Some Random Number Crunching

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Dragon616
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Some Random Number Crunching

Unread post by Dragon616 »

So I was looking around at the new cata info, and saw that they were adding Troll and Dwarf warlocks. I'm all for added more new race/class combos, but I wondered; were does that leave the number situation? So I decided to calculate these things out, hope you guys can make moderate sense out of this:

New Class Combo Important Bits

Horde
Available Orc Classes: Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior Total: 7/10
Available Troll Classes: Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rouge, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior Total: 9/10
Available Tauren Classes: Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Paladin, Priest, Shaman, Warrior Total: 7/10
Available Undead Classes: Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Warlock Warrior Total: 7/10
Available Blood Elf Classes: Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior Total: 8/10
Available Goblin Classes: Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior Total: 8/10

Death Knight Total: 6
Druid Total: 2
Hunter Total: 6
Mage Total: 5
Paladin Total: 2
Priest Total: 5
Rogue Total: 5
Shaman Total: 4
Warlock Total: 5
Warrior Total: 6

Horde Total Race/Class Combos: 46

Alliance
Available Human Classes: Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior Total: 8/10
Available Dwarf Classes: Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior Total: 9/10
Available Gnome Classes: Death Knight, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior Total: 6/10
Available Night Elf Classes: Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Warrior Total: 7/10
Available Draenei Classes: Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Shaman, Warrior Total: 7/10
Available Worgen Classes: Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Warlock, Warrior Total: 7/10

Death Knight Total: 6
Druid Total: 2
Hunter Total: 5
Mage Total: 6
Paladin Total: 3
Priest Total: 6
Rogue Total: 5
Shaman Total: 2
Warlock Total: 4
Warrior Total: 6

Total Alliance Race/Class Combo: 43

Death Knight: Alliance = Horde 6v6
Druid: Alliance = Horde 2v2
Hunter: Alliance < Horde 5v6
Mage: Alliance > Horde 6v5
Paladin: Alliance > Horde 3v2
Priest: Alliance > Horde 6v5
Rogue: Alliance = Horde 5v5
Shaman: Alliance < Horde 2v4
Warlock: Alliance < Horde 4v5
Warrior: Alliance = Horde 6v6

I believe if all my calculations are correct, the Alliance indeed has 3 less Race/Class combos than the Horde! Whats up with that!

So my proposal to fix the problem would have to be Gnome Paladins its not that far from priest to paladins, they just have to strap on some plate, pluse Crusader-Striders would be awesome; Gnome Hunters, Complete with the ability to tame Mechanical Animals, or at least have one to start out with; Worgen Paladins, See Gnome reason; I was also thinking about Undead Paladins, cause if one died as a paladin, wouldn't they keep their holy powers like undead priests do? To fix that extra combo I'd probly want to throw in Draenei Warlocks, lore reasons might be hard to come up with, but maybe a draenei or two got tired of running and wanted to control the thing that was chasing them in the first place. Anyway sorry for the wall of text. Leave an opinion or comment, if I get enough feed back I might post it on the forums... Might be a tad late, but better late then never right?

Let sleeping foxes lie...

And a huge Thank You to Ket Shi for the awesome Avatar and Siggy!

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Some Random Number Crunching

Unread post by Kayb »

The reason we don't have undead paladins is because of the scourge. its curse is powerful enough to block a fair amount of the holy power from reaching a tainted person. this is why we couldn't save that paladin in icecrown. its a similar reason as to why the draeni paladins who devolved into the Broken lost their connection with the light.

that said, i think it would be sweet to find a way around it for the undead, i think having undead pallies would go down quite nicely among the fandom

as for the class combo race balance thing, untimately, when you're talking about those sorts of numbers, i don't think being 3 out is such a big deal. it isn't just about a level playing field, its about what classes would work for what races. gnomes don't strike me as hunter types. they never struck me as warlocks or mages or priests or warriors or any of the current classes either but that was blizz's mistake for putting in a race that was so purely technologically driven.

