Last Call Boss Pets!

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Who else?

Oondasta
36%
Galleon
8%
Horridon
19%
Ji-Kun
17%
Garalon
3%
ro'shak
3%
dam'ren
3%
quet'zal
11%

Total votes: 36

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Last Call Boss Pets!

Unread post by Takanuka »

We got Thok the Bloodthirsty, we got a skin of Tortos tho not Tortos himself DX. Who else do we want to see tameable?

Pick one and suggest any specifics if you want a challenge tame or not.

Galleon can just drop his cannons if that is an issue e.e" and Oondasta can be weakened to 25% health before tamed or the rarity of her can be xD.

Garalon's challenge to destroy all four of his legs and then tame him when he is in reach?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Last Call Boss Pets!

Unread post by Quiv »

I'd like to see the models for Oondasta and Galleon tameable, just not the world bosses themselves. They are too heavily camped anyway, and its just asking for trouble. Adding a rare with these models in a MoP zone where it makes sense would be a better option IMO.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

What Quiv said. They are camped for the mounts, and the respawn timers are over 30 mins or so. Whether or not a seperate tamable version of them will be made this late in the Beta is left to be seen.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Voted Horridon, but I would also like to express my support for Oondasta (and others in lesser extent). I have been drooling over those two ever since I saw them during 5.2. But as others have brought up, I fear Oondasta might have too much problems, at least with the boss version.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I need need NEED Ji-kun.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Horridon, Ji-Kun... and hell, those armored Quilen too.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Moonith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore [A] / Zul'jin [H]

Unread post by Moonith »

I'd honestly love to see all the bosses listed in the poll tamable, with exception of Garalon just simply because it doesn't belong to a family we have the ability to tame from yet. This is not saying I wouldn't love to tame Garalon but I feel it should remain untamable until we get a legit family for Kunchongs and then all of them should be fair game instead of trying to shove it into some other current family. Also while I'd love to see Oondasta and Galleon tamable I'd prefer it to be a new mob that's got the same skin and not the actual world bosses as those are just bound to start fights and bickering due to the mounts they drop being so incredibly rare and so many people farming them still. If they did make Oondasta and Horridon tamable it'd also make sense to make the Defiant Devilsaur and Defiant Direhorn on Isle of Thunder targetable and tamable since they are recolors on Oondasta and Horridon from what I can tell.

[ FLIGHT RISING: @Moonith ]
See a hatchling you want? If it's available it'll be on the AH or in my Exalt / For Sale tab of my lair!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Garalon. Rename silithid to Aqir-kin, since silithid, nerubian, and mantid are all descended from aqir, and many (if not all) of the different varieties of each have parallels in one or the other populations. Out of silithid colossi, nerubian spiderlords (cryptlords), and mantids' kunchong, the kunchong are the least sapient (and colossi are already tameable).

I like the challenge idea for him too. Especially if you have to get the tame completed before you get hit by any of his smashes.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

ALL THE ABOVE!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Both Oondasta and Galleon need their spawn timers changed whether they're made tameable or not. Right now, multiple classes can selfishly solo the Pandaria world bosses... and with so many after the mounts, many people are left waiting around all day. Nalak and Sha seem to only be on a 15m timer, so why can't all four?

The mounts are a big enough pain to get as is due to the abysmal drop rate (I've personally killed all four of the bosses well over 100 times on my main, not including bonus rolls, and have yet to see a single one); there's just no need to sit around for hours every day on multiple characters.

This issue would become even worse if hunters could tame them with the current spawn timers.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Zelhashan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Windrunner/Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Zelhashan »

Garalon and Oondasta would be fantastic pets to run around with!
WhyNotCats909
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras

Unread post by WhyNotCats909 »

Dem Quilens.

Dem. Quiiiilens.

Seriously, they're majestic. Who wouldn't want one?
Please don't hug the shiny kitties. The shiny kitties are angry all the time, and I wouldn't want Crazy Red Eyed Kitties to nom your face.