Transmog 2.0

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Re: Transmog 2.0

Unread post by Mozag »

Kalhoun wrote:I'm so happy I will finally be able to hide shoulders. So, so very happy.
Same here, same here. :D :D :D :D
vriiska
Realm: steamwheedle cartel US

Unread post by vriiska »

o_o this. I hope i can have access to the mag'hari ritualist's horns on my ally clothies!.

Maybe just hype and misinterpreting things but seems it is more like costume, lessening some of the restrictions a bit. like if you a can equip it then its game but again..maybe a high hope >.<

I also agree, mail and plate wearers need more variety with gloves and stuff, really dig the dainty cloth gloves that can show off cool bracers or puffy sleeves on shirts.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I'll have to play around with hiding shoulders. I've always liked them lol

Edit: That moment when I realize all my fire mage mogs are built around the staff weapon I am using. :o :( :x
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I am really exited about this. Specially because of all those items that you had looted/gotten from quests ect. from way back. I wonder how long back it will go though. Like, are we able to get the Wingblade from the old Wailing Caverns quests, and so on. Only time will tell I guess.
And now MogIt seems to be unnecessary.
I also hope this will be battle.net account wide. I have more than one account on my battle.net, so this could be a really nice way of getting stuff. :headbang:

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

- new transmog slots: shirts, weapon enchants and tabards! Finally we can collect tabard looks and get rid of the banked ones! I'm not sure how tabards with powers / utilities will be handled.
Wow! That makes me very happy. I can finally use my Sawbones Shirt across multiple toons for my mogs that require them.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Sigrah wrote:
- new transmog slots: shirts, weapon enchants and tabards! Finally we can collect tabard looks and get rid of the banked ones! I'm not sure how tabards with powers / utilities will be handled.
Wow! That makes me very happy. I can finally use my Sawbones Shirt across multiple toons for my mogs that require them.
- it is account-wide!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I think my bank NPC in my garrison just cried a little...so much stuff I can finally ditch!

Account wide makes me a little moist...I mean I can use my Rok'delar on ANY hunter now! And Quel serrar on any melee...and my old ZG staff with my casters....just the possiblities! (thank fuck I've been hoarder since Vanilla...)

edit: I hope by account wide they mean battle-net account wide (as I have two wow accounts on the one battle-net etc)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I wish I was more of a hoarder.. but I never even thought about cosmetic stuff before tmog was introduced so there was never a reason to hold onto items I liked the look of.

The only thing I'll benefit from is the fact shirts will be part of the catalog. I have three or four removed shirts on old alts.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

This new system is everything I've wanted and more. It's a real dream come true for me. Even if Legion turns out to be mostly terrible, I'll at least have this amazing new system to keep me busy and happy.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

I hope we can select color variants as well once we unlock a model, I want some black and green or black and red colored deathmist set :D
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

After watching the systems panel on YouTube, I'm pretty sure the different colors are for artifacts only.
For mogging you will still have to unlock the looks one by one.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

then there is a problem as in the colors I am speaking of are only on NPC see the summoners on magisters terrace for the red deathmist variant, black and green are from some shadow council orcs in frostfire, not all color combos are available to us players that is why I am hoping for color unlocks once you get a model. Another example, check Zanzil the outcast in the new Zul'Gurub he is wearing a blue green recolor of the amani shaman mail set, likewise the Drakkari trolls in Zuldrak have blue amani plate recolors. We should get color variants as well as some model variants ( see the troll npcs in WoD ashran, they have a different model of the amani plate, it uses the newer 3D plate pants model on the legs, we need this kind of customization for transmog )
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

What we should get and what we will get is definitely something different.
Blizzard has always done it their way.
Color variants sure would be nice but they won't come, as long as you didn't farm them.
We pretty sure will not get any NPC only items, I'll bet my head on it.

Let's just be glad items from the past will come for free instead of starting your collection right now with, in my case, 9 years of playing lost.

I'll be honest, I'm not even happy with the artifacts like the Ashbringer for Paladins.
This should be an item than noone should ever be able to lay his or her hands on.
And sure as hell not thousands of paladins carrying the legendary sword so some cheap green sword will actually be seen less often.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Now, let's see... Transmog 2.0 means that all those items we've put away will no longer be needed...

So what happens to void storage now?
It's too expensive to use for items you'd regularly remove/deposit.
It also limits deposits to "must soulbound" items.

Doesn't this translate to void storage becoming entirely pointless?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sukurachi wrote:Doesn't this translate to void storage becoming entirely pointless?
Yep, it does.

And I really start to wonder...
If that UI can save sets, do you still need to go and have your items transmoged?
And if sets can be assigned to skilltrees, do they simply appear when switching your skills?
Won't the transmog-NPCs then be pointless too?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Bhando wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:Doesn't this translate to void storage becoming entirely pointless?
Yep, it does.

And I really start to wonder...
If that UI can save sets, do you still need to go and have your items transmoged?
And if sets can be assigned to skilltrees, do they simply appear when switching your skills?
Won't the transmog-NPCs then be pointless too?
I'm guessing the outfits that are assigned to specs will switch without the NPC since the player would have preset them, but all other mogging would require the npc.

/shrug
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I'm just pissed off that you can't transmog "farmable" legendary items like thoridal and glaives and thunderfury based on the excuse that you shouldn't be able to "farm" a legendary, yet ironically the legendary you can mog EVERYONE HAS BECAUSE IT CAN BE FARMED ( pandaria capes and ring from WoD, I'm guessing when they said ring will be moggable they mean the effect from it or something ), the classic legendaries require TONS of luck and are by no means farmable, you can go for 5 years without getting one, I only got thoridal, no glaives so far and none of the items to start the thunderfury questline... not to mention that the iconic look of the item is not a valid excuse as quite a few of the artifact items are iconic looks, Ashbringer and Doomhammer being the best examples, and everyone and their grandma will run around with it.....................
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

ACTUALLY HERE'S MY QUESTION.

If they mean quest rewards, do they also include pre-cataclysm quests?
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

PorrasouxRex wrote:ACTUALLY HERE'S MY QUESTION.

They said ALL quests.
Account has been closed at user's request.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Slickrock wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:ACTUALLY HERE'S MY QUESTION.

They said ALL quests.
But I'm still wondering if that includes no longer existing in-game quests.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."