More nerfs... and other changes.

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: More nerfs... and other changes.

Unread post by Slickrock »

Junrei wrote:Lore actually hasn't been snarky. He's the only one that hasn't.
When he first got there he went overboard.. lately he hasn't said anything of substance..

(Speaking of which, probably going to unfollow Mumper, all his tweets are related to drinking or AnimalCrossing.. O.o )
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well he's sorta new so...I guess I cut him a little slack. The only post I saw of him, he was civil.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

*gigglesnort*

LisaaraPokefarm

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

oy, the worst part is I've been sitting here singing the damned song since you posted that! LOL

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

AdamSavage

Sukurachi wrote:oy, the worst part is I've been sitting here singing the damned song since you posted that! LOL
I'm half tempted to post it on the Readiness Nerf thread. I would likely get form banned, and really stir the pot by doing so.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

Lore replied again, and it was to his own quote that someone else quoted.
Lore wrote:I said this 5 days ago, before a holiday weekend. We haven't somehow jumped ahead several weeks in development while everyone's been out of the office.

I know it can be frustrating to be patient, but that's just how our development process works. We're still pretty early in that process. As I've mentioned before, balance tuning typically takes place towards the end of the PTR cycle. Hunter sustained DPS in the wake of the Readiness nerf is a concern that we're well aware of and fully intend to fix -- when we get to that point.
Ghostcrawler wrote:@goingFISHing696 @Gridlock643 So how much damage do you think Stampede needs to do to be fair?

Dr. Who Video!

Slickrock

AdamSavage wrote:Lore replied again, and it was to his own quote that someone else quoted.
Lore wrote:I said this 5 days ago, before a holiday weekend. We haven't somehow jumped ahead several weeks in development while everyone's been out of the office.

I know it can be frustrating to be patient, but that's just how our development process works. We're still pretty early in that process. As I've mentioned before, balance tuning typically takes place towards the end of the PTR cycle. Hunter sustained DPS in the wake of the Readiness nerf is a concern that we're well aware of and fully intend to fix -- when we get to that point.
Ghostcrawler wrote:@goingFISHing696 @Gridlock643 So how much damage do you think Stampede needs to do to be fair?
You beat me to it...

Also, note Lore's words.. "hunter sustained DPS in the wake of the nerf"...

Which means, we ain't getting our burst back, but we will likely get buffs to standard rotation elements instead.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I do think people need to be patient. But who am I kidding since when have wow players been patient?
Tunderbrew
Realm: Zangarmarsh

Unread post by Tunderbrew »

Lore's latest response seems to further indicate that GC thinks we're mechanically sound(unless said mechanics have a perceived negative impact on PvP balance) and we'll be getting the expected last minute band-aid tuning. What was the point in having feedback forums again? Oh yes, generic placation.(unless you're a Warlock or Paladin) -_-
For Ironforge!
Warcraft Pets
AdamSavage

Damn it... Now I have that song stuck in my head..

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

Another Reply from Lore, bringing the thread back to front page of Mmo Champion. This shows they are reading the posts regularly.
Lore wrote:For clarity: we know there are other issues than just Readiness. Arcane Shot vs Kill Command is one such issue that, again, we intend to fix. I will make sure to bring up the other concerns to the team as well.

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

cowmuflage wrote:I do think people need to be patient. But who am I kidding since when have wow players been patient?
I agree 1000x

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

And there it is, our new interupt.
Counter Shot is now a baseline interrupt ability learned by all Hunters at level 22.

Silencing Shot is no longer a talent and is now an ability that replaces Counter Shot for Marksman Hunters.
As P'Dawg once said...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101588 ... e-7_8_2013

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Slickrock

Also a wall of blue from Lore...
Lore
Community Manager
Alright, I have a few updates, followed by a request. Here’s what the developers are currently thinking about several of the issues brought up in this thread:

Regarding Stampede: We’re happy with the damage it’s currently putting out in PvP. For PvE, we’re planning to buff its damage pretty heavily, so it becomes a substantially more potent DPS cooldown. We don’t want to give it any more utility than it has now, for reasons we’ve explained at length already.

Readiness is still under heavy discussion, and we haven’t made a final decision on what we’re going to do with it in 5.4. At the moment, we’re leaning towards just removing the ability entirely and giving the affected abilities shorter cooldowns or charges to compensate. If we end up taking that route, we will buff Hunter damage (most likely across the board, not just specific abilities), but as I mentioned, we’re still discussing.

Murder of Crows vs Blink strike is also still under heavy discussion. Our goal (with all talents) is that active abilities used properly will outperform passive ones. We haven’t decided yet what adjustments we’ll make to achieve that in 5.4.

Scatter/Silencing Shot: We don’t consider interrupts to be mandatory in PvE. If a Hunter would rather not take the Glyph of Scattered Thoughts, there are plenty of other players in the raid who could take on the responsibility. We like Silencing Shot as a Marksman perk overall, but we’re still discussing things. We may end up making a baseline Interrupting Shot that gets upgraded to Silencing Shot if you spec Marksman.

