Predict the Hunter Pets of the Next Expansion!

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Predict the Hunter Pets of the Next Expansion!

Unread post by Qraljar »

Equeon wrote:I'm with you there, Pepsi Jedi, but unfortunately we won't be able to transmog anything to look like an artifact weapon. So we can keep our BM guns transmogged to a pre-Legion item, but can't transmog the gun into the bow.

Anyway, taking this back on topic, I'm also expecting some kind of Emerald Dream creature (we are going into a realm of endless forest paradise, how could there not be some unique creatures there?) as well as a wolverine-like creature that we never got in WoD.
Oh yeah, the nightmare! That's also a way in which centipedes can make their way into WoW. I'm hoping.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

They said that the only time we'll be in the emerald nightmare is in the raid. :( But maybe there are still some weird creatures either inside the raid or around the entrance.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Lupen202 wrote:They said that the only time we'll be in the emerald nightmare is in the raid. :( But maybe there are still some weird creatures either inside the raid or around the entrance.
Yeah. They could be raid-only creatures or simply creatures that spill out of the nightmare into the real world.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They did leave open the possibility of non-raid areas in the Nightmare in the future. We can always hope they put in a Molten Front-style zone or something :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah I would love to see some future patches with emerald dream/nightmare content.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Araucaria wrote:Id like some of these to be added, though some are not really likely to appear:
-A spirit stag /moose, maybe a rare with a spectral skin of the pandaria model?
-More proto-drake models, possibly some tamable, since the Vrykul can have them as pets
-Maybe more saber-toothed wolves, like the one in Howling Fjord
-Some demonic beasts would be nice, and a way to get to them like that of gara
-Pythons or snakes could be made tamable, with the coming of nagas

Also, naga-themed pets could have some book like the Ancient Tome of Dinomancy for direhorns, and the artifact weapon could give some more interaction with the pets, the way the ability Eyes of the Beast did.

However, I can never predict what will happen in WoW, and Blizz always ends up surprising me for the good :)
This is going to seem really argumentative, but:
- I'm sick of spectral skinned spirit beasts. There's better ways to make a model look "spirity" without making all the polygons visible.
- I'm of the strong opinion dragons should never be pc hunter pets. An npc having something as a pet isn't really a good precedent. There's a huge bicker-thread about it from when WoD was in development.

-The northrend wolves are my favorite, maybe a little touch-up would be nice (but not if it comes at the expense of bear artist time).
-Some demon-flavored models/skins would be a nice addition. Like fel boar and wolf, or even more fel.
-Yes, pythons. I suspect they aren't tameable yet because they look weird when turning and moving, but that didn't stop a lot of the other models from being used (looking at you, seagull/raven).

If Emerald Nightmare is old god related, then maybe there will be some touch ups on silithids (and maybe make it for all aqir-beasts, and toss in Kunchong and Nerubian spiderlings and flyers).
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Equeon wrote:
Anyway, taking this back on topic, I'm also expecting some kind of Emerald Dream creature (we are going into a realm of endless forest paradise, how could there not be some unique creatures there?) as well as a wolverine-like creature that we never got in WoD.
Isn't that concept art of the WoD wolves? Unless, I missed something.

I would love to see a new creature that came out of the dream/nightmare though. It would be cool. I'm really hoping they will remake the saber cat models and maybe add new colors. Now, I'm not talking about tigers, I know those got new models in MoP. I mean like frostsabers, and wintersabers. It would be really cool to have new, pretty versions of them in Legion somewhere.

I remember back in WoD I said I wished there would be a dark purple tiger with fel-green stripes and spikes and big horns.
He would fit in even better in this expansion. A demon hunter tiger! Lol.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

To be honest, with Naga around, I'm kind of hoping for monstrous Peacock Mantis Shrimps in Naga pools. Those would be awesome. They look great, and their biology is so amazing. Having them as hunter pets would certainly be fitting, and they are colorful as can be.

Since they have such a complex and amazing appearance, they would look great animated in full glory.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Scarlet wrote:I remember back in WoD I said I wished there would be a dark purple tiger with fel-green stripes and spikes and big horns.
If that happened I think the excitement might be enough to kill Vephriel ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I'd love to see updated Lynx, the Belf (and old Druid Nelf kitty) starting area ones. New families? I'm not 100% sure we need many more, we already have ones that seemed a little last minute and same same, like the WoD Chimaeras becoming Rylaks. There's even confusion with families that we already have, like Ravengers that are very Silithid looking.

I'd just prefer more options/looks in currently family groups, new shale spider models, bears, dragonhawks, etc. Anything with only one model in their family would be very welcome.

If I had to pick a few new families, some kind of large lizard/reptilian family. Not dissimilar to frillnecked lizards or a giant savage gekko. Also maybe some kind of wolverine/ferretesque like family, low profile, furry and very very angry. :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:
Scarlet wrote:I remember back in WoD I said I wished there would be a dark purple tiger with fel-green stripes and spikes and big horns.
If that happened I think the excitement might be enough to kill Vephriel ;)
I would love to see a rendition of that from one of our amazing resident artists. Sounds cool!

Rendition of the cat that is, not Vephriel exploding. :lol:
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Quivering wrote: Rendition of the cat that is, not Vephriel exploding. :lol:

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Quivering wrote:I would love to see a rendition of that from one of our amazing resident artists. Sounds cool!
*Readies tablet*
Quivering wrote:Rendition of the cat that is, not Vephriel exploding. :lol:
*Puts tablet away dejectedly*
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

pop wrote:Image
Wait... what? Is that an actual thing? Gimme that thing! *grabby hands*
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Xota wrote:
This is going to seem really argumentative, but:
- I'm sick of spectral skinned spirit beasts. There's better ways to make a model look "spirity" without making all the polygons visible.

I wouldn't mind some spirit beasts with a similar look to the new druid spectral cat form. It looks pretty awesome, I think.

Honestly though I'm sick of spectral and ghostly spirit beasts in general. I know they're "spirit" beasts, but I'm crossing my fingers for more like Loque.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Lupen202 wrote:Honestly though I'm sick of spectral and ghostly spirit beasts in general. I know they're "spirit" beasts, but I'm crossing my fingers for more like Loque.
I'm sick of spirit cats/wolves. Spirit versions of other models would be cool, like Arturis and Ban'thalos and Ghostcrawler. I too hope for non-ghostly spirits like Loque/Skoll/Gara but even a ghostly devilsaur would be wicked. IMO of course.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well yeah, a ghostly stag, raptor, devilsaur or even another bird wouldn't be bad. :P But I still prefer the look of Loque over the transparent spirit beasts.

I just think it'd be awesome getting more opaque spirit beasts with those glowing blue eyes, mouth and markings.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |