They also did not fix the beasts that were listed under incorrect families.
That's some great Blizzard quality assurance.

Maybe an idea to make a tweet at Warcraftdevs or Muffinus, or whomever is more prevalent on the hunter pet front?
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

User avatar
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 5157
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)
Gender: Probably
Location: Somewhere in a cornfield

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Teigan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Well, I've acquired a new silithid friend, and he's lovely. But, I really hope that the others are made tameable. (I want the teal or black!)
Sukurachi wrote:and I don't understand the extra bag slots thing.
I HAVE an actual authenticator (I don't have a cell phone), it tells me I have 4 extra bag slots (which are not visible).

Then I decided to turn off all my add-ons and there it was, an extra row of bag slots in my backpack.. to which I didn't have access unless I signed up for SMS, whatever that is.

So this means the extra bag slots are only for people with cell phones?
Same problem here, and not sure what to do about it.

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Qraljar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:25 pm

Teigan wrote:Well, I've acquired a new silithid friend, and he's lovely. But, I really hope that the others are made tameable. (I want the teal or black!)
Sukurachi wrote:and I don't understand the extra bag slots thing.
I HAVE an actual authenticator (I don't have a cell phone), it tells me I have 4 extra bag slots (which are not visible).

Then I decided to turn off all my add-ons and there it was, an extra row of bag slots in my backpack.. to which I didn't have access unless I signed up for SMS, whatever that is.

So this means the extra bag slots are only for people with cell phones?
Same problem here, and not sure what to do about it.
Is the red silithid still a bugged tame?

Heard something about them disappearing once you dismiss them once.
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11804
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Wain » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:27 pm

Valnaaros wrote:Unfortunately, Sukurachi, that is correct. You go to your account page on the WoW site and you can activate the SMS security, but can only do so if you have a cell phone.
So it requires more than just the authenticator? Have Blizzard confirmed that’s intended because (a) it’s not what they promised and (b) fuck that. :p :p :p
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Valnaaros » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:28 pm

I haven't heard of that bug happening, Qraljar :o

@Teigan Do you have a cell phone? If so, then you go to your account page on the WoW website and there should be an option on the left-hand side to activate SMS protection.

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Valnaaros » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:28 pm

Wain wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Unfortunately, Sukurachi, that is correct. You go to your account page on the WoW site and you can activate the SMS security, but can only do so if you have a cell phone.
So it requires more than just the authenticator? Have Blizzard confirmed that’s intended because (a) it’s not what they promised and (b) fuck that. :p :p :p
Aye, they confirmed that it is intended. Was in a blue post.

User avatar
Sonam
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Realm: Kirin Tor
Gender: M

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Sonam » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Wain wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Unfortunately, Sukurachi, that is correct. You go to your account page on the WoW site and you can activate the SMS security, but can only do so if you have a cell phone.
So it requires more than just the authenticator? Have Blizzard confirmed that’s intended because (a) it’s not what they promised and (b) fuck that. :p :p :p
I've only got the original auth, also got the 4 slots. I believe it is a bug that some folks who have only the one are not getting 'em. I still believe the blue post was either a typo, or misinformed.

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Qraljar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:32 pm

Valnaaros wrote:
Wain wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Unfortunately, Sukurachi, that is correct. You go to your account page on the WoW site and you can activate the SMS security, but can only do so if you have a cell phone.
So it requires more than just the authenticator? Have Blizzard confirmed that’s intended because (a) it’s not what they promised and (b) fuck that. :p :p :p
Aye, they confirmed that it is intended. Was in a blue post.
Then I'm not going for it. I'm sticking with just the authenticator.
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16009
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Vephriel » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:42 pm

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761056483#8
It sounds like you need both an authenticator AND to active SMS protect. I had a physical authenticator attached but I hadn't set up SMS protect. I went ahead and did it since, it's not really a big deal for me, I don't use my phone that much anyways, but it is strange that an authenticator alone isn't enough.

Apparently it can take up to 30 minutes to register after doing these things.

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Qraljar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:51 pm

Anyone planning on tweeting one of the devs or multiple about the wrongly tagged creatures and the new silithids not being marked tameable?
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Valnaaros » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:04 pm

It has been reported multiple times since a month or two ago, and they didn't do anything :/

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Qraljar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Valnaaros wrote:It has been reported multiple times since a month or two ago, and they didn't do anything :/
Really? On Twitter?

