Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:38 am I've been made aware of spotless giraffes, of which only two (currently) exist in the world. One currently resides in a zoo in Tennessee, and the other roams wild in Namibia. These giraffes have a brown coloration, look oddly majestic in the wild, almost as if they're on par with a unicorn. I know there are many oddly colored or patterned animals, but it'd be really cool to have a basic spotless giraffe skin.
No we don’t need a basic spotless giraffe skin. We need a new giraffe model. It should include the spotless one
Beviah
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Beviah »

With The War Within right around the corner, and more tuning passes being made to help us expand our stable pool, I'd like to formally suggest Gorm Matriarchs being added to our list as either Carapids or Worms. :D

In short, I know there's a lot of discussion surrounding tamability and how "intelligent" beasts are to make them susceptible to being tamed, but we can tame avian fire gods such as Rukhran or hyper-intelligent dragons such as Nalak. :)

Plus, I think we've moved past a majority of the limitations of beasts being tamable with the introduction of Undead beasts and Dragonkin now we can start expanding a little bit. I think the major concern to Gorm Matriarchs not being tamable was due to G'huun and there being model overlaps, but I feel at this point they're a very reasonable addition to the Hunter stable at this point in time. ;)
Lougaron
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lougaron »

Still hoping for Soul Eaters; Fetid Devourer was an aberration, many of these are actually beasts!
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

As always, I apologize for my English.

I don't know if I should say it but with so many pets in the rodent family, the following could be added:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=50065/armagedillo
Although I would have to shrink a little xd
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Tsukina wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:17 am
Although I would have to shrink a little xd
Definitely a Rodent Of Unusual Size!
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

After they were needlessly robbed of Shalewings during Dragonflight (seriously...some of them are even still called sporebats by name!) sporebats are way overdue something new. They still only have the TBC model, and the hardly different WoD model.

Give love to the sporebats!

Monkeys too....they haven't been touched since the rare with the Fez was added.

Edit as they came to mind: Dragonhawks and Warp stalkers haven't had anything significant since they were added in TBC (just new colors of the existing model. No I'm not counting the armored dragonhawk since it wasn't intended to be tamed). Those things are WAYYYYYYYY overdue some love

Ravagers could use some love too I feel. Been some time since anything was done with them!
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

Could we please please please be allowed to tame the Deepflayers in The Ringing Deeps as part of the Stone Hound family? ^^ Kept summoning them with Dire Beast and was sad to see they're untameable!

ImageImage

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Classic Alliance/ Retail Alliance and Horde

Unread post by AcadiAnne »

If I had one wish, it would be to make mobs unattackable if a Hunter starts a tame before any other players attack it. Players know exactly what’s going on if they come up to a mob in an ice trap with a Hunter waving their arms at it.

It was one thing when there was an active faction war. Now that there are active measures encouraging cross faction cooperation in retail, I feel that time has passed. Now it’s just trolling.

Edit: I’m only suggesting this change on retail. Classic, especially pvp servers, are still very much at war and the danger (and frustration) is part of the game design.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Give us a way to tame Grong The Revenant on the horde and Grong on the alliance

It’s a good concept how the raid worked in BFA, but a lot of hunters are mixed and want one certain look of Grong on their hunters

Either add a new npc similar to how Fenryr works or allow horde and alliance players to queue for the opposite instance with the same feature as mercenary mode for Battlegrounds