Worgen Tales (Image Heavy)

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Worgen Tales (Image Heavy)

Unread post by Varethyn »

((Apologies in advance for the big pics; I got carried away with my artistic side :lol:
I also forgot to turn off nameplates, oops, but I cut out as many as I could. And now, enjoy!))

Dear Diary

My name is Lakita Wildsong, proud resident of Gilneas City. I decided to make a journal as I feel today marks the beginning of something special. A dark threat looms in our beloved city and I intend to do something about it. Nocturne, the family mastiff, is waiting at my side. I admit, I've never been fond of mastiffs and Nocturne is kind of bland personality-wise, but I love him. Together we will head to the market place where Prince Liam Greymane himself is issuing orders.

He wants me to evacuate! I want to help cull the threat! What am I supposed to do when the town is under complete lock-down? Regardless, if the prince himself tells me to do something I guess I'd better do it. The prince told me to find Lieutenant Walden, who will direct me during the evacuation. I located the lieutenant, however it doesn't appear we'll be getting far together; Walden's ravaged corpse sports deep claw marks all over his body. I can hear fighting in the marketplace. I'd better hurry.

To my surprise I saw the guards fighting strange wolf-men. Even Liam was fending off attacks from the savage beasts. According to the prince they are known as "Worgen" and were the creation of an insane mage by the name of Arugal. Liam greeted me gratefully and immediately set me to work putting down these creatures and evacuating the nearby homes.

Thankfully there were only a few civilians trapped, whom Nocturne was able to sniff out and lead me to, but two of them had worgen sneak inside their houses! We'd gotten there not a moment too soon.

As Nocturne and I were fighting Gwen Armstead called me over, asking that I retrieve as many supplies as possible before the worgen destroyed it all. I was able to salvage several crates but the fighting is growing futile. Liam just told me to flee with Gwen while he assisted any remaining civilians. I'm reluctant to leave him alone but Nocturne tugged on my leggings and ran off in the direction we were told. Gwen and some survivors were waiting for me near the bridge, shaken but unharmed. The say King Greymane is nearby at that I should speak with him.

I found him deep in conversation with Lord Godfrey. As I approached he acknowledged me, explaining how we needed the help of a traitor to Gilneas. Odd how someone who tried to harm our country would come in useful but I complied. As I turned towards the prison Godfrey asked that I kill more worgen that had infiltrated the building while I was in there. The disdain for the king's decision was clear in the man's voice, but he said nothing more about it.

I had to explain to the captain of the prison guard, Broderick, that I needed to see Crowley. He was also shocked and angry but told me Crowley was on the roof. Possibly plotting against the king, the captain had said. Nocturne and I will soon find out as we battle our way up. We found Darius Crowley and his companions in a bad way. One of them, Dempsey, had been hit particularly hard and the beasts just kept coming.

Darius agreed that political differences should be put aside in favour of the defence of Gilneas and told me of a rebel arsenal he and his companions had been able to smuggle into the city. First though he needed my help fending off the worgen until Dempsey was in a good enough state to be moved.

There seemed to be no end of the creatures, but Nocturne and I, with Darius' help, kept them at bay. Finally Dempsey was patched up and we fled back to Genn Greymane below. The king murmured to himself as he contemplated his old friend-come-traitor's ambitions before sending me to meet someone called Josiah Avery, who was supposedly keeping watch over the artillery in a nearby cellar. Nocturne found the right door and I heaved it open. Avery was cowering in a corner. I tried to talk to him but he transformed into a worgen! He'd managed to get his jaws around my arm before Darius' daughter Lorna rushed in and shot him. The wound stings a little, but should heal over time.

Lorna had two mastiffs at her back and told me to take one to help sniff out worgen that were lurking in the shadows nearby while she and some others began taking the cannons above ground. Nocturne feels put out as I take the leash of the other dog. I'm sure my faithful companion would've been able to sniff them out just as well but Lorna insisted. Lorna's mastiff was a lot more fidgety than Nocturne. I didn't take to her as well as my loyal hound, but she was handy in sniffing out the worgen. Once we dispatched the immediate threat king Greymane informed me that the local apothecary Krennan Aranas had been chased up a tree by the beasts. There was no time to waste so the king gave me his white stallion to ride in order to rescue the priest.

