I didn't need my heart today anyway (SPOILERS)

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: I didn't need my heart today anyway (SPOILERS)

Unread post by Castile »

Wait they killed off Varian? I should really play that alpha...also day ruined! His like my favourite alliance leader /epic sadface.
And no way is Vol'jin dead....what moron leaves the Horde to the psycho banshee queen? Even Garrosh as bad a leader as he was knew not to trust her as far as he could throw her...

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Castile wrote:Wait they killed off Varian? I should really play that alpha...also day ruined! His like my favourite alliance leader /epic sadface.
And no way is Vol'jin dead....what moron leaves the Horde to the psycho banshee queen? Even Garrosh as bad a leader as he was knew not to trust her as far as he could throw her...
If memory serves me right, yes. Anduin is the new king.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

If Vol'Jin really dies, this will leave now Orcs and Trolls without a leader, and the Tauren with inexperienced Baine.
His successor (according to what I've seen) is the worst choice that could have been made.

Why does the Horde alsways have to be on the ass end of all that tragedy crap?

Really, this is it. I've always returned to WoW for the next expansion but this will be my first I'll refuse to buy.
Thrall gone, Garrosh gone and now Vol'Jin gone.
Horde changes Warchiefs as fast as I do change my underwear...

I'm very unhappy!
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

I wonder whether this is Blizz's response to all the "Vol'jin doesn't even wear pants" complaints. :P
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I think I just sat and sobbed for a good 15 mins before getting myself under control...WTF Blizz...why are you killing all our beloved leaders....STOP IT!! :evil: I am hoping maybe it is what a few have speculated and he really isn't full dead gone but gone to get the big guns to help. If he is dead dead I think I'll be broken hearted for a VERY long time like when Cairne Bloodhoof dead....he was my favorite. :cry: :(
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Upon thinking I agree with Bhando. I'm slightly pissed off by this. Bad enough the horde had to suffer through Garrosh as long as we did, we finally have another good one and they're killing him off too! The freak Blizzard. I'm not even sure I care what stupid lore they're creating for this. But sadly not sure my horde toons will get any love at this point.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I think some are jumping the gun on all of this. The cinematics, cutscenes, quests, etc are not fully implemented yet. We only have pieces of the story. People need to relax and wait until the whole story is fleshed out before they jump to conclusions.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

To be fair, the Alliance, far as we known so far, is losing Varian.

LisaaraPokefarm

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That is true. I believe it is mentioned in a quest or by NPCs that a body was recovered and buried.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah and there is theories that we might lose Anduin too by the end of the expansion. Mind you, those are just theories. I haven't seen anything confirming it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

The Varian thing sucks so much...I mean we only got him back in Wrath after having a black dragon rule SW since release. I hate it when games kill off my favourite pixels.

I don't think Vol'jin is dead tbh but the horde have gone through alot of leadership changes of late I think they need a break...

Shadowlands

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I doubt Anduin will die/be killed, especially so soon. Further, there would be no one able to take the throne of SW. Genn is the king of Gilneas, so he has no claim nor support. Same for Jaina.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Castile wrote:The Varian thing sucks so much...I mean we only got him back in Wrath after having a black dragon rule SW since release. I hate it when games kill off my favourite pixels.

I don't think Vol'jin is dead tbh but the horde have gone through alot of leadership changes of late I think they need a break...
That and Cata he finally got control of himself and Mists he was able to show what a great king he is.

LisaaraPokefarm

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Junrei wrote:
Castile wrote:The Varian thing sucks so much...I mean we only got him back in Wrath after having a black dragon rule SW since release. I hate it when games kill off my favourite pixels.

That and Cata he finally got control of himself and Mists he was able to show what a great king he is.
I know right!! Ergh I'm not a fan of Anduin...I mean he did prove himself more in Mists with the whole getting crushed by the bell thing but I think the alliance needs a more ballsy leader to stand up to the Legion. Might be time to let the night elves loose abit more or the worgen.

Shadowlands

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well I think that's the point. Genn is being an butt and purposely starting crap with the Horde and Jaina was forcefully removed as head of the Kirin Tor by Khadgar. So yeah. Anduin is gonna have to step up and realize sometimes you have to fight to keep the peace.

LisaaraPokefarm

SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Yea, they killed off Varian. The park in Stormwind was finally fixed, it's now a memorial Park with Varian's tomb and also a wall with the warriors/soldiers that died during the event on the beach. :I I'm not in Alpha but this is what I've gathered from a few WoW youtubers that do have alpha.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I liked Magni better than Varian as de facto head of the alliance. I like Bolvar better than Varian as leader of Stormwind. Varian seems too much of a Mary Sue to me. His outrageous backstory came out of nowhere, while players had been teased with being able to take part in his return. He didn't have any real character flaws, or any real character development. We're mostly just told that he did by other characters. But as early as WotLK, when he was introduced, we hear about how proud [pre-nutty] Jaina was of him.

And Genn didn't start anything with the Horde. Sylvanas started it by invading Gilneas with the intention of turning the population undead. And retaking Gilneas isn't just his concern, at the end of MoP, Varian chats about needing to do that. However, retaking Gilneas is probably Genn's only major concern. Anduin is going to have to have a Bertrand Russell moment.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xota wrote:I liked Magni better than Varian as de facto head of the alliance. I like Bolvar better than Varian as leader of Stormwind. Varian seems too much of a Mary Sue to me. His outrageous backstory came out of nowhere, while players had been teased with being able to take part in his return. He didn't have any real character flaws, or any real character development. We're mostly just told that he did by other characters. But as early as WotLK, when he was introduced, we hear about how proud [pre-nutty] Jaina was of him.

And Genn didn't start anything with the Horde. Sylvanas started it by invading Gilneas with the intention of turning the population undead. And retaking Gilneas isn't just his concern, at the end of MoP, Varian chats about needing to do that. However, retaking Gilneas is probably Genn's only major concern. Anduin is going to have to have a Bertrand Russell moment.
Genn is actually starting a lot of bad things behind Anduin's back, such as purposely antagonizing the Horde. It's not Gilneas he cares about. He wants revenge because of his son and he doesn't care if it risks lives to get that revenge.

LisaaraPokefarm

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Xota wrote:His outrageous backstory came out of nowhere, while players had been teased with being able to take part in his return. He didn't have any real character flaws, or any real character development.
Really? You must hate Thrall too then as his backstory is pretty similuar..and I don't think it's that outrageous at all. He had MANY character flaws (like going to war at the drop of a hat and wanting to exterminate every orc) at the beginning and slowly developed into a more rational king towards the end thanks to his son. He even managed to talk down spazzing out Jaina. He's one of my favourite alliance heroes because of seeing that growth throughout the story (my Horde one being the blood elf regeant after doing the thunder isle questline...need more of him!) so I'm pretty devo his not gonna be around. Time to take my panda to his grave for a cry then :cry:

Shadowlands

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Calm down. I don't hate Varian. Please don't put words in my mouth. Varian's just not interesting to me.