Rant Thread

Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Worba »

Xakaal wrote:my room is too small for a space heater but he says that electric is retartedly more expensive then heating which is one of the reasons why im not allowed to use my heater.
That's baloney - the whole point of a space heater is to restrict heating just to one small area. I mean for a given square foot of space, a space heater is no more efficient than any other kind (although it's certainly no worse either), but the idea obviously is that with a space heater you're just heating like a 5-10' radius, rather than every room on the floor.

If your stepdad's so certain of his facts, I would suggest you average say the last 3 months of heating bills (during which time you haven't run the space heater), and agree to pay him the difference if it goes above that due to your using the space heater in your room.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Worba wrote:
Xakaal wrote:my room is too small for a space heater but he says that electric is retartedly more expensive then heating which is one of the reasons why im not allowed to use my heater.
That's baloney - the whole point of a space heater is to restrict heating just to one small area. I mean for a given square foot of space, a space heater is no more efficient than any other kind (although it's certainly no worse either), but the idea obviously is that with a space heater you're just heating like a 5-10' radius, rather than every room on the floor.

If your stepdad's so certain of his facts, I would suggest you average say the last 3 months of heating bills (during which time you haven't run the space heater), and agree to pay him the difference if it goes above that due to your using the space heater in your room.
Agreed on this. Space heaters hardly use up electricity that much.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

It's so hot today I'm wearing a bikini top inside XD
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Worba wrote:

nono, the heater i was talking about that i call a space heater (not the one i bought, i call that a mini heater) is large and exposed, i have too much clutter in my room and too much furniture. I have the cats litterbox, scratching post, food and water bowls, a double bed, a desk with chair, two small dressers, tamika's cage, a tv, and a hope chest. the room hardly spans 8 feet in width and about 15 feet in length so theres hardly any walking space to put a heater the size of the one that i was mentioning. the one i bought is only a foot tall and a foot wide.

And yes its absolutely retarded that he thinks my little heater which he admits is an amazingly powerful heater is going to rake up the bills and burn the whole apartment down. for gods sake im not going to leave it on 24/7. im not even going to leave it plugged in when its not in use. i dont want the cat accidently switching it on. it has a pressure point on the bottom too and automatically shuts off if its lifted up and wont turn back on until the pressure point is pressed down again.

my bf's room has never been warmer at night until he got his. its a blessing to over there since they dont have heat registers but rather one single dial that controls the entire house tempature. mom always keeps it turned off and they also live on the first floor, above their underground so its always frigid cold at night or during the winter. specially cause they only have carpets in the bedrooms. while we do have dials in each room for our heat registers, i figured it'd be less expensive to use a small heater rather then the big large one built into the wall but he wont let me plug it in so all i can do is go ho-hum. >.>

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

You don't even need one as big as a 1' x 1' for a room like that - like I said get a 6" Titan and it'll cover your needs easily. It's perfectly safe, easy to carry around if you're moving from the bed to the PC or etc, and it's certainly not going to raise your heating bill, but either way as long as you agree to pay the difference if it *does* go up, I can't really see any logical grounds for your stepdad objecting... :?
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

he's already biatched at me enough for spending $30 on what i thought would save us money, i dont have the finances to buy another one, i still gotta pay the last 1k of my course fee, i havent worked in 2 years now, and im gonna have to clear out my chequing account to pay the course fee so i can still continue to get the 5% interest rate on my savings. i also am sick of always fighting. i hate rolling over like a dog but i just plain out give up. its not all that cold during the day now that the major brunt of winter seems to be leaving us, i'll just keep my blinds and curtains closed to keep heat from going through the window (tho i'll open them when its sunny so janie can sunbathe, she ignores the window anyways when it rains) and just have the heat on at night. ive been using the heat in both day and night cause it would all get sucked out the window or my bedroom door but i'll have to be more keen to make sure to shut my door after stepdad leaves my room with it completely ajar with no care at all for the fact that when he entered, it was closed, and didnt think that maybe perhaps id like it to be closed again.

i just wish that i didnt have to deal with this nonsense. its stressful and its not worth it. i hate people. i hate working with people. i hate being dependant on people. i feel like a child all over again since i depend on people to help me get around and am thus not able to go anywhere until they are ready or if they are ready before i am, have to rush and often forget or lose important things because i had to rush and wasnt able to think straight with someone yelling in my ear every blasted second.

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

(Rant not to anyone on these forums.)

Left out again like always.

Is it so hard to show compassion these days? I thought you might have changed. Looks like I was mistaken. You wouldn't even speak to me today. No sorry. No I forgot. You just ignored me. We made plans together. You invited ME to come, then pretended like I didn't exist when I even came early.

