Fenryr can be tamed!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Re: Fenryr can be tamed!

Unread post by Takanuka »

If it works like how you guys said it can work doing the mythic and then resetting it then why is it not working now? And someone answer me.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Taka, calm down. Your post sounds a bit more hostile than it needs to be.

First:
Are you making sure that you are OUTSIDE of the instance for at least 30 minutes to allow for a soft reset?
Second:
Did you do it on Mythic, or a Mythic Keystone run? If the latter, that's why.
Third:
It's likely that it was an overnight hotfix. This is clearly an exploit, albeit a very tiny one. It's not unusual for exploits to be fixed.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

It may be hotfixed now. Hotfixes can be applied without server reset (sometimes). Users posted on the previous pages that devs were aware of Fenryr being tamed in this manner and that it was not likely to stay. He was intended to be a solo challenge tame. A hot fix can literally make him tameable one minute, untameable the next. So if it was a hot fix, then this method no longer works.

However, if this method was fixed, then likely you can still get Fenryr. They told us that the intended/correct method is to solo mythic HoV up to and including Fenryr. After leaving and waiting for a soft reset, Fenryr should show up again. Some players on Wowhead comments did this. I plan to try once I'm home from work to see if he is available in the correct method.
Last edited by Rikaku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Takanuka »

WerebearGuy wrote:Taka, calm down. Your post sounds a bit more hostile than it needs to be.

First:
Are you making sure that you are OUTSIDE of the instance for at least 30 minutes to allow for a soft reset?
Second:
Did you do it on Mythic, or a Mythic Keystone run? If the latter, that's why.
Third:
It's likely that it was an overnight hotfix. This is clearly an exploit, albeit a very tiny one. It's not unusual for exploits to be fixed.
From my understanding others did this and they said it was working so did it get hotfixed overnight even tho I heard others here saying they just got it?

And I did it on regular mythic like everyone else did. And I will sound hostile if I am gonna be screwed again by lying people esp now that I have to wait an entire week to redo this if it is hotfixed.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

You were not lied to; this DID work. If it isn't working now, it's been hotfixed. That's all there is. It's unfortunate that it got hotfixed, but you can't be upset about them fixing cheats and exploits. It was clearly an exploit, since we got it in a way that was not supposed to be present, and it's impressive that those of us who made use of the exploit didn't have it taken away. It only lasted for a few hours, and it was late at night for most of us.

I'm sorry you didn't get to join in on the exploit.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

No one here can predict when Blizzard will fix (esp hotfix) an unintended bug or glitch. It's very rude to accuse the posters of lying or "screwing"you out of a pet. As I said before, people posted several times that Blizzard was aware of the bug and that we were already preemptively warned to not rely on the method staying as-is. There's literally nothing anyone could have done to predicted when it would have been fixed.

And again, the pet isn't gone forever. We are intended to tame Fenryr, just not in the manner first discovered here. It's supposed to be in the manner I posted above. At the very worst, you would have to wait a week for a reset, before you can go in mythic HoV solo and get him.

If players wanted to keep him "rare" and "screw others", they wouldn't have posted the method to Wowhead or Petopia.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

What ilvl range is required to solo mythic HoV up to and including ol'Fenny?

Edit: Also do we have multiple (or official) confirmations on the hotfix?
Last edited by Quiv on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

So us letting you know, Takanuka, that the tame is possible is 'screwing hunters over'?
With that attitude I think you might want to try a different website >_> But that's just me.
For now on I guess we can make sure we dont tell any one about the tames and never take them out in the open, so we cant 'ruin it for everyone' by letting any one ever know the tame is possible :>

Sad I missed this tame, but oh well. I'll try to grab it next time it pops up once I can afford WoW time. GRats to those that were able to tame!

Siggy under construction!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Takanuka often acts very selfish and trolly. He has made it very clear in the past that he has a strong dislike for us (for no good reason). It is best to just ignore him.

