Mountain Horse Mount Special!!

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Re: Mountain Horse Mount Special!!

Unread post by Aleu »

D'aww. The Horde is limited on Pony's. =( I want a Pony on my Horde besides my Argent Warhorse.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Aleu wrote:D'aww. The Horde is limited on Pony's. =( I want a Pony on my Horde besides my Argent Warhorse.
Now now. Dont start that. XD Horde had their trikes. Alliance had nothing for awhile. xD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

I like the fact that Bliz did something new with these mounts, though I did get a little laugh out of it.
I always pictured the /mountspecial (or space bar for grounded mounts) to be somewhat of their version of a battle cry. So, I got the weird image of the alliance lining up for battle. Sabers roar, rams and horses rear up, elekes trumpet, robo birds ...well clank then
worgen horese "oooh grass! Nom nom nom!"
Not so impressive when charging into battle, but cute :)

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

The grazing motion isnt an idle? its the mount special? awe ._. thats sad.. but at the same time nice cause i dont gotta wait for it to tip its head down for a screenie or if i was RPing with it in the field or if i just wanted to watch it graze xD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Ebonrook
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by Ebonrook »

Well, that's a nice little addition, sure... I'm still not entirely thrilled over the concept of whipping out a bunch of "new models" (that have been in the game files since day one, practically) to appease the mount collectors. I still would've wanted to see an actual new skin or perhaps a stockier version like a drafthorse.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

i would of liked to see them a bit rougher, a bit more rugged since gilneas is somewhat rough country and these are 'mountain' horses but.. the grazing.. i have no major quarrels anymore if it means i get a grazing horse >.> i have obsessed over seeing wild horse npc's graze around hillsbrad since they were put there.. it looks so cool it baffled me when i saw that why the mounts didnt have that as an idle. Im just glad the patch only just entered the PTR, it means i'll be all the closer to completing my animal wrangling course when the till the patch goes live xD the things im seeing are making me super excited to see 4.3

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ebonrook wrote:Well, that's a nice little addition, sure... I'm still not entirely thrilled over the concept of whipping out a bunch of "new models" (that have been in the game files since day one, practically) to appease the mount collectors. I still would've wanted to see an actual new skin or perhaps a stockier version like a drafthorse.
It takes a long time to create a model out of nothing. Thats why they save what they do make for later dates...

LisaaraPokefarm

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Its cute. Like Astratia said i always thought of /mountspecial as being a battlecry for the mount. I would love to see all horses have an idle graze animation like how hippogryphs peck at things :>
I would still like a new mount or just a reskin of the horse, but i guess this softens the blow a bit.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

SylviaDragon wrote:Like Astratia said i always thought of /mountspecial as being a battlecry for the mount.
I tend to use mine as a /bored signal to my other half (quit picking flowers already!), so maybe some resigned grazing works just as well. :)
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Dang. You can tell I've ridden/worked at a stable for a long time. When I saw the Elf on the back of the level 20 horse, all I could think of was her horrible position. Sit up straight, dangit! Heels down toes up! Hands *off* the horse's neck!

I do find it nice that they gave that one horse a little pet girl. I'm glad to see he keeps her on a leash. You don't want your pets running all over the neighborhood, after all...
Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

Well now I dont feel *SO* bad about an already used model in-game. At least it has its own special quirks that make it interesting.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I sort of thought the same thing about the skins until I leveled a worgen again. The brown and black horse skins actually do feature quite prominently in your escape from Gilneas, so I thought it was a nice touch to use them again as mounts you can obtain - it just wouldn't have the same feel if they used palomino or gray horse skins, imo.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Oh thats true forgot about that! I guess I ahve tryed to forget the new worgen stuff XD But if they are used quite alot in their starting zone it would fit that those would be their mounts.
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

I still can't get over one thing.

There are hundreds of beasts in the game files, that could be mounts, but are not yet. Out of all the things they could use without adding anything to the model file... they still went with the horse, after 90% of reactions to the announcement being "is this a joke?"
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Andine wrote:I still can't get over one thing.

There are hundreds of beasts in the game files, that could be mounts, but are not yet. Out of all the things they could use without adding anything to the model file... they still went with the horse, after 90% of reactions to the announcement being "is this a joke?"
This was basically answered with this:
Nubhorns wrote:I sort of thought the same thing about the skins until I leveled a worgen again. The brown and black horse skins actually do feature quite prominently in your escape from Gilneas, so I thought it was a nice touch to use them again as mounts you can obtain - it just wouldn't have the same feel if they used palomino or gray horse skins, imo.
If you've actually played through the worgen starting zone you would totally understand why the brown and black horses make sense for now. If they decide to add more later on then we can say either the worgen established a successful breeding program that cross-breeds with Stormwind's horses, or that Stormwind has decided that horses without saddles are pretty nifty.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I still think it would have been awesome if the mountspecial made them transform into a cursed horse to fit the worgen! xD
curse on /mountspecial
curse off /mountspecial
Would be an awesome surprise for anyone and if you liked one skin over the other you had a choice of what to use. >,,> Probably would have been waaayyy too complicated and made some kind of QQ though. :(
2 more mounts twords my 100 achive though so meh.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Andine wrote:I still can't get over one thing.

This was basically answered with this:
Nubhorns wrote:I sort of thought the same thing about the skins until I leveled a worgen again. The brown and black horse skins actually do feature quite prominently in your escape from Gilneas, so I thought it was a nice touch to use them again as mounts you can obtain - it just wouldn't have the same feel if they used palomino or gray horse skins, imo.
If you've actually played through the worgen starting zone you would totally understand why the brown and black horses make sense for now. If they decide to add more later on then we can say either the worgen established a successful breeding program that cross-breeds with Stormwind's horses, or that Stormwind has decided that horses without saddles are pretty nifty.
^ This exactly.

I hope someday they allow us to have a multi passenger carriage.

LisaaraPokefarm

Bubu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by Bubu »

Offtopic:

On first picture left raider black armor - what is it?
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Looks like Demonstalker tier to me. (Tier...6?)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

cowmuflage wrote:Well that is the best way of keeping kids at aby ya know treat them like dogs! lol
Just don't let them poop on the neighbor's lawn!