Living with 5.4

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Re: Living with 5.4

Unread post by Yoruko »

As someone whose main is a shaman I'd like to remind you of this. :D (As well as having a feral druid ever since classic. I got laughed out of guilds for playing the spec I liked which was broken as heck and useless for dps! Oh well!)

I play hunter as an alt for whenever I want to dabble into some ranged dps and pet taming. Honestly speaking lately I did grow very fond of BM when we got the new talents and, goodness gracious, a proper interrupt spell! I'm not so miffed about losing my double BW as losing silencing shot. I feel pretty darn useless again as a hunter without it since I find I'm more often than not the person doing all the interrupting. "Hey there's a spell being cast soon... anyone? Rogue? DK? ... Just me? Yeah okay. *stares at the spell go off and wipe the raid*"

But yeah, patches come, patches go. Guess I leveled a warlock just in time for 5.4! Currently unsubbed though, since I really can't be arsed with dailies and most of my characters are more or less satisfactorily geared for my tastes. Just waiting to see what sort of stuff we'll get to do in 5.4 and then decide. I'm less moved by nerfs and buffs as actual playable content.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Junrei wrote:
Quivering wrote:I am going to live with 5.4 the way I live with every patch since I started in 2.4.3. I will go through the good times and go through the bad times and will cancel my sub when my overall experience becomes unworthy of my money. I have enjoyed the heck out of my hunters, through good and bad. I have picked up my other classes and learned them through lulls, and will probably do so again. 5.4 is just another step in an ongoing journey. Im just going to deal with it.
^ This x100

Seriously. I'm angry about the changes, sure. But I'm not gonna go around, throwing my stuff around and screaming "I'm gonna unsub!!!" just cause of this. Deal with the good, bad, and ugly. Druids have gotten shafted like this previously so this isn't the first class that's gotten the shaft. Things will improve with time, as they always do.

I just really wish Blizz would stop listening to the pvp QQers on the forums.

Well personally I have been dealing with this for almost 8 years but I guess at a certain point people just reached they limits.
I have seen my class guttered and neutered nearly every expansion purely on the whim of people that wine on the forums.
For me now after 8 years that point has finally been reached. Granted I was already unsubdued due to the virtual server/transfer sales fail that happened some weeks ago. But right now I dont see anything that makes me want to resub again.

Btw this has nothing to do with trowing around stuff and ranting (way to generalize btw). But at a certain point you just have to make a choice for me hunter is the only class I like playing and I refuse to re roll did that once never again.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Quivering wrote:
Slickrock wrote:
Danielfboone wrote:I'm still using Readiness for Rapid Fire which is a DPS boost. Once upon a time it was the only thing affected by readiness and BM couldn't even have it. It's still a plus but obviously nowhere near as good now.
Readiness won't effect Rapid Fire in 5.4, only defensive abilities.
According to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101588 ... e-7_1_2013...

Readiness now finishes the cooldowns on Rapid Fire, Feign Death, Deterrence, Disengage, and Camouflage when activated (was all Hunter abilities with a base cooldown of less than 5 minutes).
Uggh.. then they put in back in, which in a way is worse, because they may see this as a band-aid to the complaints, while we need a real fix.

But enough of that. This thread is for dealing with 5.4. ;)
Account has been closed at user's request.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Slickrock wrote: Uggh.. then they put in back in, which in a way is worse, because they may see this as a band-aid to the complaints, while we need a real fix.
:| They never removed it in the 1st place, it was always effected by readiness. And yes, even the "nerfed" version on the PTR.

As for "Living with 5.4" You make it sound like we have been inflicted with something that we now "Live with" :lol:

I personally think that we have gone through quite a few changes this expansion, but it's not something that will turn me away from it just yet. And I'll echo what others have said as well...
I am going to live with 5.4 the way I live with every patch since I started in 2.4.3. I will go through the good times and go through the bad times and will cancel my sub when my overall experience becomes unworthy of my money. I have enjoyed the heck out of my hunters, through good and bad. I have picked up my other classes and learned them through lulls, and will probably do so again. 5.4 is just another step in an ongoing journey. Im just going to deal with it

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Okay, the Readiness change can be good if done right. That's the major stipulation here. However, I honestly don't think we have to live with the way thing are looking to turn out. It's still early enough into the PTR to make them change their minds. It worked for warlocks, it can work for us. (Yes, I know I've said that about a million times but it's true. We need to speak up and be heard.)
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I have been playing for a pretty long time and I have seen my share of ups and downs but I feel that their past screw-ups doesn't exactly justify their future mistakes. I have accomplished everything I wanted to do with in this game and most of my friends left long ago so I have been considering switching to a few free to play games for a while now and this will probably be the last nail in the coffin.
I may come back later when I have a few more patches of content to do but I don’t want to pay to do something that will only frustrate me. (I will of course continue to chill here in petopia.)
College has been eating up all of my free time anyway (no summer/holiday breaks accept Christmas) so that has sucked a lot of the enjoyment out of my life too. xD