Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

User avatar
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 5037
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: England!

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Snowy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:52 pm

I blame my lack of caring about hydras for the fact that I had no idea about that. :P Now to proceed the rant about how it's unfair that some players are allowed their own 'special' pets.

Image
Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)


User avatar
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 1602
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US
Gender: The Manliest Man ever
Location: Aincrad
Contact:

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Zangor » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:41 pm

dont rant because blizzard could just as easily take em away but i think its cool blizzard lets hunters keep the unintended tames if we found them in time its kinda a reward for finding something the developers failed to see. but since cataclysm we havent see this happening because testing usually reveals this now. so at least blizzard is improving.

User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14062
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Kalliope » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Everdeen wrote:I blame my lack of caring about hydras for the fact that I had no idea about that. :P Now to proceed the rant about how it's unfair that some players are allowed their own 'special' pets.
There's no sense in complaining; the hydra buff is just a regular crit buff. They're basically glorified wolves. When/if hydras are added as a properly tameable family, their family buff is highly likely to change, especially since both quilen and water striders have crit buffs too.

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


User avatar
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 am
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Gender: Male with both gender toons
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Kurasu » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Kalliope wrote:
Everdeen wrote:I blame my lack of caring about hydras for the fact that I had no idea about that. :P Now to proceed the rant about how it's unfair that some players are allowed their own 'special' pets.
There's no sense in complaining; the hydra buff is just a regular crit buff. They're basically glorified wolves. When/if hydras are added as a properly tameable family, their family buff is highly likely to change, especially since both quilen and water striders have crit buffs too.
How many pets also have a damage increase debuff now?
And how many have the haste buff?
And how many have the 2 second stun?

I don't think that just because 'others have it', they will remove the crit from Hydras. :) There have been a lot of crossover pets throughout. And Hydras aren't exotic pets, so having Hydras able to use this means that people who aren't Beast Masters have the chance to utilize a crit pet that *isn't* a wolf.
Come see Kurasu's stables!

User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14062
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Kalliope » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Kurasu wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
Everdeen wrote:I blame my lack of caring about hydras for the fact that I had no idea about that. :P Now to proceed the rant about how it's unfair that some players are allowed their own 'special' pets.
There's no sense in complaining; the hydra buff is just a regular crit buff. They're basically glorified wolves. When/if hydras are added as a properly tameable family, their family buff is highly likely to change, especially since both quilen and water striders have crit buffs too.
How many pets also have a damage increase debuff now?
And how many have the haste buff?
And how many have the 2 second stun?

I don't think that just because 'others have it', they will remove the crit from Hydras. :) There have been a lot of crossover pets throughout. And Hydras aren't exotic pets, so having Hydras able to use this means that people who aren't Beast Masters have the chance to utilize a crit pet that *isn't* a wolf.
I said "highly likely" for a reason. ;) It's no guarantee, but it COULD possibly be a reason that hydras are on hold.

My reasoning is that not many buffs have four representative pet families. Sure, there are exceptions. But overall, that's not the case.

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 12055
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Wain » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Re-posting in case anyone is up to heroics and could please check these two things :) I''ll try heroics myself when I can find some gems and enchants for my gear. Not sure if they're available for cheap somewhere.
Wain wrote:I ran Mogu'shan Palace regular today.
As far as I could tell "Gurthan Quilen <Gurthan Scrapper's Minion>" were never tameable or attackable. Could someone please confirm that? Unless maybe they attack on Heroic. They're the ones that are part of Clan Gurthan and just stand around while you fight. Even at the end when it becomes a brawl I found I couldn't target them.
Also, in the side rooms before the final boss there are a collection of jade quilen statues and some mobs. I couldn't convince my group to kill them, but can the statues come to life? Maybe they're just cosmetic. They are classed as beasts though. I could stealth in and become visible in front of them and they didn't attack me, nor could I attack them. I just wonder if there's any chance they might activate when the other mobs are engaged.
Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:10 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: is secretly a pickle
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Jangalian » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Everdeen wrote:I blame my lack of caring about hydras for the fact that I had no idea about that. :P Now to proceed the rant about how it's unfair that some players are allowed their own 'special' pets.

I had all three ghost croc pets, the hydra(lisk), the slime(alisk), and the ghost croc. When they first came out, all three were crocs with fancy skins on. I have since ditched the ghost croc, but the slimalisk has stayed a croc (croc abilities, diet, talent tree), while the hyrdalisk got this...

Image

You see the hyrda icon? Yeah, they're a separate family now. I totally wouldn't mind using them, except a) they won't stop using the idle animation with the hiss sound effect and b) the way they run is regrettable.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.

User avatar
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3264
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 am
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Novikova » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:12 am

... did they really take out the common pink cranes? :(
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16046
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Vephriel » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 am

Novikova wrote:... did they really take out the common pink cranes? :(
Yup, Patrannache will be the unique rare with that skin.

User avatar
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3264
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 am
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Novikova » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:20 am

Bah. That's disappointing. :( I was okay with a common, since his pat route is kinda brutal. Oh well. Guess that's a second rare or so I'm after.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!

User avatar
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 5037
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: England!

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Snowy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Guys, when I said 'now to proceed the rant', I was only kidding. :/

Image
Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)


User avatar
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3264
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 am
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Novikova » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:04 pm

Hydras are sort of a sore subject for some folks, and Blizz's teasing doesn't always help.

Personally, I'll be over here in the sad corner because the common pink cranes got yanked. I think my new plan will be to see which other color I dig most and just try for the rare anyway.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!

User avatar
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:10 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: is secretly a pickle
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Jangalian » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:31 pm

@Everdeen :) Not ranting! I'm just letting you know what the changed were when they went from hydralisk to true hydra.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 12055
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Wain » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 pm

At least the gripe about the pink crane was related to the thread. Hydras are unrelated and it's all been grumbled about before... many, many times ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14062
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Kalliope » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 pm

Wain wrote:At least the gripe about the pink crane was related to the thread. Hydras are unrelated and it's all been grumbled about before... many, many, many, many, many times ;)
FTFY. ;)

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


User avatar
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3264
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 am
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Novikova » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Suppose so! I was excited to see common ones listed, then nothin'. C'est la vie, I can see why they'd like a rare to be unique. I'll have him one day. :D I honestly suspect hydras are low priority just because of the sheer number of other options with the crit roar.

Appreciate the answers, too. I can't wait for my new machine. ><
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!

User avatar
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Posts: 3259
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm
Realm: Aman'Thul
Location: Australia

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by SpiritBinder » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:15 am

Still Off Topic, but I cant wait for hydras to be implemented, and then wait for everyone to complain.

As Jangalian said, the ghost hydras that still remain in game, are still very very noisy. So much that the 1st time I brought it to raid, people where all like, "OMG Wth is that, it's so cool looking!!" to soon be followed with "That pet is so annoying! Does it ever shut up O_o ... please bring something else next time, it's killing us! >.<"

Trust me, you say you want them, but just wait til you experience the joys of 3 cranky heads,screaming at each other, on a continuously looping sound file... :?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­

User avatar
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3822
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:21 pm
Realm: Sargeras US
Gender: Female
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Meggers » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:59 am

(If they ever implement them as a pet, you can bet your ass they'd fix the sounds)
Avatar by LupisDarkmoon
ImageImage

User avatar
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 1602
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US
Gender: The Manliest Man ever
Location: Aincrad
Contact:

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Zangor » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:54 am

Spiritbinder wrote:Still Off Topic, but I cant wait for hydras to be implemented, and then wait for everyone to complain.

As Jangalian said, the ghost hydras that still remain in game, are still very very noisy. So much that the 1st time I brought it to raid, people where all like, "OMG Wth is that, it's so cool looking!!" to soon be followed with "That pet is so annoying! Does it ever shut up O_o ... please bring something else next time, it's killing us! >.<"

Trust me, you say you want them, but just wait til you experience the joys of 3 cranky heads,screaming at each other, on a continuously looping sound file... :?
maybe its just me but i thought that the noisy hydras could be easily fixed just like the stompy core hounds and devilsaurs where. but maybe theres more to it then changing a few lines of code

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 12055
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Pandaria Beast List (Report found beasts here!)

Unread post by Wain » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Tearing the conversation away from hydras for the 5 millionth time. *cough*

Bookworms in the Scrollkeeper's Sanctum are now green caterpillars, not larvae. So probably little chance of getting a tameable larva. They're still not tameable, though, even as caterpillars. I also found Dappled Moths in there, which I thought maybe had been removed. It's been so long since i did this quest last.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

Locked