10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Unread post by Wain »

Also, it's not intended that the knife remains after the sacrifice. It will probably be fixed, but for now it's handy for testing :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Ah, it was a cat heart. Well crap. I just figured since it dropped from a bear, it WAS a bear.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:52 am Ah, it was a cat heart. Well crap. I just figured since it dropped from a bear, it WAS a bear.
huh but you have one bear heart, or none at all ?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Apparently none. I swear it was a bear from over there, but in hindsight it is nowhere. I farmed the stags and bears only, because we already saw the cats at the time.

My Flight Rising lair

Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:15 am Apparently none. I swear it was a bear from over there, but in hindsight it is nowhere. I farmed the stags and bears only, because we already saw the cats at the time.
Well then I can stop hunting cats and bears haha.. Ahhh xD
Thanks for replying ^^
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I was debating on being quiet to be mildly inconvenient, but yeah. I logged on to the PTR, saw it was a cat dagger (I didn't look yesterday because I was frustrated about wasting HOURS), and felt I should probably own up to that lol. Oh well, it's early PTR. I'm sure the bears will drop their hearts soon (tm).

My Flight Rising lair

Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Sorry to ask, has anyone managed to try this method to tame drust bears?

Like https://www.wowhead.com/es/npc=134754/hyogi
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Those bears are not listed as tameable. The only tameable drust creatures are found in the Emerald Dream through the heart -> thorn -> dagger puzzle.

My Flight Rising lair

Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Tsukina »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:43 am Those bears are not listed as tameable.
There are no drust bears in the emerald dream?

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Tsukina wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:48 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:43 am Those bears are not listed as tameable.
There are no drust bears in the emerald dream?

If you go back one page, a secret puzzle has been unfolded by Aroim, about taming these drust in the emerald dream, the info is also on the first page of this forum, the bear is just bugged currently
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The brambleback bears (thornbeasts) just aren't tameable yet, because it looks like the required heart isn't dropping. This seems to just be an error that will be fixed, as bears in the Dream are dropping saber hearts by mistake. It's an easy mix-up to make, as the hearts are all identical except for one single word in their descriptions.

It also looks like the stag will only appear in one colour right now, because the NPC you use for a sacrifice also only appears in one colour. It looks like the sacrificial NPC is supposed to randomly appear in one of three colours, and that determines which colour of Argyr should appear.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Argyr's only colour, currently:

Argyr.png
Argyr.png (968.92 KiB) Viewed 19050 times
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Tsukina »

Wain wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:55 am The brambleback bears (thornbeasts) just aren't tameable yet, because it looks like the required heart isn't dropping. This seems to just be an error that will be fixed, as bears in the Dream are dropping saber hearts by mistake. It's an easy mix-up to make, as the hearts are all identical except for one single word in their descriptions.
Okay, I was thinking that, that the hearts that the bears threw by mistake meant that they should actually throw bear hearts.

But maybe not, they throw them by mistake but it doesn't mean they should throw bear heart.

One question, Wain, I ask permission to translate your text and put your images in the Spanish wow forum, can I?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tsukina wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:15 am
Wain wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:55 am The brambleback bears (thornbeasts) just aren't tameable yet, because it looks like the required heart isn't dropping. This seems to just be an error that will be fixed, as bears in the Dream are dropping saber hearts by mistake. It's an easy mix-up to make, as the hearts are all identical except for one single word in their descriptions.
Okay, I was thinking that, that the hearts that the bears threw by mistake meant that they should actually throw bear hearts.

But maybe not, they throw them by mistake but it doesn't mean they should throw bear heart.

One question, Wain, I ask permission to translate your text and put your images in the Spanish wow forum, can I?
Sure :)

And your idea was a good one, but I'm pretty sure that the bears are meant to be tamed the same way as the others. All the files are there and it's just a mistake that the heart isn't dropping in this build.

This is the first build where hearts have been dropping, so it's not surprising that it's not all working right yet. Not all updates make it in time for the build deadline.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Tsukina »

Post created.

Then when it's complete (whether the info on the bears comes out or not), I'll create the topic in the hunters subforum (like with Gaara).

For now I put it in the "offtopic" post until I make it to its final site.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/es/wow/t ... 29769/4102

PS: I know that the Spanish forum is small, and has little activity, I'm sorry xd
Last edited by Tsukina on Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Little activity isn't zero activity. I'm sure the few who do browse that forum will be happy to have the information.

My Flight Rising lair

Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Quiv wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:46 pm
Wain wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:25 pm Good lord, you're alive! Great to see you again :)

Thanks heaps for the map! I know Aroim has also traced Sul'raka's path since it was fixed today, but I'm not sure if Aroim has drawn a map yet. Hopefully it'll match yours. I'll try to get a map added to the notes for the NPC.
:lol: :lol: Yeah! I've lurked from time to time, especially around patches, but yeah life (and Shadowlands) happened, and I don't play as much anymore (plus playing alts more). I do enjoy a good tracking tame though.

My map is Windows Paint trash lol so feel free to use Aroim's or any other creation instead of mine, won't hurt my feelings at all! Whatever is best to help the community, cuz I know many still find these tracking tames tricky.
Looks perfect to me, I probably couldn't do it better :D
I filmed the path, but hadn't the time/head to draw a map ^^
Last edited by Aroim on Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tsukina wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:10 pm Post created.

Then when it's complete (whether the info on the bears comes out or not), I'll create the topic in the hunters subforum (like with Gaara).

For now I put it in the "offtopic" post until I make it to its final site.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/es/wow/t ... 29769/4102

PS: I know that the Spanish forum is small, and has little activity, I'm sorry xd
That''s awesome, thanks for getting the word out! :)
Kööna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin - US

Unread post by Kööna »

I'm so happy about the Drust creatures!
I managed to get the deer and the cat.
Also, you don't have to wait for 7PM to come around in order to be able to interact with Athainne. I was able to turn my Thorn-Laden Hearts into Moontouched Thorns while she was hiding behind the well in Ulfar's Den at around 10:30 AM (server time). She DOES disappear for a good amount of time after 7PM though.... 🤷‍♀️
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Oh wow. She was not there when I was spamming my macro to target her when I wasted all those hours. Currently 8:49 AM realm time as I post this, and I see here there now. I want to say I went there around 10:30-10:40 AM realm time when I was seeing where/when she spawned last time, but my /tar macro never picked her up and she was never there. Perhaps it's different every day or few days? Or maybe I just missed her when I got there last time.

EDIT: My sub ran out right as I posted this lol.

My Flight Rising lair