The nerf to instance experience buggered our pets =/

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Re: The nerf to instance experience buggered our pets =/

Unread post by Pent »

BorntoRide wrote:If you have Mining , that will work also. Blizzard added xp experience gain for gatherers in 4.0 or something.
I know this has already been quoted, but since I have firsthand experience (maybe the other poster did too) I can comment.

Mining does NOT give your pet any XP. (for now... who knows if it will later one after a hotfix)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

This comic I find strangely appropriate or at least humorous. It's part of a story arc, so most of it won't make much sense, but panels 2 and 3 are what keeps coming to mind.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Ryai wrote:
Worba wrote:*Yes I know gathering is not exactly the same as turning in a quest however it's a lot more like quest turnin XP than mob-kill XP if you think about it.... :mrgreen:
You're ignoring the fact that only Herbalist Hunters are getting any real benefit from this. Miners, skinners or people who have non gathering professions aren't getting anything.

So no sorry it really isn't like quest gain EXP: because only a special few are able to benefit from this, and not everyone. And while I admit I used this method to level Sarah and my Silithid up on Ryai- it was only one level a piece and I ticketed it. Because it's not right and I still feel bad about using it :/
I do believe in this case that Worba was referring to the mechanics of the event, rather than the availability. ;)

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Well, given the nerf to pet leveling that has been thrust upon us, I'm stabling and not leveling any pet that's not a rare that I can go back and tame some other time. I would imagine that with the pet XP gain rate when we are actually leveling that we'll be able to level up 10 or so pets if you rotate them out a lot. But the rest? oh well. Going to loose out on some variety and raid buffs.
Account has been closed at user's request.