Speaking of spec differences, we agree that Hunter rotations feel cooler when your signature shots do a lot more damage than other shots, and we’ll discuss that some more. That’s part of the reasoning behind the Arcane Shot changes – our hope is that saving up more Focus for a bigger hit will feel better than firing off smaller shots more regularly.

As to overall Hunter performance and utility, we don’t think the issues are with the Hunter class specifically. Instead, we think that certain other classes are overperforming (in both) at the moment. Fixing those outliers will, in turn, make a good Hunter more attractive for their raid spot. You may have seen some (but not all) changes along those lines on the PTR already.

Pet pathing errors are unfortunately extremely difficult to fix. A lot of the time, the problem isn’t with the pet AI but with the environment or encounter. That means there’s no blanket fix here; we have to resolve every such error individually. When reporting these problems, it’s most helpful to be very specific. “My pet has trouble getting to the boss during this phase transition on this encounter” allows us to reproduce the issue and come up with a fix. “My pet is dumb” does not.

Which brings me to my request. This thread has a lot of great feedback put together by a good handful of Hunters who just want their class to be fun – which is amazing! The issue is that, in order to find those helpful posts, we have to dig through hundreds of other posts that contain no helpful information whatsoever (and instead focus on how class X got more blue posts this week, or employee Y must just hate Hunters, etc.). There’s always going to be some of that, and we expect as much, but this thread has been particularly out of hand.

I’m not bringing that up because it hurts my feelings or whatever. That sort of thing doesn’t really affect me. I’m bringing it up because it makes it incredibly difficult for us to figure out what you’re actually upset about. When we have to sift through so much noise just to find something we can actually bring up in our meetings and discuss, the end result is that we have less to talk about in our meetings. I’m sure there are still some concerns that I didn’t address above – if that’s the case, it’s 100% because they got lost in the pile. That sucks.

So please, try to keep things constructive. You’re only hurting yourselves and your fellow Hunters otherwise. :)
Slickrock

But sadly reading the posts by the asshats after his, it's either hunter hate, hunter noobs, or hunters that want the class so difficult to play that only "they" can play it... If I was a dev reading all that I'd just delete the class.

Edit: I would also suggest that everyone who is on the PTR go ahead and try out that new shot, and see if it gives us what we need for taming and for the Panderia rares.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

This is good. This was the news I needed after being depressed.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I didn't see the "interrupting shot" on the PTR yet, but by their wording, its a "might do" thing atm.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Quivering wrote:I didn't see the "interrupting shot" on the PTR yet, but by their wording, its a "might do" thing atm.
That was my guess to when I originally read Lores post, but then I found counter shot in the new PTR patch notes.
General

Arcane Shot had its damage and focus cost increased by 50%.
Counter Shot is now a baseline interrupt ability learned by all Hunters at level 22.
Explosive Trap had its overall damage decreased by 30%. Proportionately, more damage has been removed from the initial damage than the periodic effect.
Hunter's Mark now has a duration of 20 seconds while in PvP combat (down from 30 seconds).
Readiness now finishes the cooldowns on Rapid Fire, Feign Death, Deterrence, Disengage, and Camouflage when activated (was all Hunter abilities with a base cooldown of less than 5 minutes).
Revive Pet no longer requires the Hunter to have line-of-sight to their pet.

Talents

Aspect of the Iron Hawk now reduces all damage taken by 10%, down from 15%.
Narrow Escape's root effect is now a nature spell (was a physical spell).
Silencing Shot is no longer a talent and is now an ability that replaces Counter Shot for Marksman Hunters.
Spirit Bond now regenerates 3% of total health every 2 seconds while the Hunter's pet is active (up from 2%).
Wyvern Sting now has a range of 40 yards (up from 35 yards).

Glyphs

Glyph of Mend Pet now has a 100% chance of cleansing 1 Curse, Disease, Magic or Poison effect from the Hunter's pet on each tick (up from 50% chance).
Glyph of No Escape now increases the ranged critical strike chance against targets affected by the Hunter's Freezing Trap by 100% (up from 20% chance).

Marksman

Binding Shot is no longer a Marksman Hunter ability and is once again a talent.

Survival

Explosive Trap no longer shares a cooldown with Black Arrow but can no longer activate Lock and Load.
which by the looks of it, it they are going to test it on the PTR and see how it goes, fingers crossed :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I won't be renewing because of other PTR changes, but I find the newest change hilarious.

Cause you know, I TOTALLY didn't suggest a baseline "Interrupting Shot" that becomes SIlencing Shot MONTHS ago multiple times, including once to Ghostcrawler on twitter. Which he replied to as being essentially never going to happen.

-.- I love Blizzard's PR.