Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Message
Author
User avatar
cowmuflage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 11910
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#41 Unread post by cowmuflage » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 am

Wain wrote:I only just noticed my favourite part of the Horde mount... the fake tail made out of a chain :D
That is indeed a cool chain tail.

User avatar
Myzou
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#42 Unread post by Myzou » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 am

More baby celestials!

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... GodPet.jpg

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... GodCub.jpg

Now all we need is a Niuzao for this patch to add a baby of each of them.

Pets? Or perhaps something killed the celestials and they were reborn? Lol.

Also, MMO-Champion's forum users datamined the fact all of the Klaxxi Paragon names are listed in the Siege of Orgrimmar icons.

Suggesting that since he has Y'shaarj's power, it's quite possible they sided with Garrosh.
Last edited by Myzou on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3200
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#43 Unread post by Slickrock » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 am

So, no one is concerned about Silencing Shot being MM only now?

So, BM is basically screwed for soloing?
Account has been closed at user's request.

User avatar
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Posts: 3255
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm
Realm: Aman'Thul
Location: Australia

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#44 Unread post by SpiritBinder » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 am

Kalliope wrote:Is that Tyrande's cat? The one people have been asking about?

It does look like it's based on that design dosn't it.. I've seen an illustration pretty similar but cant seem to find it now.

Image

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­

User avatar
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Posts: 3255
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm
Realm: Aman'Thul
Location: Australia

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#45 Unread post by SpiritBinder » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:40 am

Slickrock wrote:So, no one is concerned about Silencing Shot being MM only now?

So, BM is basically screwed for soloing?
There is, people seem to be discussing it over here ----> http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 0&start=60

Image

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­

User avatar
Myzou
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#46 Unread post by Myzou » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:42 am

I just realized the Crazy Cat Lady achievement lists Aspect of Xuen.

That means... the baby celestial models are most likely battle pets. o_o

User avatar
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2805
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#47 Unread post by Nachtwulf » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:44 am

Man, they're really going out of their way to neuter hunters this expac aren't they.

Nerfing Stampede, buffing the most boring/universal skills in a vague attempt to make up for it, taking Silencing Shot away and giving it to the least-used spec, nerfing the BM 69 skill until it might as well be just for a bit of color instead of actually a potent ability like EVERY OTHER CLASS/SPEC'S 69 SKILL...

and what else? Locks get some more buffs. Looks like I might as well just give up on Greenbriar this time around and work on my lock.

Oh, and paladins get a fear now (if they talent for it). Can't wait to hear the QQ on that one.

Also, I WANT the Crazy Cat achievement, but it requires the spectral cub... which I can't, and am unlikely to be able to afford any time in the near future. This annoys me because I don't feel that being obliged to spend real money for a pet cheevo (that isn't a feat of strength or something) is appropriate.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket


User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14062
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#48 Unread post by Kalliope » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:44 am

Ash'alah, that was the name - I bet that's who that kitty is. :)

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


User avatar
Myzou
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#49 Unread post by Myzou » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:45 am

Nachtwulf wrote:Man, they're really going out of their way to neuter hunters this expac aren't they.

Nerfing Stampede, buffing the most boring/universal skills in a vague attempt to make up for it, taking Silencing Shot away and giving it to the least-used spec, nerfing the BM 69 skill until it might as well be just for a bit of color instead of actually a potent ability like EVERY OTHER CLASS/SPEC'S 69 SKILL...

and what else? Locks get some more buffs. Looks like I might as well just give up on Greenbriar this time around and work on my lock.

Oh, and paladins get a fear now (if they talent for it). Can't wait to hear the QQ on that one.

Also, I WANT the Crazy Cat achievement, but it requires the spectral cub... which I can't, and am unlikely to be able to afford any time in the near future. This annoys me because I don't feel that being obliged to spend real money for a pet cheevo (that isn't a feat of strength or something) is appropriate.
You only need 20 of the 24 listed. 3 are TCG (The Spectral Kitties and the Nightsaber Cub) and 1 is Blizzard Store (Cinder Kitten). You can get the achievement without any of them. I have 20/24 of those on live now. I have the Cinder Kitten though. The Aspect of Xuen is the 20th for people without any of those 4.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11697
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#50 Unread post by Wain » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:48 am

Myzou wrote:I just realized the Crazy Cat Lady achievement lists Aspect of Xuen.
That means... the baby celestial models are most likely battle pets. o_o
Yeah :) The patch notes say:
A new scenario: The Celestial Tournament. Its achievement is listed under Pet Battles.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Myzou
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#51 Unread post by Myzou » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:48 am

Weird. A pet battle scenario?

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11697
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#52 Unread post by Wain » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:51 am

Yeah, maybe it's in early stages and isn't properly flagged yet? Or maybe it's a scenario in the sense of the "loot" scenario, i.e. just a solo instance to place the pet battles in. Still seems odd, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11697
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#53 Unread post by Wain » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:53 am

cowmuflage wrote:That's a cool scorpid tank thing.
It does look awesome. Maybe it'll be part of the Siege, but it also looks insane enough to be a new Brawler's boss.

My only criticism of the model is that it should have only one red eye... and it should slide back and forth ;)

Image
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Myzou
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#54 Unread post by Myzou » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:54 am

It makes me think of Deathwing.

User avatar
cowmuflage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 11910
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#55 Unread post by cowmuflage » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:59 am

Wain wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:That's a cool scorpid tank thing.
It does look awesome. Maybe it'll be part of the Siege, but it also looks insane enough to be a new Brawler's boss.

My only criticism of the model is that it should have only one red eye... and it should slide back and forth ;)

Image

Cylon scropids? That would be awesome.

Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 pm
Realm: malfurion

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#56 Unread post by Chaix » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:02 am

I will only accept a red mono-eye for the scorpid tank if they paint it red and/or have it be driven by an orc wearing a mask

User avatar
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:59 am
Realm: several...

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#57 Unread post by Funk » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 am

Myzou wrote:More baby celestials!

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... GodPet.jpg

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... GodCub.jpg

Now all we need is a Niuzao for this patch to add a baby of each of them.

Pets? Or perhaps something killed the celestials and they were reborn? Lol.

Also, MMO-Champion's forum users datamined the fact all of the Klaxxi Paragon names are listed in the Siege of Orgrimmar icons.

Suggesting that since he has Y'shaarj's power, it's quite possible they sided with Garrosh.

No Klaxxi nooooo.... well, I kinda figured I'd have to fight them eventually but not this soon :c

But now that you bring it up, it does make sense that they'd side with Garrosh if it means bringing back Y'shaarj or something.

Also dem pets are cute.
funk#1402


User avatar
Myzou
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#58 Unread post by Myzou » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:33 am

Looks like people REALLY jumped the gun.

The official PTR patch notes that just went up are lacking a severe amount of the datamined changes. Damage changes, I mean. :P

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3200
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#59 Unread post by Slickrock » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:43 am

I want to see the Skyclaw model....
Account has been closed at user's request.

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3200
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

#60 Unread post by Slickrock » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:46 am

SpiritBinder wrote:These seem to be the icons for the new hunter raid gear also... it's looking pretty "High Tech" ....

Helm
Image

Shouders
Image

Chest
Image

Hands
Image

Legs
Image

Don't tease me that there might be a current hunter tier that I might actually wear...
Account has been closed at user's request.

Locked