Because honestly, it feels like they check that more than their official forums. :lol:
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Valnaaros » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:19 pm

I believe Wain posted something on Twitter. I know there were a few posts on the official forums, plus ingame bug reports.

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Qraljar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:24 pm

Valnaaros wrote:I believe Wain posted something on Twitter. I know there were a few posts on the official forums, plus ingame bug reports.
Ahh, never mind, then. Thought no one had reported it yet, believing that it would be fixed in some build before release.

My bad!
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

revial
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by revial » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:47 pm

Novikova wrote:Where was it? I'm not seeing it on MG.

Edit: Finally found it. It just took awhile to spawn.
Any idea how long the spawn is? I arrived to see its corpse, and have been waiting almost an hour now for it to respawn. :/

Edit: Unless the spawn is random, it appears to be somewhere between 1.5 and 2 hours.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11804
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Wain » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:48 pm

revial wrote:
Novikova wrote:Where was it? I'm not seeing it on MG.

Edit: Finally found it. It just took awhile to spawn.
Any idea how long the spawn is? I arrived to see its corpse, and have been waiting almost an hour now for it to respawn. :/

Edit: Unless the spawn is random, it appears to be somewhere between 1.5 and 2 hours.
Cool to know, thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Valnaaros » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:09 am

Looks like the new Black Qiraji War Tank is indeed intended to just be for Scarab Lords. Those who are were automatically given one. From what I've been reading, most either don't mind this or are supportive of there being exclusive content.

Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:16 am
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Sarynotsorry » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 am

In regards to the red Panthara: the spawn seems perhaps bugged. I tamed the first one available the minute realms came up. It respawned 10-15 min later for my friend, who failed twice and had it despawn on her (no kill- he had reset, was there a moment, then gone). Haven’t seen it come back up though I’m sure it did at some point during raid.

Re: red silithid: not a bugged tame on live. Dismissed and resimmonrd several times and he survived two crashes.

Naroua untameable of course but was worth a shot. Mana buffed blue Panthara revert to normal coloring after tame, as before.

Albino umbrafin were easy to find. Had to kill a few pink ones and two respawned white.

Can confirm that mini pet is dropping off the silithid bosses on live.


Also, hi! Had an account since around 2008 but couldn’t remember login and password reset never worked so I made a new one. Used to be Helsinki.

User avatar
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Posts: 3258
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm
Realm: Aman'Thul
Location: Australia

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by SpiritBinder » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:01 am

So the new Black Qiraji War Tank is only given to those whom got the scarab lord title.... that's awfully unfortunate.

Could they not have added it in another capacity, no matter how ludicrously hard/rare to get? But to just give a new, permanent mount, with an original model and color, to a very very select few, that either manged to get one on the effort of so many others, or cheese it in WotLK is just.... :|

It's like creating a new Nether drake Mount, and then only giving it free, to BC Arena Season 1 gladiators... the mind, it boggles.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­

User avatar
Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Qraljar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:05 am

SpiritBinder wrote:So the new Black Qiraji War Tank is only given to those whom got the scarab lord title.... that's awfully unfortunate.

Could they not have added it in another capacity, no matter how ludicrously hard/rare to get? But to just give a new, permanent mount, with an original model and color, to a very very select few, that either manged to get one on the effort of so many others, or cheese it in WotLK is just.... :|

It's like creating a new Nether drake Mount, and then only giving it free, to BC Arena Season 1 gladiators... the mind, it boggles.
Don't even get me started Spiritbinder.

If I get started on it, I'll be ranting about it even more than I already have, and I'm probably starting to get a reputation here from just ranting about Silithid stuff.

But because I am a petty one. To make your analogy even more fitting:

Imagine they make a random updated new Netherdrake model without armor. It has a lot of design liberties taken and has elements in the model that the old one plainly did not, like maybe ears or four eyes instead of two. People are psyched to get a shot at obtaining this cool new model that is not only a new mesh altogether with a new textureset, but also is sort of a spiritual redesign in that it has new bells and whistles attached that the old one never did.

So they give the model to people who were gladiators in The Burning Crusade. Who still have their title and unique mount from back then and possibly haven't done any PvPing since WoTLK. Seems fair.

But yeah, I hate it.
Valnaaros wrote:Looks like the new Black Qiraji War Tank is indeed intended to just be for Scarab Lords. Those who are were automatically given one. From what I've been reading, most either don't mind this or are supportive of there being exclusive content.
Has nothing to do with prestige or exclusive content in my opinion.

The old one is still exclusive, and Scarab Lords never worked towards this new model.
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

Post Reply