Aranas is in a bad way, the worgen had torn away his robes and he was bloody but had somehow been able to cling to his branch. He landed on the horse as we galloped beneath him and to safety. Any worgen that followed quickly kissed the business end of the cannons. My wound is getting worse, possibly infected. I pray to whatever deities that might be listening that I'm not suffering from the curse myself. Godfrey pointed me in the direction of Greymane Court where I was to regroup with the king, his son and Darius Crowley.

The trio was discussing their limited options and, given the sombre mood, a conclusion had been reached. And not a pleasant one. Crowley told me to ride with him through a tightening throng of worgen, using ourselves and a few torches to lure them to the cathedral where they would be shot en mass with our new artillery.

Bloody but alive we met Tobias Mistmantle, one of Crowley's friends, who told me to operate one of the cannons as yet more of the ferocious beings swarmed us. Where could they all possibly be coming from? With little or even no effect Tobias told me to run inside and discuss matters with Darius. Crowley's final plan is to lure the worgen inside the cathedral and use the narrow doorway as a choke point to pick them off as they came through the door.

We didn't expect how many, and how fast, they came inside. We were able to kill a fair few before they mysteriously left. The sudden silence is as deafening as when the cannons were firing. Crowley's giving me a stra--- <there is a harsh scribble and the sentence trails off. Claw marks are seen at the bottom of the page.>

<The next few pages are blank>

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Worgen Tales (Image Heavy)

Unread post by Azunara »

((Yaaaaay! More people doing pet journals!))
Kamalia
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

Yay, you're doing a pet journal too! :D Looking good so far.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks, couldn't resist! I had to do a touch of re-writing since a lot of it was similar to Kamalia's though :lol:
More soon :)

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

<The handwriting is bolder, as if extra force is being applied while writing>
Dear diary

It turned out I had indeed been infected with the worgen curse. According to Aranas and Godfrey I had transformed inside the cathedral and attacked before fleeing to the woods. I was found and trapped, and would have been killed had it not been for Nocturne's fierce loyalty and sensitive nose. So I had been held in the stocks, with other worgen, while the apothecary applied various salves, ointments and potions in attempt to save my sanity. Even now I am at risk of reverting to my feral state.

It had been king Greymane who'd given me the final dosage I'd needed to pull through. Or perhaps it had been the company of Nocturne at my heels reminding me of my humanity. Either way Godfrey had seemed disappointed that I'd survived and told me to tell Krennan the good news. I'll be blunt, I despise the way he now talks to me and refers to worgen as “my kind”. The distrust is painfully obvious.
Krennan Aranas was waiting for me with Gwen, who was apparently, or had just become, mayor of Duskhaven, the town we were now in. Both were pleased to see me but Gwen spilt the beans that the Curse cannot be cured. Aranas confirmed this but further dosages of his remedy will keep me sane. Permanent medication, just what I need. Ingredients for the remedy were in short supply however so the apothecary asked me to collect a crate of mandrake root from a nearby stash.

The crate had been smashed and the watchman killed; a dagger in his back. Scanning the area I'd picked out a pair of foreboding ships on the shore.

Thank goodness for Nocturne! Even with my enhanced senses I'd been too distracted by the ships to notice the assassin creep up behind us. I have to tell Gwen about this.

Apparently there had been massive earthquakes recently, in fact one hit as we were talking. The quakes had destroyed the coral reef that protected Gilneas by water-bound invasions and the “Forsaken” as Gwen called them are now using this to their advantage. For corpses, they sure are smart. Gwen told me to find Liam just outside Duskhaven and assist in keeping the forsaken intruders back. I'm interested by what she meant by “current state”.

Drunk. I'd never thought the prince to be a boozer but sure enough he was taking turns to shoot the undead and take a swig from his bottle. I was able to understand his intentions through the slurs however and prepared to attack the invaders.

Liam had the bright idea to throw the leftover barrels of gunpowder onto the heads of the large creatures called “Abominations”. At first I didn't understand why; he was to busy drinking. But after I applied the first barrel and saw the bullet strike cause the thing to explode I was more than happy to repeat. How he can shoot so well while drunk I'll never know.

