Shiny New Engineering Gun ~

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Shiny New Engineering Gun ~

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Jessibelle wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:It's probaly not ment to be an epic. 4.2 is still early. I'm guessing another 3-4 months of testing..(I hope. Don't want it rushed)
Dont hold your breath. They're looking to push it out very soon.
*facepalm* They haven't fixed all the bugs from 4.1 yet.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

SgtMakkie wrote:Nice gun, shame some people don't understand the mechanics of their own class.
Aye. :( It's annoying reading people who fail to comprehend that weapon damage is *Gasp* useful.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Saturo wrote:
SgtMakkie wrote:Nice gun, shame some people don't understand the mechanics of their own class.
Aye. :( It's annoying reading people who fail to comprehend that weapon damage is *Gasp* useful.
I don't see anyone saying it wasn't useful. I was pointing out the huge flaw in it, which it's sad to see a select few refusing to recognize the fact that other stats matter besides weapon damage. I'm glad the majority recognize this gun's major flaw. :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

*FACEPALM* Please come back talu when you understand the mechanic's of why that is important. It's not a big upgrade, but that difference matters!

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Jessibelle wrote:
Cialbi wrote:*sigh* Upgrading from Kickback to this will make Aimed Shot hit almost 20% harder; same with auto shot. And those aren't even the only shots affected (though they do get the most benefit compared to other shots).
I'm BM. I don't used Aimed Shot so thats not helpful. ^^;
Nit picking and showing you understand nothing of hunter mechanic's is really kinda poor. As BM your main shots (most often used) are cobra and auto shot. Please explain to me how an increase in weapon damage, which means your shots hit harder is going to be bad?

:roll:

Rise above these types of comments talu, they do you no service and only continue to show a side of you that comes over as arrogant and kinda ignorant of people that might understand the class they play very well.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh hey, I totally missed this thread. Thanks, SB, that's a nifty gun! :) Now I don't have to feel bad about sitting on chaos orbs. Having dropped down to way past casual status, having this gun at my fingertips is a lovely option.

My guess is that the stats haven't all been buffed yet. Blizz probably just copied the existing gun and either forgot to upgrade the other stats or someone typoed while copying and only the one upgrade got copied.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:Oh hey, I totally missed this thread. Thanks, SB, that's a nifty gun! :) Now I don't have to feel bad about sitting on chaos orbs. Having dropped down to way past casual status, having this gun at my fingertips is a lovely option.

My guess is that the stats haven't all been buffed yet. Blizz probably just copied the existing gun and either forgot to upgrade the other stats or someone typoed while copying and only the one upgrade got copied.
I hope its a bigger upgrade cause weapon damage does nothing if the rest of the stats are equivalent to that of the Kickback. I've down this to a few other hunters on my server and they said they'd not take it over the Kickback. While the weapon damage is an immense upgrade, it's not the end all decision for an upgrade. That's one of the last things you look at. Agility is the first. Agility, Crit, Haste, Weapon Damage.

I wish Chaos orbs were BoE though.

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Kalliope wrote:Oh hey, I totally missed this thread. Thanks, SB, that's a nifty gun! :) Now I don't have to feel bad about sitting on chaos orbs. Having dropped down to way past casual status, having this gun at my fingertips is a lovely option.

Yeah I was thinking the the stats were possibly a little low too, but then thought well the socket bonus is 20 agi, so if you gem it with something like a Deadly Ember Topaz, thats another 40 Agi and 20 Crit to add on top which certainly brings the agi up to 114 as well as everything else. This seems to have been an over site within some on the discussion however.

But like I said before, it's a BOE so a fresh lvl 85 could equip it as soon as they ding... and if it had the same stats as say, the firelands crossbow which one would have to kill a firelands boss to acquire, it would be a bit disheartening if the stats were too comparable in my opinion. My self I can't wait to make myself one of these bad boys, I don't care how bad it looks, It's defiantly a lot better then my Dragonheart Piercer I have atm. :D Pew pew!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spiritbinder wrote:

Yeah I was thinking the the stats were possibly a little low too, but then thought well the socket bonus is 20 agi, so if you gem it with something like a Deadly Ember Topaz, thats another 40 Agi and 20 Crit to add on top which certainly brings the agi up to 114 as well as everything else. This seems to have been an over site within some on the discussion however.