I'd prefer worgen's have paladins instead of druids. i really don't feel like they should be having druids.

the draeni will never have warlocks, they're completely opposed to dark magics. and honestly, i don't believe the trolls should have been given warlock either. the darkspear have well and truly stepped away from all that, hell dark magic is what lost them the echo isles after all.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Dragon616
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I don't think its just the plague that stopped him from being saved, he was just too far infected with it to be saved, also the proximity to the Frozen Throne itself probly wasn't helping. The forsaken were raised very far away from Northrend, so there could be one or two that still have their powers, even one of the Valkyr Twins in ToC had light powers. Then again that point would make being scourged irrelevant, because they can just use it anyway, undead or not...The only reason gnomes would work for hunters is the same reason they would for humans, they have scouts and marksmen just the same. Draenei could become warlocks, they just choose not to, whether or not they'd turn into Corrupted Eredar I don't know. Its the same for all the races that took up the warlock path, power and control are persuasive things... Really blizzard could do what ever they wanted its their universe, I for one never thought I'd see DarkIron Dwarves in the alliance, but there is your reason for dwarf mages and warlocks.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Blizzard answered the question about Forsaken Paladins and such in a recent Q&A Lore post. It was really interesting:

Q: Can you please explain how "light" works? The lore states that undead are physically incapable of using the light, much like the Broken, but then we have Forsaken players casting healing spells, and Sir Zeliek in Naxxramas using pseudo-paladin abilities.
A: Without spoiling too much, we can tell you that wielding the Light is a matter of having willpower or faith in one's own ability to do it. That's why there are evil paladins (for example, the Scarlet Crusade and Arthas before he took up Frostmourne). For the undead (and Forsaken), this requires such a great deal of willpower that it is exceedingly rare, especially since it is self-destructive. When undead channel the Light, it feels (to them) as if their entire bodies are being consumed in righteous fire. Forsaken healed by the Light (whether the healer is Forsaken or not) are effectively cauterized by the effect: sure, the wound is healed, but the healing effect is cripplingly painful. Thus, Forsaken priests are beings of unwavering willpower; Forsaken (and death knight) tanks suffer nobly when they have priest and paladin healers in the group; and Sir Zeliek REALLY hates himself.
Dragon616
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

So... That means it could happen, but he'd be in constant crippling pain? Maybe someday we'll see lol

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

For some reason I can imagine a guy with a British accent saying that all from the q&a. >_>

Anyway, I don't think class combinations effect the game a whole lot as long as horde and alliance have access to the full 10 classes.
Edit: And the whole reason priests really are allowable for forsaken is because their whole mo is willpower.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

i think in general the forsaken would take more of a shadowpriest role than say holy for example. that blizz post is interesting however. perhaps a group of them get together and decide such terrible pain is a necessary byproduct of wanting to better themselves for the greater good. perhaps in the hopes that it will achieve some sort of redemption for them

Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture Co - Nesingwary

Unread post by Zanidar »

Instead of Draenei Warlocks, how about rogues? I was just playing WC3, and in the final blood elf mission, some Draenei named Akama and his helpers are all rogues. I have also seen Draenei stealth (that one trinket that lets you change race) so they have the animations for it already. Also, instead of Worgen/Gnome paladins, maybe Night Elf/Worgen shamans? Alliance have one more paladin race than horde, but horde have two more shaman races, and Night Elf shaman would make more sense, there is that tauren shaman in EPL who teaches the night elf druid about shamanism, and Night Elves are connected to nature
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

Worgen Paladins would work, I don't know why they aren't in there already TBH. They should have that instead of Druid.

Nelf Shamans? Well, it makes more sense than Nelf Mages, that's for sure.

Draeni Rogues could work, though the male Draeni are a big bunch. The Nelfs and Draeni are pretty darned chummy chum chum, I can totally see the Nelfs teaching them how to be Druids though.

Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zanidar »

Night Elf mages make sense to me, they are mages who came back after being exiled for a long time.

Male Draenei are about as big as male Orcs, and orcs can stealth

I think Worgen have enough classes, I would rather see gnome paladins to get them up to the amount of classes most races seem to be (7/10)

Edit : I don't see why trolls have warlocks, I thought trolls had gone away from that kind of stuff
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Sir Zeliek REALLY hates himself.
:lol:

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

Zanidar wrote:Night Elf mages make sense to me, they are mages who came back after being exiled for a long time.

