Which armour set will you use?

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Re: Which armour set will you use?

Unread post by Astratia »

Slightly off topic, but do you know what armor set Nibia is wearing in the banner below?

PS, I'm trying so hard to get that bow XD The armor set looks lovely with it and my intention was to find a set that went well with the bow, and focuses on blues :3

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Demonium
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aszune

Unread post by Demonium »

i still have the mail eyepatch from outlands in my bank /flex. can you actually change your bow to look like a gun and vice versa? that would be incredibly stupid.

but my weapons i have collected so far is the dragon cannon from BWL. the Steam pistol from TKE, and a few random bows. I really really want back Arrowsong as it is imo the best looking bow aside from Thoridal.

for the armor im going for the recolored dragonstalker set. its grey and green iirc with some purple. every single piece of the set drops from TBC hcs. and because rng sucks i have only ever seen rings and necklaces drop in TBC dungeons.

i did try for the red recolor of the dragonstalker set but there is only 2 pieces to the red set. bracers and belt doesnt matter cos you cant really see them.

also Astratia that banner the armor looks like the ally rogue set from iirc ToC. and the bow is Thoridal the legendary and they cant be transmorged.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Demonium wrote:can you actually change your bow to look like a gun and vice versa?
Yes, ranged weapons are interchangeable between bows/guns/crossbows.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Drezizul wrote:Heres something that may match your firemane Leggings, http://www.wowhead.com/item=31160#. not the best looking but it sorta matches
Those aren't bad. Slightly a touch too golden but they match the overall look. I'll definitely consider them if I can find them for sale, thanks. :)

Right now my default for shoulders I think is the Coral-Barbed Shoulderpads since I already have them, though I don't think they're the best possible match. I'll probably browse some PVP shoulders later... I just got too tired last night after trying to put together the rest of the pieces.
Last edited by peanutbuttercup on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demonium
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aszune

Unread post by Demonium »

so i made some pics of what i want. arrowsong imo matches the armor. the gun and fist weps dont. but they are badass so by default its ok. plus those fists remind me of nightmare from soul caliber aka my fav char. i wont be using crossbows because imo blizzard doesnt put much time into their designs and make them ugly.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6296 ... ot100y.png

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9750 ... t101gv.png

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/638/ ... ot102i.png

:headbang:
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Demonium wrote:can you actually change your bow to look like a gun and vice versa? that would be incredibly stupid.
I don't think so, as I believe the sound files will change as well. I think it's a wonderful change, as many people aesthetically prefer one type to the other.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Astratia wrote:Slightly off topic, but do you know what armor set Niabi is wearing in the banner below?

PS, I'm trying so hard to get that bow XD The armor set looks lovely with it and my intention was to find a set that went well with the bow, and focuses on blues :3
The armor in my signature is:

Shoulders: Type: Leather; VanCleef's Pauldrons
Chest: Type: Leather; VanCleef's Breastplate
Legs: Type: Leather; VanCleef's Legplates
Boots: Type: Leather; Treads of the Seeker
Gloves: Type: Leather; VanCleef's Gauntlets
Weapon(s): Type: Bow; Thori'dal the Star's Fury

Unfortunately, the VanCleef's set is for Rogue's only :( ... which is a damn shame because it looks extremely sexy on almost every single female race. If this set were available for hunters to wear, I'd snag it all up in a heartbeat.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Niabi wrote:

Unfortunately, the VanCleef's set is for Rogue's only :( ... which is a damn shame because it looks extremely sexy on almost every single female race. If this set were available for hunters to wear, I'd snag it all up in a heartbeat.
Actually it is but it's leather so you can't transmo mail into it.

Shoulders: Spaulders of the Snow bandit
Chest: Cuirass of calamitous fate
Legs: Leggings of the Broken Beast
Boots: Treads of the Icewalker
Gloves: Gloves of the Silver Assassin

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Rendezvous
Realm: Jaedenar

Unread post by Rendezvous »

I'm SO gonna keep using my seaon 9 green arena gear. I'm a huge Green Lantern fan, so if I see anything that will eventually get me to look like I'm part of the corps, then that's where I'll lean towards. This is trully an epic move on Blizz's part. I hated seeing everyone looking like a carbon copy of one another. Time for some originality!
Signature by LanternRend,
Last edited by Rendezvous on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parkour
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mug'thol

Unread post by Parkour »

duno how many of u actually have more than just hunters but ive got most of my warrior things picked out. still trying for the shield from bt and from bwl. need to get a few weapons for the dif types also but the armor is all there pretty much.

Attachments
warrior.jpg
warrior.jpg (134.57 KiB) Viewed 2667 times
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Parkour wrote:duno how many of u actually have more than just hunters but ive got most of my warrior things picked out. still trying for the shield from bt and from bwl. need to get a few weapons for the dif types also but the armor is all there pretty much.
I have a warrior and paladin.

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Kurenio wrote:
Niabi wrote: Unfortunately, the VanCleef's set is for Rogue's only :( ... which is a damn shame because it looks extremely sexy on almost every single female race. If this set were available for hunters to wear, I'd snag it all up in a heartbeat.
Actually it is but it's leather so you can't transmo mail into it.
You are correct Kurenio. I just wish the armor set (or similar looking pieces) were available in mail, and therefore available for hunters. I selected this armor for my character's signature because I was going for a certain color theme and overall pleasant look rather than showing off the dull and unimpressive Northrend gear I currently have equipped. The VanCleef set is very attractive but it just doesn't seem very "rogue-like" to me ~ looks much more suited for a hunter imo ~ but then again, whose to say what gear looks best on what class.

Technically, a hunter could use any type of leather or cloth armor (so long as it is not class specific - like the VanCleef set) for transmogrification as long as the armor they are equipping is of the same quality ... however, you'd be sacrificing tons of HP in the process not to mention the shortage of adequate stats available for your class (especially in cloth armor).

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Yep that is the one thing I don't like. The restriction to a certain armor, but I'm not going to complain because I've been wanting to customize my gear forever. I don't stand about weapons, but I mean.... I would like my hunter to wear the set I had picked out for them before I ever heard of this. Now some can't either way.

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Finally found some shoulders for the Firemane leggings red and gold set I was working on yesterday.
Last edited by peanutbuttercup on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Demonium wrote: also Astratia that banner the armor looks like the ally rogue set from iirc ToC. and the bow is Thoridal the legendary and they cant be transmorged.
Not yet they can't ....xD Even if they couldn't I still will run around with it for my own personal enjoyment. Though who knows what the future may bring :) Here's hoping.

This made me cry a little :(
I do agree it is damn sexy and seems to suit what I envisioned Astra wearing. I'll have to keep an eye out for something that resembles it. As if now, still debating on a set. I've got the black dragonscale set, as well as working on the ICC gear from Nax (not the Tgear) but Tunic of the Lost Pack, Greves of Sanctified Dissolutuion... and some things that match :/

Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

Somebody posted this a black mail set on another site, but didn't then follow up when we all asked what went into it. Maybe some of the WMV experts here can reverse-engineer it?

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Recognized the chest immediately: http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=586#modelviewer:4+0 It's from the season 1 pvp set.

Couldn't tell you about the rest without looking, though. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I think I might go with the season 10 pvp gear. I'll make up an image later :)
Any other suggestions that the gear revolves around blue (blue/aqua) and not.... well overbearing in skin would be greatly appreciated :D

Bubu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by Bubu »

Magli wrote:Somebody posted this a black mail set on another site, but didn't then follow up when we all asked what went into it.
Sorry Magli, that somebody was me :O)
And I was away from my comp for a few days. WIll be back tomorrow, but let me try to tell you as much info as I do remember atm.
Unfortunately some of the items accessible only by horde members (shoulders in black color) or thru quests (boots)

But anyway here we go...

BOOTS
Alliance
Friendfinder Treads
Lifecrusher Treads

Horde
Repair Crew Treads
Lifecrusher Treads

LEGS
Legs r... Duh, Legs r 100+ Scholo runs:O(
I was dreaming to get as black set as possible, but since we can't moggy leather to mail there was not much choice.
Legs r Bloodmail Legguards, plain black tuxedo-looking.

Btw, here is one more mail set, very unusual look, hope someone will like it :O)
Bloodmail Regalia

Drop rate from 0.7 up to 3% and stands as "Extremely Low" on armory.
Drop from all 6 bosses in Sholo's Headmaster's Study. 3 on the second floor, 3 on first.
You don't have to kill any other bosses. Each run will take up to 7-8 min with only 2 big pulls plus few patrols..
But!
RNG is RNS :O(

OFF
There is a 4 sets (cloth, mail, leather and plate) drops from those bosses.
Almost all of them r Extremely Low or Low Drop.

OFF END

I'd ended up with dunno how many other FULL sets, but with 19 Bloodmail boots, 16 Bloodmail belts, 17 Bloodmail hauberks and I think like 20+ Bloodmail hands...
And only one pair of Bloodmail Regalia :O(
Not mention 300+ stacks of cloth (real time show "Help your guildie to lvl-up tailoring :O)) ), 5 epic tailor patterns and dunno how many blue/greens.
At some point I just stopped looting and it was pure get in-shoot-get out runs. Really boring... But it was fun to came back to Scholo, really love the idea and design there.

NOTE: Most of the time you will get ONLY 1-2 pieces of gear per run from ALL 6 bosses total. And there is like 4-5% chance it will be mail. So pray for RNG's gods for lucky turn :O)

CHEST
Gladiator's Chain Armor.

GLOVES
As pure black as legs... I think not in a game anymore :O(
Don't remember they name, need my computer to check.

BACK
Black-Iron Battlecloak

But here is a options:
Blackmetal Cape
and not THAT black but still cool and plain one, love this design
Cape of the Black Baron
OR same looking model for 1200G
Inherited Cape of the Black Baron

BELT
You can get ANY good looking black/dark belt, dozens still in the game...

And don't remember shoulders name :O(

Will update this set anyway with some new items soon (prob this weekend)
Last edited by Bubu on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bubu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by Bubu »

BTW, will need your guys help...
If you have any ideas 'bout black/dark color gear - plz let me know :O)