So, you know how we weren't getting expanded stables?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Re: So, you know how we weren't getting expanded stables?

Unread post by Vasken »

But I wasn't attacking-... Cripes, I even said myself that I wouldn't use most of the spare slots. If you'd read my wall-of-text post above, I never attacked anyone; I just expressed how happy I was and why I thought it'd be good for me. Me. Honestly, there was a slew of posts before mine stating why they didn't like the idea of more slots-- can't I interject with the opposite?

If someone can point out what I said that was demeaning, defensive or aggressive (minus these subsequent replies-- I'm getting blunt and grumpy with people, I know), I'd be thrilled-- and I'd remedy the matter and apologize appropriately.
Vasken wrote:More pets won't even affect the bond I have with my pets, in brutal honesty. If anything, it'll improve it. I absolutely adore variety! I didn't really click with my hunter until Cataclysm offered a 25-slot stable, even though I've played one since vanilla. I've tried to rotate pets weekly through my spare stable slot, though it's too hard to bond with them when I know they'll be abandoned sooner or later. Honestly, with more expansions-- and more pets- upcoming, more stable slots might actually be needed.

Currently, if I have the yearning to try out a new pet, a new skin, a new anything, I'll need to scour my stable for a pet I can potentially part with-- a feat that's easier said than done. I've bonded strongly with all 25 pets, whether it's appearance wise, personality wise, or even just plain, simple nostalgia value. With the changes, I can happily experiment without throwing out an old, pixelated friend. If I don't particularly click with the one I've tamed, I don't need to frantically ticket Blizzard and ask for my pet back. Bonds also wane over time-- you wouldn't be hard-pressed to throw out a nostalgia-smothered pet that you're struggling to remain attached to.

Whilst I'm not sure if I'll use the entire 55, I'm definitely planning on picking up a few more raptors, crocolisks and turtles for roleplaying use; these changes are absolutely perfect for a trollish raptor breeder! I've found it so hard to strike a balance between my roleplaying pets, my "ooh shiny" rares and the raid-buff pets; the change will give folk a lil' breathing room.

Honestly, there's no requirement to fill up the additional slots-- or even use them. Whilst the temptation will inevitably be there, utilize your willpower to ignore the extra pages; it's better to have more of a choice than less, even if it's something you'd personally rather not use! It's understandable that folk bond in different ways. Some people just really wanted this change-- and it won't even effect you if you exert self-control, as difficult as it may be.

Love for pixelated critters isn't a finite resource-- if you can bond with 25, you can potentially bond with 55; it's more opportunity! If you'd rather keep things small, then do so, and let the others enjoy these newfound changes. :D

TL;DR: If new stable slots aren't introduced, Floof is the next pet on my list to be abandoned if a new pet catches my interest. Think of the Floof.

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I may not care much for this at all. I could care less in fact and I know this will never happen but I'll say it again I really hope no one after this says we need more stable slots. Silly I know :lol:
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

No one is attacking you, Vasken; my post was a response to Zhinru's.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

hey guys i am thinking about doing a hunter hunting party for if and when the added stables go live to celebrate.horde and alli are welcome.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Stay calm guys. Everyone is entitled to their opinion here. No personal attacks, please. At least one problem was sorted out as a mistake.

To add my personal opinion, I'm very glad for the increase, but I wish they'd done it in smaller increments more frequently.

I can understand how some people get excited over things and fill their stables. Petopia is about pet enthusiasm after all!

The problem is, of course, that when newer, exciting stuff is released their stables are already full. And it can be painful for some to throw out their pets.

So I'd prefer it if the stable increases were smaller and corresponded with new patches or expansions with exciting new stuff. I'm just worried that the increase to 55 now might mean they won't consider another increase for quite some time, i.e. not even when 6.0 comes out. But perhaps I'm wrong.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I was actually very interested to see some of the opposing viewpoints and negatives about having 55 slots. I didnt think there really was any drawback, but as some have shared their viewpoint, it opened my own up. I had personally never looked at it the way some have presented.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Snipping to highlight points:
Wain wrote:To add my personal opinion, I'm very glad for the increase, but I wish they'd done it in smaller increments more frequently.

So I'd prefer it if the stable increases were smaller and corresponded with new patches or expansions with exciting new stuff. I'm just worried that the increase to 55 now might mean they won't consider another increase for quite some time, i.e. not even when 6.0 comes out. But perhaps I'm wrong.
100% agreed on this! Instead of running around flailing over suddenly30morespaces, we'd have had some time to adjust and slowly expand, which would make this whole thing less shocking.