The arcane wielding Nelfs that left all those years ago evolved into what is known as the Belfs. As I understand it, the Draeni are reteaching the Nelfs the art of the mage. I think there's even been a Draeni mage chick next to Tyrande for quite some time now.

And agreed on the size of the Draeni/Orcs. Just so long as they don't give Rogues to Tauren :P

tramani
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: dragonblight
Location: sholazar basin , i have a little place there called the avalanche

Unread post by tramani »

im so making a troll druid , i be a troll fan mon , and then maybe a goblin lock or pries or mage or something castish
and kayb , there are scourge pallies in icecrown who can cast hand of justice and stuff , just when you get in from the argent stand , so now the lichking fell for a few moments there might be some scourge that got loose and became forsaken like last time => forsaken paladins
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kayb wrote:The arcane wielding Nelfs that left all those years ago evolved into what is known as the Belfs. As I understand it, the Draeni are reteaching the Nelfs the art of the mage. I think there's even been a Draeni mage chick next to Tyrande for quite some time now.
Night Elves are actually one of the oldest races to have mages. They were called Highborn, and, in search of greater power, their leader Azshara tried to open a portal to summon demons. Eventually, the sundering happened, and when the demons were defeated, the night elves turned to druidism and exiled the Highborne. The nelf mages are exiled highborne that are returning from their exile, there' s a quest in Dalaran / Darnassus that points to this, in addition to official information.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Kayb wrote:
Zanidar wrote:Night Elf mages make sense to me, they are mages who came back after being exiled for a long time.

The arcane wielding Nelfs that left all those years ago evolved into what is known as the Belfs. As I understand it, the Draeni are reteaching the Nelfs the art of the mage. I think there's even been a Draeni mage chick next to Tyrande for quite some time now.

And agreed on the size of the Draeni/Orcs. Just so long as they don't give Rogues to Tauren :P
http://www.wowwiki.com/Tauren_rogue

Tauren rogue you say? But they already exist! They're just so good nobody ever sees them...
Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zanidar »

Kayb wrote:

From what I have read, not all Nelf mages turned into Belfs, some stayed in places like Dire Maul (I found my way in there once and found some)

The Draenei Mage lady is just there so Draenei mages dont need to go all the way back to Exodar or go to Stormwind to train
Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Dulanie »

If the NEs are allowing mages to return even after 10s of thousands of years it is possible that some Draenai would also begin to follow the path of the warlock. I doubt Valen would sanction such a thing though as it is too close to the Eredar.
We don't die. We multiply.
Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zanidar »

I am pretty sure that Draenei Warlock = Eredar, and any Eredar in Draenei society would be hunted and killed
Dragon616
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Zanidar wrote:I am pretty sure that Draenei Warlock = Eredar, and any Eredar in Draenei society would be hunted and killed
Thats not quite true, the Man'ari Eredar(I think thats what it was), or corrupted Eredar were consumed by the Fel energies that were offered to them by the Burning Legion, ala Achimonde and Kil'Jaden. A warlock would control these energies, not give them selves over to it(minus demonology warlocks anyway). But I would agree that they would be outcasts and not allowed in other draenei settlements most likely being forced to take refuge in Stormwind or Ironforge.

Broken warlocks and Rogues are documented as well. http://www.wowwiki.com/Broken Honestly I wonder if it would be possible to have a racial dimorphism among the classes, like the broken among the Draenei, Fel Orcs among orcs, and Forest Trolls (Revantusk Village Anyone?) among Jungles on the horde. Cool but I don't know if it would be possible. Also I do believe there was an Ogre Rogue at some point in time, so even hoofed races could be rogues if an ogre can. http://www.wowwiki.com/Dagg%27um_Ty%27gor

On a side note, I'll probly do more research and come up with a few more combos possibly with reasonable lore and reasons to why they would be valid, which here I obviously didn't provide. Stay tooned, well if ya want anyway :lol: