So, you know how we weren't getting expanded stables?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Re: So, you know how we weren't getting expanded stables?

Unread post by Holgarr »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Holy wow, seriously? Look at all those slots I'm never, ever going to use! xD
Gotta agree with ya there... With the 25 we have now, I already only use about half of them, and I'm hard-pressed to think of any others I really wanna tame as-is, since I pretty-much just go for uniques or unique-rares most of the time, and right now those types are mostly Spirit Beasts, which, frankly, I don't really care for.
Image Image
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Miacoda wrote:You can always ask GMs to restore some of your old pets. I believe they still do that. :)
Wasn't sure whether to make a new thread or to just ask here... but can someone just confirm this is possible?

I abandoned my Gondria/Ankha a good while back (early MoP I think), but trying to retame them with the horrors of CRZ is driving me spare as there are always people around whatever time of day/night I try (I've dropped some Pandaria rares as they have such fast respawns and no CRZ = easy enough retame after 5.3). If I can definitely ticket to get them restored then I think I'll just say to hell with CRZ retaming and do that instead.

Also, do I need to remember what the pets were named or can they be restored from NPC ID + is there a limit on how many pets they will restore?

I just don't want to submit ticket and wait days, just to be told they won't/can't restore them. Would it be a case of getting the right GM and ticketing until I get one who'll restore or is it something people do on a regular basis with no hassle? Just wondering as I've never attempted to have a pet restored (CRZ just pushes me over the edge when it comes my patience).
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kaiarra wrote:
Miacoda wrote:You can always ask GMs to restore some of your old pets. I believe they still do that. :)
Wasn't sure whether to make a new thread or to just ask here... but can someone just confirm this is possible?

I abandoned my Gondria/Ankha a good while back (early MoP I think), but trying to retame them with the horrors of CRZ is driving me spare as there are always people around whatever time of day/night I try (I've dropped some Pandaria rares as they have such fast respawns and no CRZ = easy enough retame after 5.3). If I can definitely ticket to get them restored then I think I'll just say to hell with CRZ retaming and do that instead.

Also, do I need to remember what the pets were named or can they be restored from NPC ID + is there a limit on how many pets they will restore?

I just don't want to submit ticket and wait days, just to be told they won't/can't restore them. Would it be a case of getting the right GM and ticketing until I get one who'll restore or is it something people do on a regular basis with no hassle? Just wondering as I've never attempted to have a pet restored (CRZ just pushes me over the edge when it comes my patience).
It's possible, though again I will caution everyone not to flood the GMs with requests when 5.3 hits; they may start refusing us if that happens (as what happened with past quest rewards equipment-wise once transmog came in).

Remembering the name and approximately how long ago you abandoned the pet helps a lot. Also having just cause - I've had no problems myself, but I saw someone turned down multiple times for requesting a common pet restored, despite the sentimental value attached to that spawn (it worked out in the end, but it's made me wary of the process).

Again, knowing how swamped the GMs are going to get with these requests, I recommend only requesting one or maybe two pets to be restored, if any at all. I also would not wait til 5.3 if at all possible; I'm looking through my own stable for a volunteer to take off for a bit myself.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I do also suggest people drop basic common model pets they're not using too much and go try to snag some old rare spawns you may want. You can get the other ones back once the patch hits and since they're common models, they won't cause you grief to find. Tis what I'm doing. I love my sporebat, but she's a common model so she's being held off for the time being until I can get some old rares I used to have.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Aleu wrote:I do also suggest people drop basic common model pets they're not using too much and go try to snag some old rare spawns you may want. You can get the other ones back once the patch hits and since they're common models, they won't cause you grief to find. Tis what I'm doing. I love my sporebat, but she's a common model so she's being held off for the time being until I can get some old rares I used to have.
Yes, if I'm lucky enough to reacquire Loque before 5.3, my rhino Rose will be free-range until we get the new stable slots.
Kalliope

*pets Tantalus* He'll be vacationing until 5.3 as well.

I just can't camp for Polaris again. It's been too many times and he SHOULD have stayed the last time....and would have, if we'd had the stable space then.

