More nerfs... and other changes.

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Re: More nerfs... and other changes.

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Junrei wrote:A guildie of mine reported to me that Blizz is thinking of removing Readiness all together cause people are still complaining about it. Anyone know of such is true? I hope not...
Hey, I've got an idea!
Let's go and keep complaining about frost mages/shadow priests/blood dks/(insert your personal worst enemy in pvp here). Maybe Blizz will remove them?

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Guys, I seriously suggest you all get to the PTR forums and post your thoughts and concerns in one of the many threads there. Heck, post in all of them. The worst thing you can do here is nothing. Things won't change if we don't speak up.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Junrei wrote:A guildie of mine reported to me that Blizz is thinking of removing Readiness all together cause people are still complaining about it. Anyone know of such is true? I hope not...
That actually would not be a bad idea, especially if they are limiting it to mainly defensive abilities.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Ickabob »

Slickrock wrote:
That actually would not be a bad idea, especially if they are limiting it to mainly defensive abilities.
It would make the opener less clunky for BM, but many have argued that this opener was what made the spec fun for some. Those same people also argue that knowing when to use readiness was a sign of skill and separated (for lack of better wordage) the noobs from the pros. We also still haven't seen this 'compensation' we've been promised yet.

What I'm hoping for is a buff to signature shots. Currently on the PTR, Arcane spamming and ignoring signatures is as good as (or better) then using our signature shots. This shouldn't be.
Slickrock

Ickabob wrote:
Slickrock wrote:
It would make the opener less clunky for BM, but many have argued that this opener was what made the spec fun for some. Those same people also argue that knowing when to use readiness was a sign of skill and separated (for lack of better wordage) the noobs from the pros. We also still haven't seen this 'compensation' we've been promised yet.

What I'm hoping for is a buff to signature shots. Currently on the PTR, Arcane spamming and ignoring signatures is as good as (or better) then using our signature shots. This shouldn't be.
That opener is what got us all nerfed to hell as well, since it was a huge frontloaded burst. Thus started the PVP QQ, and then the nerf factory.

I'm nagging GC about either boosting Stampede dps, or reducing the cooldown, because in it's current state a 5 min cooldown does not make sense.

Agree on the signature shots. However, for MM, a Aimed opener, Arcane spam in the middle, and then Aimed at the end makes the spec a lot more playable than a nerfed Arcane and Aimed as the focus dump.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Slickrock wrote:I'm nagging GC about either boosting Stampede dps, or reducing the cooldown, because in it's current state a 5 min cooldown does not make sense.

Agree on the signature shots. However, for MM, a Aimed opener, Arcane spam in the middle, and then Aimed at the end makes the spec a lot more playable than a nerfed Arcane and Aimed as the focus dump.
You should invite him to try a hunter out on PTR and see for himself what's going on.. What better way to understand the class. It would be faster than looking at numbers.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Ickabob »

Slickrock wrote:That opener is what got us all nerfed to hell as well, since it was a huge frontloaded burst. Thus started the PVP QQ, and then the nerf factory.
I'm well aware of this. Altering it to only effect defensive skills or removing it altogether would quell most of the PVP complaints in one fell swoop. Readiness cheesing allowed us to have three trinkets (with Bestial Wrath), double CC's (for powerful CC chains), almost full heals with double Exhilaration, double immunity (Deterrence), and as you stated, super burst by doubling up on our attacks. So yes, Readiness being altered or removed might not be so bad after all.
Deadblaster
Realm: Ragnaros,Ghostlands

Unread post by Deadblaster »

and now that BM is crap,stupid Blizz decides to start nerving survival's main source as well.
- Explosive Trap had its overall damage decreased by 30%. Proportionately, more damage has been removed from the initial damage than the periodic effect.
Blizz…enough with the overnerfs. SERIOUSLY. Just because BA and ET doesn't share cd's anymore. Its not a reason for nerfing either.
Slickrock

Ickabob wrote:
Slickrock wrote:That opener is what got us all nerfed to hell as well, since it was a huge frontloaded burst. Thus started the PVP QQ, and then the nerf factory.
I'm well aware of this. Altering it to only effect defensive skills or removing it altogether would quell most of the PVP complaints in one fell swoop. Readiness cheesing allowed us to have three trinkets (with Bestial Wrath), double CC's (for powerful CC chains), almost full heals with double Exhilaration, double immunity (Deterrence), and as you stated, super burst by doubling up on our attacks. So yes, Readiness being altered or removed might not be so bad after all.
Assuming that they compensate for the overall damage loss. But the burst loss is huge, because we can't take advantage of burn phases of fights, say the pools on Jink as example.
Slickrock

AdamSavage wrote:
Slickrock wrote:I'm nagging GC about either boosting Stampede dps, or reducing the cooldown, because in it's current state a 5 min cooldown does not make sense.

