Fenryr can be tamed!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Fenryr can be tamed!

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Lia wrote:I'm a bit of a lurker here, but I just wanted to report that I was able to tame Fenyr just a few moments ago. It has not been hotfixed.

You should know that your instance reset worked when Odyn begins talking about Fenyr again after zoning into the hunting ground area. It took maybe forty minutes of waiting after my group cleared mythic.
Do you need to kill Odyn? We can just kill Hymdall and Fenryr (ignore the rest) then wait for it to soft reset right?
Lia
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lia »

Kaiarra wrote:
Lia wrote:I'm a bit of a lurker here, but I just wanted to report that I was able to tame Fenyr just a few moments ago. It has not been hotfixed.

You should know that your instance reset worked when Odyn begins talking about Fenyr again after zoning into the hunting ground area. It took maybe forty minutes of waiting after my group cleared mythic.
Do you need to kill Odyn? We can just kill Hymdall and Fenryr (ignore the rest) then wait for it to soft reset right?
I am not sure if you need Odyn or not, but I did a full clear before I started waiting outside the instance.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I did a full clear as well.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Great to hear because there is no way I'm soloing phase two Fenryr right now.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I did a LfG full clear mythic 0, walked out of the instance, logged for 30-40ish min, logged back in, walking into HoV (making sure my toon was set to mythic dungeons), got to Fenryr's little cave and tamed him. Hope this helps someone. :hug: :mrgreen:

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

EDIT: I seem to have goofed, sharing the lockout via cross-server got buggy. Someone joined, it reset on us. Will report back with progress in half an hour to make sure I can actually help people or not.

Wish the dungeon would just be cleared. I extended the lockout already, and confirmed when I ran in by myself that Fenryr was up again. Not sure why it reset when I invited the first person.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

Takanuka wrote:Thank you for screwing someone out of the pet for the week saying this way works but clearly doesn't work at all.
How, *exactly*, did *anyone* screw you personally out of anything?

Details please.
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

OK not sure what I am doing wrong. Mythic cleared, I waited a full 30 minutes (32 actually), zoned in to an empty instance, and Odyn popped up when I entered the Fields and said Fenryr stalks the ground. Checked the cave (both actually), nothing there.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Just ignore him, Sar. Takanuka is an individual that wants very rare pets so that he can be special from every other hunter. He is just a selfish, sad person.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Quiv wrote:OK not sure what I am doing wrong. Mythic cleared, I waited a full 30 minutes (32 actually), zoned in to an empty instance, and Odyn popped up when I entered the Fields and said Fenryr stalks the ground. Checked the cave (both actually), nothing there.
It is possible they have fixed it now.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

k I just got back, just got some chow in me, but if anyone needs a hand with m0, in about 1 1/2hr, feel free to pm me and we'll knock out one for a few hunters :) Can sway ally or horde as well.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Turns out that you can't share cross-server lockouts. The person from earlier came in while I was sitting inside, and it put them in a different version of the instance. I extended my lockout, invited the other person, set it to mythic, and it was a fresh run. When I was sitting in the instance, I saw Fenryr sleeping, so it DOES still work. I just couldn't get the other person into my zone to tame it.

Gotta run it normally if you want it, unfortunately. Not that mythic 0 is hard by any means, but still. Get your mythic runs while you can.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Plot twist, the other hunter I cleared mythic with said they got theres. Maybe its one per lockout or something of that nature? I've waited nearly an hour since they tamed theirs and nothing.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Hmm, the trash is proving to be a bit of problem honestly. I've gotten through the first two packs without a problem and CCing is helping, but those thundercallers are not nice. .-. I don't think I can get through the bigger packs with my current gear.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Daetur
Realm: US- Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Daetur »

Just tamed at 7:32pm EST, still working as of then. Did NOT solo the instance. Full cleared with a group, let it soft reset while I did Broken Shore dailies, and went back.
Irontagerr
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Irontagerr »

Daetur wrote:Just tamed at 7:32pm EST, still working as of then. Did NOT solo the instance. Full cleared with a group, let it soft reset while I did Broken Shore dailies, and went back.
Were there other hunters in your group?
Daetur
Realm: US- Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Daetur »

Irontagerr wrote:
Daetur wrote:Just tamed at 7:32pm EST, still working as of then. Did NOT solo the instance. Full cleared with a group, let it soft reset while I did Broken Shore dailies, and went back.
Were there other hunters in your group?
I was the only hunter in my group.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

When I got mine last night from making own group had another hunter in it and after I waited 30 minutes then went and got mine I told them so they waited their 30 minutes ran in and he was there again chilling so as long as both hunters wait for 30 minutes should be good to go.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm glad people have had some luck throughout the day!

I'm home from work now and I can bring my beefy hunter through a base mythic run if there's people that need some help clearing it!
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Vephriel wrote:I'm glad people have had some luck throughout the day!

I'm home from work now and I can bring my beefy hunter through a base mythic run if there's people that need some help clearing it!
I certainly wouldn't mind. The big trash pack before Hem kicked my butt. ;w;

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}