YouTube Edition

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Camping would drive me insane, so I just do fly-bys. Which means Loque is definitely a long-term goal :)
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Terrorpene for me. x.x I retamed Savage and all that, but that damn fiery turtle is my long term goal.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Well, as far as I can tell, it is officially in the 5.3 patch notes that there are now 50 stable slots.

"Neilaren: Crazy Nether Ray Lady", here I come.
Kalliope

Neilaren wrote:Well, as far as I can tell, it is officially in the 5.3 patch notes that there are now 50 stable slots.
Indeed it is! :D

YouTube Edition

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Neilaren wrote:"Neilaren: Crazy Nether Ray Lady", here I come.
Once knew a lady down the street like this. Damn nether rays pooping everywhere, making this awful mewing sound and rubbing up on you.

:P
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

Quivering wrote:
Once knew a lady down the street like this. Damn nether rays pooping everywhere, making this awful mewing sound and rubbing up on you.

:P
Are you sure she didnt just have cats? pretty sure nether rays dont make mewing sounds....its more of a bloodthirsty slurping screech.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Zangor wrote:
Quivering wrote:
Once knew a lady down the street like this. Damn nether rays pooping everywhere, making this awful mewing sound and rubbing up on you. :P
pretty sure nether rays don't make mewing sounds....its more of a bloodthirsty slurping screech.
Indeed. Quiv probably was living next to a Sporebat colony. It's an easy mistake to make.
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Sometimes the sounds Terrato makes sound like pigeon coos.

It'll be nice to have the extra stable space in case new pets catch my eye. But I suppose I shouldn't try to fill all the new space right away. That ended up happening when they introduced Void Storage and now when I lament over my lack of bag space I *REALLY* lament over it.
Kalliope

Polaris is home!!!!

I can scarcely believe it; this is the fastest turnaround I've ever had. Not that I usually petition for pet restores....

:hug: I am one happy hunter right now!

And he is abusing the hell out of PetEmote with appropriate messages, so once again, I feel vindicated.

VERY happy hunter!

YouTube Edition

Kyonarai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stonemaul

Unread post by Kyonarai »

This is awesome for me. I was getting so irritated with my full stable on my main hunter, especially since I have a few retired pets I don't want to let go(grim totem spirit guide, gurubashi grub, oil stained wolf) and a few difficult or irritating tames that I won't let go of either, that makes my current lacl of space highly frustrating. Also, I pretty much use all my pets at one point or another. I am forever at a stablemaster switching out my active team, and can often be found using thee different pets in the same instance run. I just go with whatever strikes my fancy at the time. Love the level of spontaneity this system allows.
Special thanks to Ket-shi!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kyonarai wrote:gurubashi grub
I know you meant Gorishi grub, but I love your spelling. Someone needs to make a pic of a maggot gladiator, fighting for glory in the Gurubashi Arena!
Kalliope

GormanGhaste wrote:
Kyonarai wrote:gurubashi grub
I know you meant Gorishi grub, but I love your spelling. Someone needs to make a pic of a maggot gladiator, fighting for glory in the Gurubashi Arena!
YES.

Tiny flexing lack-of-feets!

:lol:

YouTube Edition

Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Kalliope wrote:Polaris is home!!!!

I can scarcely believe it; this is the fastest turnaround I've ever had. Not that I usually petition for pet restores....

:hug: I am one happy hunter right now!

And he is abusing the hell out of PetEmote with appropriate messages, so once again, I feel vindicated.

VERY happy hunter!
Yup, I took your advice and put a ticket in - got a lovely GM who even waited on me to finish Council in LFR, so I could log out for him to restore them.

Ticket was only in for an hour and a half before they spoke to me - totally astounded, as most my tickets take over 2 days.

So now I have my Ankha/Gondy back - very happy hunter!

If there's anyone else out there worried about putting a ticket in I'd say go for it; I had no issues at all combined, with an extremely fast response time - I would guess they have someone just dedicated to just dealing with pet restores.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I was able to get my Loque Cirque back by putting in a ticket from the Blizzard website: support-->my tickets-->submit a ticket-->in-game issue-->abandoned something-->restoration for hunter pet.