8.3 PTR General Content

For discussion of the current expansion - pets, mounts, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: 8.3 PTR General Content

Unread post by Bambu » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:29 pm

Theory: The Mechanowolf is blue because Alliance and Cobra is red because Horde.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:33 pm

You could be right with the colour theory. I mean, it’s still just luck that there was a red and a blue unused skin in an appropriate family, but maybe that’s what guided their choices.

Btw, I assume Mechagnomes will be able to tame mechanicals without training it, but I haven’t confirmed that yet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:05 pm

Of course the Horde get fox people and Alliance get another gnome! I was still holding out for Sethrak...

WerebearGuy
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong, Borean Tundra

Unread post by WerebearGuy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:44 pm

At least the Alliance got a good race. Poor Horde got creepy little furry goblins that exist purely on memes and one director's weird interests. Boomer Mechagnomes get awesome racials, a crazy cool mount, and decent heritage armor, not to mention the extremely lewd sexual innuendos they have with their flirts. On the other hand, Vulpera have only one good racial, the rare drop hyena mount with an ugly canopy, boring heritage armor that looks like quest gear (real shame, could've been neat desert gear instead), and they do that stupid dance from WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY. You can tell they put way more effort into making Mechagnomes fun while they just threw Vulpera together to appease a tiny group. The only flaw with Mechagnomes is that they're not actual Mechagnomes, but manlet and womanlet cyborgs.

Also, I can't get enough of that Mirror Image racial. It's so ridiculously useful on a Hunter or Warrior.

Crawgs are the best hunter pet. Prove me wrong.
Oh wait...you can't!

ImageImageImage
Name the game these characters are from, and I'll be amazed.

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:25 pm

WerebearGuy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:44 pm
At least the Alliance got a good race. Poor Horde got creepy little furry goblins that exist purely on memes and one director's weird interests. Boomer Mechagnomes get awesome racials, a crazy cool mount, and decent heritage armor, not to mention the extremely lewd sexual innuendos they have with their flirts. On the other hand, Vulpera have only one good racial, the rare drop hyena mount with an ugly canopy, boring heritage armor that looks like quest gear (real shame, could've been neat desert gear instead), and they do that stupid dance from WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY. You can tell they put way more effort into making Mechagnomes fun while they just threw Vulpera together to appease a tiny group. The only flaw with Mechagnomes is that they're not actual Mechagnomes, but manlet and womanlet cyborgs.

Also, I can't get enough of that Mirror Image racial. It's so ridiculously useful on a Hunter or Warrior.
Just cause you don't like the vulpera doesn't mean many others, myself included, aren't super hyped for them. I don't care for the mechagnomes but you don't see me going on a rude tirade about how "bad" they are, cause they're not they just aren't my cup of tea.

Namárië
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Azol-Nerub ~ Tårnfalk #2397

Unread post by Namárië » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:46 pm

I like Vulperas too

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:18 am

WerebearGuy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Dang. That's really not very nice :(

Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:53 pm

It's funny because there's more of a consensus that Vulpera are a better race than Mechagnomes other than if we're talking racials (which might be nerfed before they hit live, mind you)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

WerebearGuy
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong, Borean Tundra

Unread post by WerebearGuy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:01 pm

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295582/pat ... a-li-sandy
Three new mounts; a white-brown Cloud Serpent (for those of us that didn't pvp our butts off in the past), blue version of Ji-Kun to match the tameable blue version, and another recolor of the amazing nightsaber remodel. Not so keen on the nightsaber's color, but oh man I want that cloud serpent.

Crawgs are the best hunter pet. Prove me wrong.
Oh wait...you can't!

ImageImageImage
Name the game these characters are from, and I'll be amazed.

Qraljar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:51 pm

Please for the love of God, Blizzard, take this opportunity to add in a Qiraji Battle Tank mount or an Aqir creature based on that model/structure.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

Bowno
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:39 pm

I wish they'd stop using that new Nightsaber model.
Or at least NOT use it when they update the old NE mounts.
It's face is wrong and it really bugs me LOL

Siggy under construction!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:34 am

Bowno wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:39 pm
I wish they'd stop using that new Nightsaber model.
Or at least NOT use it when they update the old NE mounts.
It's face is wrong and it really bugs me LOL
Yeahhh I still see rat. :/

Neiara - 120 BE hunter - Burning Blade (US)

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |