Possible new pet models?!

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Possible new pet models?!

Unread post by Kayb »

I want to tame the Nightmare Spider so badly... http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... Spider.jpg
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Lupen202 wrote:I also saw a comment floating around that there are new rabbit models. Not exactly a hunter pet, but any new critter/beast models are exciting.
I actually wonder if it's a result of Gnome getting Mech Pets... a new bunny model for the mech bunny, then throwing in the original beast colors as well.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

Raven Video There is a short video up now of the new Raven model in flight!

OwlCat And one of the OwlCat, too!
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Other than the new Mech pets, is there any way to see if they've flagged any other new pet families as tameable yet? I'm really curious to see what other families they decided to add.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

moooose. Though moose is probably going in the stag family.

Honestly I wish they'd add the rams (like the ones in Loch Modan) in to the stag family too. Sure, they aren't actually stags but clefthoofs aren't rhinos either...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nachtwulf wrote:moooose. Though moose is probably going in the stag family.
Honestly I wish they'd add the rams (like the ones in Loch Modan) in to the stag family too. Sure, they aren't actually stags but clefthoofs aren't rhinos either...
It would be weird if moose got their own family when stags exist. I'd be certain that they wouldn't do that, except... rylaks. :P

Rams could probably be added to goats (to which they are very closely related irl) and flesh out a tiny family that doesn't seem to have proven popular so far.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wolfwings
Realm: Garona, Zangarmarsh, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Wolfwings »

Wain wrote:
It would be weird if moose got their own family when stags exist. I'd be certain that they wouldn't do that, except... rylaks. :P

Rams could probably be added to goats (to which they are very closely related irl) and flesh out a tiny family that doesn't seem to have proven popular so far.
GOATS N SHEEP, SHEEP N GOATS. We need Sheep with them Goats
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

Wain wrote:

Yes! Give me tameable rams! Let my silly hunter have a ram mount and a ram pet and a ram minipet. A ram family. A ramily.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Fang

Unread post by Fang »

Looks like the current starting bear for the dwarves is getting an update! This is of course early in the cycle so it could change but exciting to see =)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_112315_151106.jpg
WoWScrnShot_112315_151106.jpg (470 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

couple models here, take a look (not my screenshots, just found them linked from a forum)

https://imgur.com/nxJccXg,cYrrAim,u4fH7 ... 2Y,VprBxE8
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Oh those centaur golems are so cool! And lots of moose mounts!
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Quiv wrote:couple models here, take a look (not my screenshots, just found them linked from a forum)

oh god that bear model

I want to love it but what is that back gurrrl

Seriously though, that better just be an angle+bad timing mid animation or something issue

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

PrimalTazza wrote:
Quiv wrote:couple models here, take a look (not my screenshots, just found them linked from a forum)

oh god that bear model

I want to love it but what is that back gurrrl

Seriously though, that better just be an angle+bad timing mid animation or something issue
Yeah otherwise it's kind of a camel bear...not pretty. But that basilisk! Wow! So evil...it must be mine.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Woah, those basilisks look amazing. The dread-raven thing is sick too.

The bear's back... Ummm~

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The bear has a sway-back :( I wanted to like it, but the back is kind of glaring in that shot. Maybe, as others have said, it was just a bad point in the animation, or a bad angle. All models look freaky if photographed at some extreme point in their animations.

I don't find the basilisks as cool as I thought I would. They look kind of low texture quality, like what happens when you enlarge a minipet rather than a full-sized beast. Kind of plastic :/

Sorry. That's awful I immediately picked apart both models. I really was hoping to love both of them :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

It might be larger than it's supposed to be, if a player is making them self the model, but I never experienced it so I don't know.

And don't feel bad.. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. I agree the textures are sort of odd?? but I love the model and spikes it has.

I would like to be optimistic about the bear, I hope it is just a bad angle, cause it looks very good otherwise

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I....was really hoping to love the bear model, especially now knowing that they're going to be updating the older bears too.

This is...well. Potentially disappointing.

I will withhold judgment on the faces until I see them moving (especially the black bears), but that back...

My poor Ursa. T_T

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

That bear....

Heh, back when I was in college I had to take a 'PE' type credit and I chose horseback riding because I grew up around horses and knew what I was doing. I made the mistake of knowing how to handle a horse in front of this old teacher that we had and he stuck me with this old, temperamental snot of a horse that was a handful to ride and had the most horrible swayback imaginable.

I'm going to have to get that bear and name it after that blasted horse now. O_o
Fang

Unread post by Fang »

Kalliope wrote:I....was really hoping to love the bear model, especially now knowing that they're going to be updating the older bears too.

I will withhold judgment on the faces until I see them moving (especially the black bears), but that back...

My poor Ursa. T_T

They will most likely leave most bears alone and just update the starting pet for the dwarves, but who knows. Lets hold hope that they will leave the old bears and have the new bears so people can choose as they please.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Fang wrote:
Kalliope wrote:I....was really hoping to love the bear model, especially now knowing that they're going to be updating the older bears too.

My poor Ursa. T_T

They will most likely leave most bears alone and just update the starting pet for the dwarves, but who knows. Lets hold hope that they will leave the old bears and have the new bears so people can choose as they please.
That's true; that's a definite (and likely) possibility. Thank you. ^^

Don't mind me; I've been on edge ever since the first whispers of "new bear models" came my way. >_>;

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!