Satisfied we'd done a good job the prince returned me to the mayor, who sent me to investigate the storm cellar of the nearby Allen Farmstead. A good idea; it would make good shelter from the forsaken and the quakes.

Well, apart from the occasional bombardment from forsaken catapults Allens Farmstead is a fairly peaceful place. I found Godfrey and several civilians inside, including the owner of the neighbouring farmstead. Godfrey is rightfully concerned about the force the forsaken were commanding and now reckons I can be of use. “Unleash the beast” he told me. Go nuts and kill everything basically. He suggested using the catapults to launch myself onto the ships. As I turned to leave Melinda Hammond from the Hammond farmstead caught me and begged me to find her missing children.

James was easy enough to find, hiding behind the hay-cart next to the farmhouse. He was scared, of me more than anything else, and bawled that he was simply looking for his two sisters. As he ran to the Allens' cellar he told me Ashley might be inside the house.
Forsaken assassins were waiting inside the building! I was worried for the girl but was relieved to find her safe in her room. Despite the chaos Ashley was amazingly pleasant and referred to me as one of the “good worgen”. I couldn't help but smile. As I guided her out to the cellar she asked if I'd seen Cynthia in the stables. Next destination set then.
Cynthia was understandably scared, forsaken were crawling amongst the cornrows and catapult shots landed dangerously close. The girl took one look at me and fled for the Allens farmstead crying for her mother. It will take a lot of getting used to people fearing me, especially the children.
But now's not the time, I have forsaken to slaughter! Using the catapults to reach the ships Nocturne and I managed to slay the captains. It had taken some coaxing to convince the dog to climb into the basket with me for some reason, normally he's jump right in if I did.

Once on board the ships I made sure to kill all forsaken that got in our way. When we found the captain below decks, Nocturne got a tad carried away. Dogs and balls eh? Shame he's undead, I would've laughed. Actually, I did.

Free from bombardment I returned to the cellar to report. Melinda thanked me fervently and even Godfrey saluted me. He then informed me of a leader named Thayala in the vicinity. A “Dark Ranger”. Seeing how he gave me a mastiff whistle I have a feeling I know how to end her.

Her red eyes were chilling! But before she spotted me I blew the whistle. That got her attention but too late, a whole pack of attack mastiffs appeared and bit at both her and her bone-horse. The ranger went down easily enough under the mass force of at least ten dogs, plus Nocturne and my bow shots. Nocturne took a huge blow before she went down. For a moment he lay still on the ground and I'd feared the worst. Thankfully he righted himself, but is limping badly. I half-carried him down into the storm cellar; he's one heavy canine. I told him to stay with Godfrey in the cellar but Nocturne refused and sat at my feet. He won't leave my side despite the pain. Stubborn mutt.

As I reported Thayala's demise a massive earthquake hit. Everyone in the cellar is on edge. I ran outside and –to my horror- found that the ocean had come agonizingly close to swallowing the Allens farmstead. Hammond farmstead didn't fare so well: it was as if the earth had simply given way and the water rushed in place. At least the ships were sunk I suppose. Liam greeted me at the bank and explained the situation: half of the city watch had been dragged into the wet. The prince beseeched me to dive in and rescue as many as I was able.

I must've saved a good half-dozen or so from drowning and several others managed to struggle out on their own. Liam thanked me for the contribution but relented into admitting we needed to evacuate immediately. Quakes still rumble and the land hasn't quite settled. Back to Duskhaven to inform Gwen.

Evacuation was already in progress when we reached the town but several people were unaccounted for. There is still time before we must leave for certain and Gwen told me to get some rest. I don't really need it but I worry for Nocturne. I shall take a break, for his sake. Until next time.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

((Hm, not many comments. Am I doing it wrong? D:))

Dear Diary

Satisfied Nocturne had rested well, and having bandaged his leg much to his displeasure, we headed to Crowley Orchard. Partly because I was concerned for Lorna; I hadn't realised Darius had died during the attack in the cathedral. By the light I hope I wasn't the one who killed him. I digress. Lorna was surprised to see me sane at first but jumped straight in. We need transport for our escape and what better than fine Crowley horses. The snag? They're scattered across the fields and an angry ettin now storms the place like he owns it.

By the Light he's ugly! And huge. I'd better be careful when rounding up the horses. I waited at one end of the orchard while the ettin lumbered off in the opposite direction, then grabbed the nearest horse. Lorna had given me a few lengths of rope too, which I used to lasso more.

Task complete, its off to find Grandma Wahl. Wahl Cottage is actually quite a cosy place. Minus the blasted forsaken lurkers of course. Gwen had warned me that convincing grandma Wahl to come with me would take time so I braced myself. She wants her book first. Fair enough. I'll just grab that and we'll be on our way.
Apart from being attacked by the forsaken that was a simple enough task. I have no clue why she'd be so keen to keep such a disgusting romance novel. However Wahl still didn't join me. Now she wants her “good clothes” from the washing line. Am I her maid now? What will it take to make her leave? Her so-called “good clothes” look exactly the same as the ones she's wearing! Just what kind of game does she think she's playing here?! And, as I suspected, she still won't leave until I find her cat, Chance. Okay, as a hunter I can kind of understand why she wouldn't leave without her pet, but the situation is getting desperate. Better find that cat...

Chance was right where Wahl said he'd be. As I went to scoop him up I was ambushed by another forsaken scout who then decided the cat would make a good hostage. Good grief. The biggest surprise was seeing Wahl dash out of her cottage and assault the undead man with a rolling pin. But not before transforming into a worgen herself! I had no idea. At least now she'll leave for Duskhaven. Only one more place to assist.

((I lost all my screens for the fishery >_>;))
As I approached the Hayward Fishery it was clear they weren't having much luck either, with one brother holding off a large group of undead while the other repaired something on the deck of a boat.
As I investigated it turned out the Haywards' boats had been damaged in the recent quake. I was asked to gather some spare wood and tar, as well as the tools left inside the house. Did I mention we were being swamped by the forsaken? The place was crawling with them. Good thing the brothers could fight.
With the boats patched and the way clear the Haywards told me they'd make their escape by sea, so Nocturne and I returned to Gwen to deliver the report. She told me the evacuation was in full swing and that I should move too. I'm relieved she intends to save the few feral worgen still in the pens too. Gwen is sending me to Greymane Manor to meet Genn's wife Mia to inform her of the situation.

The black stallion was swift, and I'm grateful. Powerful as I am now my paws are killing me. In honesty I'm still getting used to the feel of the wolf body. Dashing up the hill to the Manor I explained to Mia what was happening, but she sent me upstairs to find her husband in the observatory. Fair enough, up we go.

No sooner had we reached the top did another quake strike. A much more powerful one this time which almost knocked me off the side of the tower. It would be awful, and embarrassing, to have had to run all the way back up again. Just how many steps does this place need?! I digress. Because of the quake Genn beckoned me to look through his telescope and survey the damage.
Looks like we evacuated Duskhaven just in time; the place is now completely flooded! I also spied yet more Forsaken ships headed our way. The king reluctantly stated that we must move further inland or face a sodden fate. I'm weary now so I'll ride tomorrow. Urgent as the situation is I feel ready to collapse. Not a lot of help from me there. Write again soon.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

((Yay! More! You really do have an eye for taking these screenies. I love the shot up there when you're first turned into a worgen. You look so upset with the world, so dejected. XD))
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks! I did have another shot with her eyes closed which I felt added to that, but when I asked for opinions from my brothers they said "Eyes open looks better" /shrug.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

((Double post, but I couldn't wait!))

Dear Diary

Nocturne and I ran all the way back downstairs to the stables to commandeer a carriage. I'm actually quite grateful for the ride: I'm sure Nocturne's in pain despite last night's rest.

Our exodus was cut short when we encountered Prince Liam's own carriage upturned at the side of the road. Liam himself is fine -and I must say its a relief to see him sober and dressed again- but a second carriage had been knocked into the nearby marsh. I have to help before the crocolisks get them. Luckily most of the survivors had equipped themselves with sticks and shovels and did a remarkably good job of staying alive. Though a couple of crocs seemed a tad fatter than the others...

Returning to Liam rewarded me with a hare-brained plan. The Forsaken are closing in on us and the prince feels the only way to get some distance between us is to get the local ettin, Koroth, involved. Liam told me to kill some of the ettin's ogre minions and steal his prized tiger-skin banner. I left an ogre massacre behind. Ever since the change I've become more and more bloodthirsty I realise. Regardless, it did the job. I was rather reckless in stealing the banner however as Koroth was home. To escape I ended up hurling myself off the cliff. Don't worry, I'm not that badly hurt.

Ah, so his plan was to trick the Forsaken into taking Koroth's banner and thus invoking his wrath! Genius! Once the ettin was upon them the undead fell easily. Liam told me to make haste to the village of Stormglen to the south and regroup with Gwen. Stormglen isn't the most cosy of places. In fact they have a spider infestation. Of course that meant my first task on arrival was to kill off the pests.

While killing the arachnids Nocturne picked out some papers laying about, half-sodden by the rain that began just moments ago. Skimming them quickly revealed them to be journal pages. Lorna was interested to learn the adventurer's tale as it occurred just after the Curse began.

We managed to piece the journal back together but Lorna needs time to mull it over. I'll report the progress with the spiders in the meantime. I should have expected a queen somewhere around, it would explain why my efforts were in vain. I think our next target is clear.

By the Light that was a big spider, but Nocturne and I made short work of her. Lorna also worked out that Bradshaw, the owner of the journal, explains that there were survivors of the Curse in Stormglen who fled to the mountains but he'd gone to investigate the sudden halt in the spread. Lorna told me to check out the last place he could've been; a mill.
At the mill we encountered a strange creature. At first I though her human but she has purple skin and hair, and absurdly long, tapering ears. She called herself a “Night Elf” and seems more than aware of the Curse. However I apparently have been tracked by the Forsaken and Belysra, as was the elf's name, will not tell me more until I kill the ranger following me. As the elf predicted headed north revealed the scout.

We broke out of her trap and fought, but Nocturne took a massive hit. I'm convinced now that he is no longer in any state to remain at my side until he heals. I told Belysra that I killed the scout but rushed Nocturne back to Stormglen before asking more. Silly dog, still insists on coming with me. I told him I'd visit often, but for now I must continue alone.
Belysra pointed me in the direction of “Tal'doren” where I would learn more. As I headed north as directed I felt eyes upon me. A snuffling sound at my side drew my attention to a lone vixen. She was beautiful, but the stare she gave me told me she was starving. I offered her food, which she accepted. As I moved off she followed, even when I tried to shoo her away. Eventually I gave in. Besides, it would be good to have a new companion during my journey. I noticed she yips melodically and I found myself humming a tune. So Tune is what I've named her.

Tal'doren, as it turned out, was a giant, hollow tree rather than the village I'd imagined. Inside was filled both with worgen and night elves. I feel welcome here. I also caught up with an old friend; the large white worgen here is none other than Darius Crowley!

Crowley taught me that the night elves were fully aware of the Curse and how to treat it. Everyone here has their free will restored without the need of Aranas' foul concoctions. Crowley also told me how they were in possession of an item capable of spreading the Curse uncontrollably, and that the forsaken were interested in. That explained the ghosts from earlier. As expected I've been asked to clear out some of these banshees. As I left a night elf asked me to collect some moonleaf; a plant that grew around the tree. Tune helped me pick them out from the rest of the foliage.

Tune is not at all happy with how her territory is now overrun with undead. Understandably she wants them out and attacks viciously, but with musical yips and yowls.

The banshees' numbers thinned and the leaves gathered, it was revealed I had one more important quest to finish; the item Crowley mentioned is in fact the fabled Scythe of Elune! Its whereabouts have been discovered. I must make haste to recover it. The house where the Scythe was being kept was heavily guarded, but blowing a horn Darius had given me summoned Tobias Mistmantle, now in worgen flavour, and several trackers. Together they distracted the dark rangers long enough for me to sneak in and grab the Scythe.

Back at Tal'doren my ceremony was ready. Drinking the water from three wells somehow purified me. Indeed, I feel a sort of freedom now, knowing I'm capable of returning to my human form. Before I could try it out again however, Lorna, Godfrey and King Greymane appeared. To my, and Godfrey's, surprise Greymane had also been afflicted by the Curse. Beast or not though, I'm glad he and Crowley are back on good terms.