Nobody cares about me. All my "friends" have left. You just did the same. Screw you.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

The day after I got a job interview, I can't log in to my hotmail account anymore. Luckily i remembered the time and replied on another account but... I have no clue what's wrong, I haven't changed it! I hope they cqn sort it out because I also don't know my answer to the secret question..... why couldn't it be favorite pet?
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Stupid 5999/6000 friendly cap on lunar coin faction rep - Blizz is old world rep really still SO SUPER SPECIAL that gaining an extra 4k per year is a problem? :evil:

/fume
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Ugh just woke up to find that it went from super hot yesterday to bloody cold and rainy today MAKE YOUR BLOODY FUCKING MIND UP WEATHER!
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

the vet i was talking to (not my usual vet) just hung up on me! he was janie's vet and was looking after her URI and was a total jerk on the phone when i was asked how much the test and medicine was, he kept making excuses as to why he couldnt call me back earlier when ive been waiting 3 hours to talk to him and why he cant go on his computer and look up the pricing which isnt that hard to do, ive seen him look things up before and it literally, depending on what hes looking for, can take half a minute to 2 minutes tops. so aggravating.

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

*hugs Xakaal* Submit a complaint against him, your cats sound like they're part of your family. I wouldn't put up with it.

Now, my rant.
This whole video that's going around of this guy shooting his daughter's laptop? Yeah, completely triggering for me. If my father had owned a gun, he probably would have done the same. My parents completely power tripped my entire life when I was growing up. They invaded my privacy, they removed my bedroom doors, and in the later years I lived with them in the middle of nowhere, they'd turn off the modem in the middle of conversations with my then-boyfriend-now-husband (who lived in the UK while I was in the States). I can't help but use facebook during this time and I'm pure ranting against this guy, wishing I could rant at my father, but there's a REASON I've not spoken to my family in the states for over a year now! I have some cousins on facebook and they're all ''ITS OPINION'' and I'm like NO BITCH ITS FACT. No one believes me (aside from my best friend) when I tell them stories of what my parents did to me..! I just wanna go AGJGHHDGIHDBGUG and scream at them and telling them what happened.. it's a HORRIBLE feeling when no one believes you...!

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Stupid, twatty parents. :(

*massive hugs* :hug:

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Nili wrote:*hugs Xakaal* Submit a complaint against him, your cats sound like they're part of your family. I wouldn't put up with it.

Now, my rant.
This whole video that's going around of this guy shooting his daughter's laptop? Yeah, completely triggering for me. If my father had owned a gun, he probably would have done the same. My parents completely power tripped my entire life when I was growing up. They invaded my privacy, they removed my bedroom doors, and in the later years I lived with them in the middle of nowhere, they'd turn off the modem in the middle of conversations with my then-boyfriend-now-husband (who lived in the UK while I was in the States). I can't help but use facebook during this time and I'm pure ranting against this guy, wishing I could rant at my father, but there's a REASON I've not spoken to my family in the states for over a year now! I have some cousins on facebook and they're all ''ITS OPINION'' and I'm like NO BITCH ITS FACT. No one believes me (aside from my best friend) when I tell them stories of what my parents did to me..! I just wanna go AGJGHHDGIHDBGUG and scream at them and telling them what happened.. it's a HORRIBLE feeling when no one believes you...!
*super hugs* :hug:

The vet called back and i immediately handed the phone to my stepdad when it was on hold and oh man... the guy will probably run screaming if we walk in the front door again. Stepdad didnt step out of line in any way but the tone. oooohhhh :lol: we got the names of a nose drop and another type of medication but to be perfectly honest, she stopped coughing when she stopped sneezing. now that shes sneezing shes coughing. once the mucus problem has been kicked i think she'll be perfectly healthy again. she has no discharge coming from her eyes and she was doing really well till that really cold night so i think shes kicked everything except the runny nose.

But man, this only reinforces my hate of dealing with people. i really really hate bullcrap.

Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

Nili I <3 you. I hate that you had to go through so much of that... :(

My rant: For God sake, call me.

Yes, you.

><

CALL ME.

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

You know what pisses me off? The fact people don't know that Manga = comic, Anime = short for animation. There not any differnt from western stuff AT ALL. I don't care what some little otaku who does not know anything about animation says they are the same thing. They aren't drawing styles, they are forms of media.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Hello, high and mighty. Get your assface off your pedestal.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

i had nightmares about zombie grey persian kittens with huge blue eyes that would stare into your sooooul.. it was awful.. i hate zombies, but these were kittens, all i could do was run away.. even tho i had a weapon i didnt want to hurt them cause they still mewed like normal kittens ;^;

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Miyon wrote:Hello, high and mighty. Get your assface off your pedestal.
That better not be a reply to my post :lol: it's proberly not but it's allso hard to tell. :P
Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

I'm so sick of these headaches. Please, fuck off. Just for one day.

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."