Hopefully, we won't feel compelled to need more than 55 spaces down the line, but since it's so far ahead, who knows what will happen? We could have lots of reasons to ask for more space, or we might find that we can juggle enough. We'll see, though. 55 is a strange number, too. Another couple of pages would bring us to 75, which would be...rounder, in a manner of speaking. So....no way of knowing.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

I too am a little sad at losing the fact that who to keep and who to release is currently such a big decision. I hate clutter irl and in game. I've deleted old alts I never use just to keep my log in screen neat looking. My neat freak nature and crazy cat lady are duking it out right now. Crazy cat lady is definitely going to win as I know I will have zero self control with 55 slots to play with however.

I can definitely understand how this is both good news and not so good news. It's nothing against anyone or trying to take away from those who feel nothing but sheer glee at the stable slot increases. It just means different things to different people that's all.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

To be fair, I think 5.2 should have seen to 10 more stable slots. That's all I really think people were asking for.

But I will never complain about the extra 30 slots. That will save me from decisions about taming/releasing until at least the next xpac/beyond.
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

I have to admit, I'm in a bit of shock at that massive addition all at once, despite wanting more slots myself. Definitely not complaining in any way, though! This was awesome news to find out while recovering from being sick. I think I might attempt logging on for a little while to go hunting for some of the pets that parted ways from Tor all those years ago and see if they're willing to come back with her once 5.3 hits. Hopefully I can manage to stay awake for a little while. :/

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I'm surprised they added so many more stable slots, and in the middle of an expansion too. I thought if they would add more it would be at the start of a new expansion.

I never filled up 25 slots in the first place. I would feel bad about pets that I never used and would release them. But to those pet collectors, congrats to you!

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Gotta say I adore the addition of new slots; I've always collected pets and mounts, and felt so limited when it came to my hunter's stable.

I'm overjoyed because I have a number of the 'buff' pets that Bliz keep taking away from us; while they're not pets I use on a regular basis I love them for their novelty value, and I don't want to part with them as they're unobtainable. I'm just sad I never got any of the Pandaria buff pets before they were taken away (again). I love my ghost wolf to pieces and would never part with him, but the others were pretty much hogging my limited stable space (I already had to get rid of the oiled fledging and lone hunter to make room) and now I don't have to feel guilty keeping them.

I also have a huge number of BM only pets (12) that I cannot use when I switch to other specs, so these new slots are amazing to give me more variety when I'm not running BM.

I'm also a fan of the unique skin pets and I always felt a bit like if a common version was added it detracted a bit (yes I'm guilty) and I'd keep the pet that was still unique when I had to make cuts to my stable; this change means I feel at least I have the space to keep those more common skins. Now I will go back and tame those guys, making sure I still put the effort in to get the rare version (Numeroc, Madexx, etc).

Personally I'm going to have an absolute field day and go tame all the pets I've wanted/had to abandon due to the old space issues - only thing that's going to suck is retaming some of my old pets (Numeroc/Gondria/Ankha/Spiders) with the joys of CRZ (so glad I didn't drop Sambas to tame my dino now). Also means I can finally go grab those guys I could just never find the room for (that gorgeous blue gem owl comes to mind) = very happy hunter. :D
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Wassa wrote:I'm surprised they added so many more stable slots, and in the middle of an expansion too. I thought if they would add more it would be at the start of a new expansion.
Blizzard might be intending to introduce new pet families to the game before the next expansion. Or they figured having one of every pet type was reason enough to allow the added room.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

I for one am really excited by the more than doubling of our current stable space. No, I might not use all the extra space, but that's a far more preferable situation that having to clear stable slots out every few weeks. I'm a tamer, I like picking up new pets regularly to try them out, see how they fit, and this change will benefit me enormously.

Thank you Blizzard! :D
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Sar wrote:I'm a tamer, I like picking up new pets regularly to try them out, see how they fit, and this change will benefit me enormously.
Silly paladin, you can't tame anything :D

Seriously tho, I think this is a good point. Having stable "wiggle room" allows for greater flexibility and convenience in pet choice, even if those slots never become permanently occupied.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I think my biggest problem now is if a new pet family is released. Since I'm insisting on having at least one from each family with a few extras like cats and spirit beasts, if a new pet family comes out I'll now have to make space for one. And I know it sounds insane... but I'm already mentally attached to all 55 pets I picked out. ;___;

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

I actually hope this means they're considering giving us some of our long-time pet wishes. I mean with such a massive increase to stables, maybe they'll throw us a bone while they're at it?
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

tekovince
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by tekovince »

Hurray I won't have to level a 4th hunter !

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

OMGosh...just don't know what to do with myself. I don't think I will fill all 55 slots but I am now one VERY happy hunter who had to do a very painful good bye to a few pets for some of the new shinny ones.

...please forgive me guys, Momma has come to her senses and has come back for you all...
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Heh, yeah, lil, that's how I feel. :( I gotta get my lava spiders and scorpions back!
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!