Crowley asked me to return to Stormglen and announce that the way forward is now clear and that they should move as soon as possible. On the way I experimented reverting to my human self. Tune was startled; she was used to her wolfish companion, not some pink-skinned thing. I soon soothed her by singing with her though, so we're still friends. I do feel odd being human again. Weak even. There's something amazing about being a wolf-person which I enjoy. I might just find myself using that form a bit more often than I'd first intended.

Back in Stormglen told me that Genn had come earlier and told her the plan. She said it sounded crazy but she'd go ahead with it anyway. It was then that I noticed Tune had wrapped herself around my legs with her head down. I suppose she's too used to worgen. I hope to get her comfortable around humans soon enough.

Gwen told me to meet up with King Greymane at Tempest's Reach, where Godfrey claimed survivors had fled. Krennan Aranas went too and is waiting for me at the bridge. Tune was glad to get out of the inn as we ran cross-country to our destination.
Godfrey tricked Greymane! According to Aranas there are no survivors here, only the local lords. Godfrey thinks he can win over the forsaken by turning our king over to them! The apothecary has given me a potion that renders me invisible in order to sneak in and murder the other lords. Tune has to stay behind however as the potion doesn't affect her.

With both Ashbury and Walden taken care of I swiftly located Greymane, Godfrey and one other lord, Hewell. The potion wore off as I approached but thankfully Hewell is on our side.

Having learnt that his plan failed Godfrey threw himself off the cliff, yelling that he'd sooner die than have one of our kind as a king. Good riddance if you ask me. Greymane instructed me to take one of Hewell's horses to a mining town and liberate it from the hands of the forsaken in preparation for the final assault.

Survivors of the Curse had gathered just outside the town, along with Lorna Crowley. Lorna informed me of the situation and asked that I free those that are being forced to work for the forsaken. A man begged me to end the taskmaster while I'm down there. First though another woman pleaded that I gather meat from local stags to ease the survivors' hunger.

Tune easily tracked down the deer and very quickly we had enough meat for everyone at the camp, plus some for ourselves. One of them even gave me a hat. I honestly don't know if I like it or not but took it anyway... Is this me?

Well fed, its time for a quick kip. As soon as I wake up I'm off to free the slaves. Until then.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Nicely written; I look forward to more of your adventures. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

ooooooh ive seen a few of these but i kept trailing off :lol: im pretty stuck on this though, i luuuv it <3

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Wow, thanks! Next part coming soon :)

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Very much enjoyed that. Well done. :)
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Dear diary

Its time to work our way through the mines. Even from the start the sight made me sick; men and women alike chained and filthy, forced to mine. I can find no way to pick the locks on their chains; they barely even acknowledge my attempts. Perhaps the slavedrivers wondering around have keys.

Sure enough they did, though we had to kill a fair few before we got enough keys to release all the slaves. Deep in the bowels of the cave we stumbled across the taskmaster: another abomination by the name of Brothogg.

Slaves free and the only thing Brothogg mastering is death we returned to the surface to report, both of us shaking like dogs to get the dust off. Really, I don't mind comparing myself to a dog anymore. Just don't use the b-word. Next we need to take care of the remaining slavedrivers and their leaders.

Given Lorna's words I'd expected an easy fight. Instead the place had been crawling with forsaken and for a while I'd wondered how on earth I could tell one from another. Then I decided that the one in snazzy armour and the other in the mad scientist get-up were our targets. Lorna thanked me when we returned. Now is the time to retake Gilneas city! Liam is waiting for me across the bridge, I'd better move.

What a rush! Around every corner more forsaken awaited us, but nothing could stand in the way of the vengeful Gilneans! This city is ours! Not even the behemoth that assailed us would keep us back for long. We even cornered Lady Sylvanas Windrunner, queen of the forsaken, herself.

<there is a large gap with tear stains on most of the page>
She tricked us! Forcing us in close then knocking us away with a powerful spell that left us immobilized. Genn was vulnerable and the only one able to do anything was Liam.
Gilneas has lost her favourite son. Liam is dead.

<the next page is blank>

((Continued next post))

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

((Continued))

Sorry diary

I needed a moment to collect myself. I've never experienced such an emotional event as this. Liam will be avenged but sitting around crying will do nothing. Crowley is hunting Sylvanas and I'm to accompany Tobias.