But supporting what others have said, the reset method was a bug that was discovered last night by both us and Blizz. It is no surprise that Blizz fixed it this morning. If you want to get it the intended way, as I did, then solo Mythic HoV up to and including Fenryr.

But please, Takanuka, if you have nothing constructive or nice to say, then don't say anything.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Bendak »

I extended my lockout and he was still there just now. So it might not be hotfixed? I may have to reclear a new lockout to be 100% sure (in case old lockouts still work even after hotfix).
Takanuka wrote:Thank you for screwing someone out of the pet for the week saying this way works but clearly doesn't work at all.
Takanuka wrote:So if it is hotfixed I am yet AGAIN screwed because of you petopians.............................. And I am not here to make friends, hunters even here like to screw others out of tameables because they want to make it more rare just like they always do.......................
Grow up.
Takanuka wrote:And I will sound hostile if I am gonna be screwed again by lying people esp now that I have to wait an entire week to redo this if it is hotfixed.
You got me. I photoshopped all the pics. It was a lie from the beginning.

And everyone is on it.

We're all out to get you.
Last edited by Bendak on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If it's been hotfixed it was because it was brought to the attention of the developers via all the excitement on Twitter and not via Petopia.

But even if it had been reported here and somehow we were responsible for bringing it to the attention of developers, it doesn't justify multiple obnoxious snipes at our Community. Nobody here owes you anything. I'd really encourage you to try out the MMO-Champion forums. They're better geared for, and far more tolerant of, your mindset.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Bowno wrote:For now on I guess we can make sure we dont tell any one about the tames and never take them out in the open, so we cant 'ruin it for everyone' by letting any one ever know the tame is possible :>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO please don't do that I like when you guys alert us to these things if not for this site I would've missed my chance to get Fenryr.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Agreed. Keeping things a secret is a selfish move. Fenryr. Was intended to be tamable, and still is. You just have to do the solo challenge to get him, as was intended.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I don't want to agg this on, but I want to see the proof/screenshot myself.

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by Quiv on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Screenshot of what?

Edit: just saw what the Troll said. I agree, if you really did find anything, then post proof. Otherwise, just leave. We only found out about Fenryr last night. It isn't our fault the bug was fixed, and, honestly, it should be. You can still get Fenryr, you're just going to have to be patient. It isn't ever going away. Just grow up.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

At least Blizzard was nice enough to let those who tamed it before the fix keep their Fenryr, I logged off not knowing if when I log back on my Fenryr would still be there and was so relieved to see her still next to my main hunter even Hati is still Fenryr since never know what they will do when they fix these things.
Lia
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lia »

I'm a bit of a lurker here, but I just wanted to report that I was able to tame Fenyr just a few moments ago. It has not been hotfixed.

You should know that your instance reset worked when Odyn begins talking about Fenyr again after zoning into the hunting ground area. It took maybe forty minutes of waiting after my group cleared mythic.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Lia wrote:I'm a bit of a lurker here, but I just wanted to report that I was able to tame Fenyr just a few moments ago. It has not been hotfixed.

You should know that your instance reset worked when Odyn begins talking about Fenyr again after zoning into the hunting ground area. It took maybe forty minutes of waiting after my group cleared mythic.
That is good news for those still wanting to tame it the reset way.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Lia wrote:I'm a bit of a lurker here, but I just wanted to report that I was able to tame Fenyr just a few moments ago. It has not been hotfixed.

Great news! Thank you for the report, and welcome :D

Siggy under construction!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Another confirmation that this still works.

So even though I had a mythic clear last night, my internet took a dump 20 min into the soft reset timer. :( So... had to reclear again today. I didn't click instance reset it or anything, just walked out for about 30 minutes, then went back in, all trash was gone and Odyn gave a message that Fenryr stalks the grounds as I entered the right wing. Went to the cave where the last part of the fight takes place and he was resting inside the cave. Tamed and done!