You should invite him to try a hunter out on PTR and see for himself what's going on.. What better way to understand the class. It would be faster than looking at numbers.
People who suggest that don't fare well, and are usually banned (or ignored). GC is quite prideful of the fact that they know the classes well, at least in their opinion.
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

Slickrock wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:

People who suggest that don't fare well, and are usually banned (or ignored). GC is quite prideful of the fact that they know the classes well, at least in their opinion.
Tough squit. If he actually knew the mechanics of the class, we wouldn't be screaming at the top of our lungs every patch. A few hunters are getting outright nasty with the devs on the forums, calling them out directly and basically challenging their roles...things are getting ugly.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Don't people know that if you get nasty and call out people and yell and be just plan old rude that that makes people not care? It never helps the situation it makes it worse. Better to stay calm and adult about these things!
Slickrock

cowmuflage wrote:Don't people know that if you get nasty and call out people and yell and be just plan old rude that that makes people not care? It never helps the situation it makes it worse. Better to stay calm and adult about these things!
Not to mention, the blues are getting downright snarky and nasty themselves in Twitter especially. GC has mentioned that he actively ignores anyone on Twitter that is "not constructive" and one of the blues tweets about how many people he/she has banned on the forums.

I imagine the forums are getting really nasty.

Question is, will they nerf more just to spite us, or actually relent some like they did with the locks.

Next few PTR patches should tell the tale.
AdamSavage

Slickrock wrote:People who suggest that don't fare well, and are usually banned (or ignored). GC is quite prideful of the fact that they know the classes well, at least in their opinion.
That's why you twitter it to him, and use a different account if you have to.

Lore replied to the thread, which will only draw even more attention to it.
Lore wrote:As I've mentioned before, we're still discussing Hunter concerns. When we have an update, we will share it.

Please do not mistake silence for ignorance; we're following the discussion closely, and your constructive feedback is extremely valuable as part of the testing process. If we didn't want to hear it, we wouldn't have a PTR Discussion Forum (or even a PTR) in the first place.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well they are right. If they did not want to hear it they would not have a discussion forum for it.
AdamSavage

Well atleast the blue reply brought the now two threads to the front page of Mmo Champion.

Dr. Who Video!

Slickrock

AdamSavage wrote:
Slickrock wrote:People who suggest that don't fare well, and are usually banned (or ignored). GC is quite prideful of the fact that they know the classes well, at least in their opinion.
That's why you twitter it to him, and use a different account if you have to.

Lore replied to the thread, which will only draw even more attention to it.
Lore wrote:As I've mentioned before, we're still discussing Hunter concerns. When we have an update, we will share it.

Please do not mistake silence for ignorance; we're following the discussion closely, and your constructive feedback is extremely valuable as part of the testing process. If we didn't want to hear it, we wouldn't have a PTR Discussion Forum (or even a PTR) in the first place.
Yeah, I suspect I may need to delete the account and create a new one, while I have been nice in my messages, I have also been nagging about things.
AdamSavage

Slickrock wrote:Yeah, I suspect I may need to delete the account and create a new one, while I have been nice in my messages, I have also been nagging about things.
Well if he expect people to treat him with respect, then he should give it back. Unless the person is flat out rude to him, then he doesn't need to be rude. Atleast here you don't have to hold back as much of what you think of him.

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

AdamSavage wrote:
Slickrock wrote:Yeah, I suspect I may need to delete the account and create a new one, while I have been nice in my messages, I have also been nagging about things.
Well if he expect people to treat him with respect, then he should give it back. Unless the person is flat out rude to him, then he doesn't need to be rude. Atleast here you don't have to hold back as much of what you think of him.

Thing is it can be really hard to be respectful when most of your comments you are getting are rude to you. I've been in that position a few times (A few times here in fact). It's not just his fault I think it's also ours too.

I've seen some really nice calm posts but I've also seen lots of nasty ones too. Don't just demand the Dev's to be respectful to us we have to do it back too. Ya know?

People need to chill on both sides! Don't post when your angry!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well atleast Lore isn't being a douche about all this. That gives me some teensy bit of hope.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine