Is this the black+tan bakar?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Is this the black+tan bakar?

Unread post by Cozzene »

In game it looks quite brown, as seen here. I thought it was the brown one, but it doesn't look like that one either. Just looking for confirmation before I decide on a tame, thanks in advance.
Last edited by Cozzene on Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Is this the black+tan bakar?

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Judging from the contrast between the fur on its body and underside, I'd say it's likely the black one. The black bakar is just a dark, less saturated brown, but it has a very contrasting color compared to its bright underside. Alternatively, the brown one isn't that drastic in its contrast. Though, to be fair, your screenshot feels like it's somewhat high in contrast. Where is this specific bakar located?

EDIT: On second viewing, it's definitely a black bakar. Brown bakar has really dark armor on its face and limbs, while the black bakar has lighter armor. The plating on your screenshot is very clearly bright, as it's not harshly contrasting the brown fur. I did some quick photoshop fiddling to try and (hastily) match the contrast and saturation of your screenshot, and it becomes absolutely obvious with a comparison.
contrast-examples.png
contrast-examples.png (815.8 KiB) Viewed 4575 times
Not sure what's up with your screenshot though. That's very contrasted, and it doesn't look like that normally ingame.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Yeah that was why I was confused. Everything else looks completely normal, but that one bakar colour is weird. I really appreciate the extent you went to, to help me out!

I'll mess around with my colour settings a bit, maybe things AREN'T as normal coloured as I think :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Your green vegetation looks strangely olive coloured, so it looks like your colours are shifted towards red and yellow. That's almost certainly why!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

I tried messing with a few colour settings, but nothing changed the colours themselves. Is there some kind of outside program like an nvidia app that could adjust the colours or is that something not allowed?

Also, huge undertaking but if anyone can reproduce this in their game (since we all agree my game colours are weird but the black and tan bakar is normal on websites, I'm guessing it's a game setting and not a monitor setting), let me know how you did it. I'd appreciate that but it's likely a lot of tedious puttering.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Where was the screenshot taken? I'll see if I can replicate the exact scene.

My Flight Rising lair

Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Somewhere very close to /way 60, 69 in the Plains, just west of Forkriver.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Ah, yep. Found the spot. Near exact coords were 61, 74, facing southwest. What are your current settings under Options -> Graphics -> Resample Sharpness, Contrast, Brightness, and Gamma? On a fresh install, you should have 0.2, 50, 50, and 1 in those fields, respectively.

Here's what it looks like with my current settings (no black and tan bakar spawned, and I couldn't 100% replicate the position, but the location seemed right);
Close as I could get.jpg
Close as I could get.jpg (408.07 KiB) Viewed 4376 times

My Flight Rising lair

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

0.2 - 65 - 57 - 1.7 was roughly where I had it, I tinkered with it a little since then.

Here's how it looks at the settings you gave me, much closer to the colour it should be but the rest of the game feels really dark now, lol.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_042023_080851.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042023_080851.jpg (96.73 KiB) Viewed 4375 times
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Looks more green too I think?
WoWScrnShot_042023_081321.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042023_081321.jpg (503.67 KiB) Viewed 4372 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Keep in mind that the black bakar isn't actually black; it's just a dark brown. Ingame lighting will make it look brighter than the model viewer that Wain used for the previews as the model viewer doesn't have the same kind of point lighting (I assume). As for it feeling dark, that's just what default settings tend to look like. I'm just lazy and haven't touched anything up on my end, but at least you've got your colors back to normal! Fiddle with them to find the sweet spot that's right for you.

My Flight Rising lair

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:15 am Keep in mind that the black bakar isn't actually black; it's just a dark brown. Ingame lighting will make it look brighter than the model viewer that Wain used for the previews as the model viewer doesn't have the same kind of point lighting (I assume). As for it feeling dark, that's just what default settings tend to look like. I'm just lazy and haven't touched anything up on my end, but at least you've got your colors back to normal! Fiddle with them to find the sweet spot that's right for you.
Yeah, the bakar looks much, m u c h better! I really thank you for the help you've been tackling this issue (and clarifying the small differences between the model viewer and in game).
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

No problem. Enjoy your dark brown pup!

My Flight Rising lair