Dragonflight is the perfect time for Tamable DRAGONKIN pets for hunters

Anything you see in here could be spoilers!
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Re: Dragonflight is the perfect time for Tamable DRAGONKIN pets for hunters

Unread post by Bambu »

Okay, what if a dragon tames us and it functions exactly the same as a pet gameplay but in-setting they're bossing us around?

Idk about you all, but I'm DEFINITELY dumb enough to be tamed by a dragon.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tsukina wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:40 am
You mean a "drakeadon" of the blue flight, of the red flight, etc?
Yup! Drakeadon model, but colours that match other flights. We currently just have a chromatic one, which was created as part of Nefarian's experiments to create a chromatic flight. But it's conceivable that colours corresponding to other flights existed in Neltharion/Deathwing's earlier experiments - seeing that they've decided he was already performing experiments on the Dragon Isles even before he became Deathwing.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bambu wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:50 am Okay, what if a dragon tames us and it functions exactly the same as a pet gameplay but in-setting they're bossing us around?

Idk about you all, but I'm DEFINITELY dumb enough to be tamed by a dragon.
:lol:
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:33 pm We've had this debate so many times now that I decided to stay out of it this time. I disagree that regular, sentient drakes should ever be tameable (beastly, or animal-like dragonkin are fine), and I'm afraid that nothing I've read has convinced me otherwise.

What made me decide to post is that I want to say that while I'm not in support of dragons being tameable, I hope we see a revamp of the "drakeadon" model in this expansion, with more colours. The dragon isles would be the perfect place for it. The original appeared in BWL as a chromatic version that was the result of Nefarian's experiments into creating a chromatic dragonflight. The theme of Dragonflight reveals that dragon experimentation was carried out by Nefarian's father, Deathwing, at a much earlier time point and it's perfectly feasible that non-chromatic versions of the drakeadon existed on the Dragon Isles. Cross fingers :)
As I said earlier - I'd be in favor if they make it so we have a quest of some sort where we learn to befriend dragons, not tame them.

Like, gameplay wise, they act as pets, but lore wise, they act like our dragonriding dragon - they're dragon companions who help us as equals.