New Beasts?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: New Beasts?

Unread post by ashdawn »

O_O That is PERFECT match for my raven lord, WANT NOWZ
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

This is personal preference, and speculation:

Storm Crow 'Mount' that was mentioned before, also can fit the species of Storm Crow that the Druids use, making it very possible for a tamable pet version of the NPC to come about. (However, it should be it's own pet family, reason being, it wouldn't really work in the Bird of Prey section.)
Here's why I think this:
Storm Crows are beasts, and often tamable by hunters, the Daggercap Hawks (if you don't remember the Daggercap Hawks: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=24172) were first released in WOLTK, and it was a HUGE step for hunters, being able to tame a Storm Crow with the Night Elf Druid appearance. Daggercap Hawks shared the SAME exact set of animations that Druids did in Flight Form unlike their Level 68 Counterpart (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=23945) where the Fjord Crow takes on the more average Bird of Prey animations but share the same model.
The Storm Crow, that shows previously, looks like it would have electrical pulses (similar to Skoll), and because he is a more lightning-based Spirit Beast, why not? Just make the scale of the model smaller and let us hunters tame the beast, however, make it have some form of difficulty to get, so that way it is rewarding to have a storm crow like that. (Despite my hunters gear, I would gear him out just to tame that Storm Crow and raid with it.)
I can for see a Storm Crow being a Spirit Beast, it makes a lot more sense to me than a Spirit Beast Porcupine (my opinion). And I would much rather see a Storm Crow in the game.
I'd honestly, like to see a Storm Crow (of that model) get it's own Pet Family, but if not, it would fit very well in the Spirit Beast tree here's why:

If the Storm Crow is summoned during the Dark Shaman fight, or part of the pre-trash Shamans to the Dark Shaman encounter, then it would make a lot of sense for them to be Spirit Beasts, as wowwiki states: Spirit beasts are the embodied spirits of the natural world. They are naturally incorporeal, but may take a true physical form to fight for the druid or shaman who called them. Fighting a spirit beast is harrowing, as the creature phases in and out of existence, rarely appearing in the same place twice during battle. Spirit beasts appear like regular animals, but bear glowing auras and are slightly translucent, even when visible.

Now some may argue: "Well the Storm Crow maybe under the control of the Druid/Shaman who summoned them."

Here's my counter-argument: The Grimtotem Spirit Guide. That's right, I am going way back to the 'ye-ole days'.
Notice how the Grimtotem Spirit-Shifter would summon the Spirit Guide, and they were tameable. (Their tame-ability was removed on 1/14/2008 - Reason: "Undead appearance did not fit with the Hunter class."), BUT with the introduction of Spirit Beasts in Wrath of the Lich King, completely erases that argument. PLUS, the Spirit-Shifter (who was indeed a Shaman) had to summon the Spirit Guide.

Others will also say: "Well if the Shaman/Druid has direct control of the Storm Crow, then what?"

I find that difficult to believe, because if they are Spirit Beasts, then they are only embodied Spirits in a Physical Form, allowing them to fight. Here's what this means:
The Shaman/Druid is only calling the spirit, who is taking on a physical form. In other words: They have only control of the Spirit, if the Shaman/Druid dies while the Spirit is summoned, it terminates the control, allowing tame-ability, and only a Hunter can truly control a Spirit Beast directly. Where as a Shaman/Druid can only control them indirectly. Do you guys remember Har'koa in Zul'Drak that we needed to help her, but she was chained by Shamans. Har'koa is indeed a Spirit Beast, and ALL of the beasts you help, are Spirit Beasts (technically speaking). And at all the Altars they are located at (aside from Sseratus, the Serpent Spirit Beast, and Quetz'lun, the Eternal Serpent Spirit Beast, both in which are dead.) they are all chained by Shamans? The Shaman has control over the Physical Form, but not much control, and once we free them (more specifically Akali, the Rhino Spirit Beast), they go on a killing rampage of their subduers and they become friendly with us, as we progress down the quest chain to kill the Zul'Drak troll leaders.

In conclusion, here's how I can see this Potential Spirit Beast being added into the game:
Before the Dark Shaman encounter, there are 10-15 Elite Subduers that you must kill, and then a Mini-Boss being summoned, ordering the Storm Crow to attack the raid, and you make a choice, allowing the Hunter to tame the Storm Crow but defeating the Mini-Boss first, or killing the Storm Crow and the Mini-Boss.
OR:
Make it a Solo-Scenario, similar to the Kanrethad encounter, where you have a set amount of mechanics that you need to follow, and after you deal a certain amount of damage to the boss, he/she summons a Storm Crow, in which you tame, but it only lasts 10 minutes. You finish the encounter and your reward is a Storm Crow pet (of that model).

Edit:
Suggestion Forum has been posted on Battle.net, support it in hopes for a new Storm Crow pet! Maybe the argument we have constructed here today is enough to compel Blizzard to do this for us!

Forum Post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9485038536#1

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Dat crow... Me gusta.

This is already one of my favorite models in the game XD
t's so cool yet so pretty

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!