New Cat Mount ?

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:16 am
Location: Texas

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Ryai »

FuzzyDolly wrote:Oh thank GOD I wasn't the onl;y one expecting a new feline mount. rofl I was expecting a Lion. Oooo a celestial lion... now THAT would be a fun mount.

I thought A new kitty? too.


Tbh I'm not pleased with the phoenix as A: if it drops from another hard to raid boss, hard as in, hard to find people to actually bother with attempts, people will complain.

B: if it drops from something easily farmable. People will complain.

C: If it's buyable in any way shape or form, IE rep, quest, Blizz Store, people will complain.



And while it's pretty tbh I don't like it like I like the existing phoenix, it's just.. purple. It screams raven to me more than IM A BIRD ON FIRE FIRE FIRE MWAHAHA.
User avatar
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11998
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

^ that.
Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Fael »

They still need to fix the problems with the celestial steed so they better not be selling it anytime soon if that's the case!
User avatar
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:32 pm
Realm: Hellscream
Gender: Female

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Nevar »

FuzzyDolly wrote:Oh thank GOD I wasn't the onl;y one expecting a new feline mount. rofl I was expecting a Lion. Oooo a celestial lion... now THAT would be a fun mount.
Yes! Or just a flying lion.. DO WANT lion mount /daydreams

Image

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Saturo »

Nevar wrote:
FuzzyDolly wrote:Oh thank GOD I wasn't the onl;y one expecting a new feline mount. rofl I was expecting a Lion. Oooo a celestial lion... now THAT would be a fun mount.
Yes! Or just a flying lion..
*Points at a nearby wyvern.*

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Posts: 3485
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Wink wink.
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!
Contact:

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Ryno »

Most likely, the new phoenix will be a store mount, I'd guess. Perhaps a TCG card in the future.

Or, it could be a demonic phoenix, and it would be that warlock flying mount we've been promised since like... day seven...

Image

User avatar
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 15644
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:21 pm
Gender: absolutely not

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Azunara »

Ryno wrote:Most likely, the new phoenix will be a store mount, I'd guess. Perhaps a TCG card in the future.

Or, it could be a demonic phoenix, and it would be that warlock flying mount we've been promised since like... day seven...
/would totally level a lock for that phoenix...
User avatar
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11998
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

No a lock flying mount should be a firey flying horse.
User avatar
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 15644
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:21 pm
Gender: absolutely not

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Azunara »

Fiery flying horse has been done already, hasn't it? More fiery horses will end with, "Which horse on fire is that, lol?" I can barely tell the difference between HH and Midnight...

Maybe you guys should ride a wind serpent, instead. Snakes strike me as warlock like. Bony or on fire, preferably. Dark energies coming off of it work too.
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Saturo »

It would be hard to avoid falling off tough.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Fael »

A flying lion would be pretty neat! Other than the new cute little pet version Wyverns are really wonky and they run like awkward ape-things o_O They have the same problem the old Tauren cat form did where a tier of the mane flattens while running and makes the neck look strange. They're also pretty cheap models, I feel like Horde got cheated a bit on their flyers. :p
User avatar
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11998
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

No Azunara when i emnt flying firey horse i ment like a winged one not just a horse that flys
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Saturo »

Well, warlocks are about enslaving demons, right...?
Dreadlords have wings. They'd make AWESOME flying mounts!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:32 pm
Realm: Hellscream
Gender: Female

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Nevar »

Saturo wrote:Well, warlocks are about enslaving demons, right...?
Dreadlords have wings. They'd make AWESOME flying mounts!
:lol: too funny! I say something like this - http://theunexplainedmysteries.com/images/Hellhound.jpg - stick with fire but please stop with all the horses I mean... It would be kinda dull. Give em a hellhound make him fly maybe slap some devilish/gargoyle wings on him and your good. Either that or he could run across the sky and leave a blazing trail of fire. I'd def like warlocks a lot more if they gave em a helhound mount!

Image

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Posts: 3485
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Wink wink.
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!
Contact:

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Ryno »

Talking about lock flying mounts...

We should get a cloud of nether energy with eyes... then have the stealth animation while standing on is as we fly...

Heck, I'd take a flying core hound...

"...do you hear someth-" "RAAAAWR FEER SPAMZ LOLZ"

...I would never do BGs or WG or Arenas again. Only world PvP ganking with that mount...

Image

User avatar
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Anansi »

I want an armoured Bat mount. That's all.
Image
User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16439
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I would like any bat mounts. :( The windriders don't impress me, I wish they would get a model update like the old Tauren cat form.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Posts: 3485
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Wink wink.
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!
Contact:

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Ryno »

We'll probably never see bat mounts, only because bats can't have a walking ground animation without being overhauled.

I mean, they could have added it in, before they added the hippogryph's ground animation, but now...

Image

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16439
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, I actually never thought about the walking animation. I suppose it would be a bit awkward. Drat...
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Posts: 3485
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Wink wink.
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!
Contact:

Re: New Cat Mount ?

Unread post by Ryno »

The wyvern's walking animation is a mess as is. I can't ever walk them... *shudder*

I can't even imagine how they would butcher the bat to make it work. :lol:

Image

Post Reply