But like I said before, it's a BOE so a fresh lvl 85 could equip it as soon as they ding... and if it had the same stats as say, the firelands crossbow which one would have to kill a firelands boss to acquire, it would be a bit disheartening if the stats were too comparable in my opinion. My self I can't wait to make myself one of these bad boys, I don't care how bad it looks, It's defiantly a lot better then my Dragonheart Piercer I have atm. :D Pew pew!
Yeah. I was saying if they fixed the stats, it'd be an incredible epic. :3 It should have maybe like 90 agility rather than 74. Something more on par with the epics rather than being nearly identical to the Kickback.

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Jessibelle wrote: I've down this to a few other hunters on my server and they said they'd not take it over the Kickback. While the weapon damage is an immense upgrade, it's not the end all decision for an upgrade. That's one of the last things you look at. Agility is the first. Agility, Crit, Haste, Weapon Damage.

Well your right about the Agi being one of our better stats, but the gain "Vs" loss with the right gemming is.

+ 107 Wep Damage
+13 Crit
+73 Mastery
-42 Haste
- 11 Agi

Not sure if 11 Agi is worth the loss some rather nice +'s in other areas.

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Jessibelle wrote: I've down this to a few other hunters on my server and they said they'd not take it over the Kickback. While the weapon damage is an immense upgrade, it's not the end all decision for an upgrade. That's one of the last things you look at. Agility is the first. Agility, Crit, Haste, Weapon Damage.

Well your right about the Agi being one of our better stats, but the gain "Vs" loss with the right gemming is.

+ 107 Wep Damage
+13 Crit
+73 Mastery
-42 Haste
- 11 Agi

Not sure if 11 Agi is worth the loss some rather nice +'s in other areas.

Yeah see, the rest is grand but the loss of Agility, even a smidge, is very hurtful, imho. The haste lost sucks but not that big of a deal(unless maybe if you're MM). Mastery isn't really major so eh. But the weap damage and crit increase is nice. Personally I feel they could be better. Maybe make it 90 or 100 Agil rather than 74 Agil. I know EJ says wep damage is important, however, even top raiding guilds dont pay much mind to EJ anymore, least on my server, as their information is either outdated or too much into theorycrafting. :) So anything they say should truthfully be taken at face value/with a grain of salt. I tried to find anything on weapon damage on WHU but they mention nothing about it(unless somehow I missed it). They just say Agility, Hit, Crit, Haste are the mains. Mastery I think it only good for SV hunters. A druid friend of mine thinks this might be more of a warriors gun(Fury) or perhaps a Rogue.
Last edited by Lisaara on Wed May 11, 2011 5:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

LisaaraPokefarm

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Quoted directly from EJ: The subforum is irrelevant as it applies to all spec's

Range DPS > ALL

"This stat only applies to ranged weapons. Of all pieces of hunter gear, our ranged weapon is by far the highest contributor to our DPS, and the reason is the amount of DPS done by the weapon. An increase in Range DPS is much greater than an increase in other stats. Because of this, a higher item level ranged weapon will generally provide more DPS than a lower item level range weapon regardless of the stats on both (although some exceptions may exist)."

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Jessibelle wrote: Yeah see, the rest is grand but the loss of Agility, even a smidge, is very hurtful, imho. The haste lost sucks but not that big of a deal(unless maybe if you're MM). Mastery isn't really major so eh. But the weap damage and crit increase is nice. Personally I feel they could be better. Maybe make it 90 or 100 Agil rather than 74 Agil.

/sigh...

See that where you and I differ, I play MM, you play BM so don't come in here and tell me/us that I/we are wrong and you are right.... again, same old story, it's getting so very very old.

Stop spreading miss information. I understand you have your own opinion on this, but it does not make it right for everyone, or anyone for that matter.

Ranged Weapon DPS >> Agility > Crit > Haste >= Mastery >> Stamina

It is important to note and keep in mind that the value and priority of the secondary stats (Crit, Haste, Mastery) can and will change based upon your individual gear and current stats.

Ranged Weapon DPS
Because of the way that Marksman Hunter's primary shots are built to scale with weapon damage, our Ranged Weapon is by far our largest contributor to our DPS. You will see a larger DPS increase from your Ranged Weapon DPS than an increase from any other stat. It is for this reason that Marksman Hunters value a higher item level ranged weapon even if it has inferior stats such as Resilience.

Agility
Agility is our number one stat outside of Ranged Weapon DPS. This is the stat that you will find on all of our Mail gear. This is the stat that Hunters want to stack. Agility will affect the amount of DPS each shot does as well as how often that shot can crit. Agility provides both Attack Power and Critical Strike rating.

The most hilarious thing is you come in here spouting numbers like you know better and have actually done any really Cata raiding? You've barely scratched the surface, what experience and knowledge do you have to substantiate any of you claims of knowing whats best. Of all the new raid bosses in Cata, you've killed what ...one? (and no BH loot pinyata does not count, you can pug that blind!) You've done Nothing!

You provide no information, just "I know best, your wrong /endthread" augments, you take no ones positive or well constructed feedback on board, your just so full of yourself and your little option, it makes me gag.

We GG Talu, I for one am not participating in another thread that you have managed to come into a turn in to a steaming pile with your arrogance.

Enjoy the rest of the thread guys, I'm done!

­
­
­
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

But wow was made for Talu !!! Just like CCP made EVE for BOB! (sorry only a few of you might get that, but it is so very apt!)

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I never once said I was 100% right and everyone else was wrong. So believe what you like. A lot of the information I'm saying I got from here or others. If I'm wrong, rather than being snooty, you could just nicely correct me and link me where I'm wrong rather than get an attitude and act like I'm some sort of curse. Kindness goes a long way. Try it sometime. :)

I've tried four bosses(Magmaw, Wind Council dudes, Halfus, and Valiona/Theralion). The guild I raided with only downed one at the time. So I'm not dumb when it comes to raiding. I never said I was the best. Seriously, this hostility is silly. I've been civil so atleast I know I didn't start the hostility. I'm glad some here were able to have a civil conversation with me without claiming false things.

LisaaraPokefarm

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ranged Weapon DPS >> Agility > Crit > Haste >= Mastery >> Stamina

It is important to note and keep in mind that the value and priority of the secondary stats (Crit, Haste, Mastery) can and will change based upon your individual gear and current stats.

Ranged Weapon DPS
Because of the way that Marksman Hunter's primary shots are built to scale with weapon damage, our Ranged Weapon is by far our largest contributor to our DPS. You will see a larger DPS increase from your Ranged Weapon DPS than an increase from any other stat. It is for this reason that Marksman Hunters value a higher item level ranged weapon even if it has inferior stats such as Resilience.

Agility
Agility is our number one stat outside of Ranged Weapon DPS. This is the stat that you will find on all of our Mail gear. This is the stat that Hunters want to stack. Agility will affect the amount of DPS each shot does as well as how often that shot can crit. Agility provides both Attack Power and Critical Strike rating.
^^This is correct stat priority.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

I'm sure that the stats and model for this are placeholders. I don't care, it'll finally be nice to be a dwarf using a gun once again! :twisted: Heck, it'll be nice to have a use for those Chaos Orbs that have been rotting in my bags.
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

Goblins need guns, this snake bow just isn't LOUD enough for Shanzy. :D

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Jessibelle wrote:I never once said I was 100% right and everyone else was wrong. So believe what you like. A lot of the information I'm saying I got from here or others. If I'm wrong, rather than being snooty, you could just nicely correct me and link me where I'm wrong rather than get an attitude and act like I'm some sort of curse. Kindness goes a long way. Try it sometime. :)

I've tried four bosses(Magmaw, Wind Council dudes, Halfus, and Valiona/Theralion). The guild I raided with only downed one at the time. So I'm not dumb when it comes to raiding. I never said I was the best. Seriously, this hostility is silly. I've been civil so atleast I know I didn't start the hostility. I'm glad some here were able to have a civil conversation with me without claiming false things.
If you practiced what you preach, at this point, instead of taking thing so personally and getting all defensive, you'd say "oh, I didn't consider that". That's kind and civil. Try it sometime. ;)

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

The difference in stats is noticeable but at the same time it's not a large amount. I think the weapon damage alone makes up for the lack of stats on the gun really.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!