He's certainly got his worgen skills perfected; several times I had to sprint to keep up with his lope. We encountered a group of forsaken preparing for the next phase of their plan. One mentioned that orcs would be meeting Sylvanas inside the cathedral. Tobias led us inside quickly and we hid in the wells on either side of the hall to listen.

It seems the undead aren't on great terms with the greenskins given the sarcasm in both voices. Whatever this “plague” is even the orcs consider it going too far but the forsaken are carrying it out anyway. Lorna and the others must be warned at once. Tobias ran on ahead to meet up with Crowley. With trackers searching Gilneas for this “plague” I need to get through to Genn for his word. Only the king knows what to do best with his kingdom.

Genn is still in mourning, as expected, and had difficulty deciding what to do. Eventually he decided we should honour Liam's memory first by saving the people. I am to take a bat that was captured during the battle to distract the forsaken while the civilians retreat via an underground passage.

The diversion was a success and now its time for me to go through too. Armed with a torch I need to wade through a stream of giant rats, spiders and maggots and meet Krennan Aranas on the other side. Wolf or not, the sight of those things still give me the creeps.

Thoroughly bitten, webbed and slimed Tune and I made it to the other side. Of course nothing's simple: in the escape many graves were disturbed and now spirits haunt the place. Apparently its fallen to me to put them to rest. Returning displaced mementos should do the trick.

By placing the unearthed mementos and burying Liam nearby the tomb of Gilneas' patriarch Alderich we were granted forgiveness from our ancestors. With everything at peace its time to meet up with Crowley. We found him at the harbor amongst a throng of night elves. According to Crowley orcs were also attacking now. I've been ordered to take a night elven glaive thrower and decimate their numbers.

An impressive piece of work, I must say. Orcs and their wolfish mounts and even their siege machines were sliced and diced with ease. It wasn't until I'd had a thorough clean-up of the grounds that I headed back to the harbor. I had way too much fun.
Once Crowley had applauded my efforts his daughter called me over. She and Tobias were stood next to a group of impressive-looking creatures. Lorna introduced me; they're called hippogryphs and I'm to ride one of these beauties up to an orcish gunship that is descending upon us and sabotage it.

Another immense rush. The hippogryph carried me gracefully to the gunship. Somehow I'd persuaded Tune to join me. Hugging her close we disembarked onto the rafters of the ship.

Having dispatched the greenskins here we jumped onto the main deck. The orcs sure were surprised to see us; the plan worked smoothly. After a brief battle we made our way to the engine room where Lorna placed some salvaged explosives, but as we were about to make good our escape a giant orc attacked!

A close call, the bomb was seconds away from exploding when we finally killed the brute. We barely had time to take control of the wyverns aboard the ship to flee. What a sight the fireball was as we distanced ourselves from the ship!

Gilneas has been avenged but the war is not yet over. But I will no longer have a part in retaking it; that will be down to our soldiers both man and wolf. As for me and the other survivors it is time to head for safety, namely the night elven homeland of Tedrassil: a gigantic tree growing in the middle of the ocean. There I was directed to the “Howling Oak”: a near-replica of Tal'doran and even grown from a Gilnean seed. It is a great comfort. But as we were settling in the leaders of the elves -Tyrande Whisperwind and Malfurion Stormrage were their names- approached Genn.

Our repayment has started sooner than I'd dared hope. It is now my task to visit many areas of the wide Azeroth and clense them of the turmoil Deathwing wrought. I'm no medium but I forsee many adventures in my future. For now though I am exhausted. Good night diary, tomorrow I set out to explore pastures new.

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Tune is the best! I love foxes!! Especially that color :)

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Yaaaay! I like how matter-of-fact Lakita is. "Oh, Forsaken? Whatever. Orcs? Pfft. Bring 'em."
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Laki was rather sarcastic when she was human anyway. Turning into a worgen made her bloodthirsty. Throw in her devotion to her country which is currently under attack and you get this. :twisted:
...Actually she's fairly laid back, sarcastic and enjoys a good fight. Forsaken have been the bane of Gilneas since she was saved so naturally they need to be dealt with. And orcs are their allies so same thing.
She has her sensitive moments too of course.

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Squeee another great addition to the diary <3 cant wait to see your next adventure now that your in the open world :D

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

:D Looking forward to Lakita's next adventure.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]