Scarlet Plate/Mail Set In Pre-Patch Darkmoon Faire

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Scarlet Plate/Mail Set In Pre-Patch Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Kurasu »

You are unable to 'log the appearance' of greys and whites, as well as things that do not have a 'type' and/or do not bind. So for instance, Spring Circlet and Ever-Lovely Rose isn't part of the transmog outfit (unless they have recently changed that to cosmetic). Neither are any grey or white items, which is a pity, because there are some appearances that are unique to that grey/white, and there are entire *sets* which have pieces that are grey/white and unbindable.

The Stone Club in particular is one that comes to mind:

Unique appearance. You can't find any other club that looks *remotely* like that.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Kurasu wrote:Does the tabard have to be the real thing? Or does transmogging help? I.E. will I have to get my plate-wearer an actual tabard, or can he just transmog and pretend?
You have to have the actual tabard equipped on your character before speaking to her. It won't work if you simply have another tabard transmogged to look like the Scarlet Tabard.

I tested it both ways, just to be sure.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

i wish they had one for the WOTLK zombie event set.. i still have the leather chest,shoulder,gloves on my druid :c
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I had the entire set on Kurasu.

The. Entire. Set.

:(
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I think I had complete sets too, not plate, but I think all the others. All I have left is the cloth pants.
... and the tabard, the argent tome, and 2 haunted mementos. I'd trade my haunted mementos for the armor sets back.

They could put an npc in the DMF to sell the undead slaying sets. Or they could sell the armor sets for timewalking marks from the WotLK timewalking vendor. Or put them on the BMAH.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There is an issue with making the sets available again. It would take away from them if they just became available again (something that was meant to only be available for a short time), whether from the BMAH or Timewalking, and thus would anger those whom have hung onto those sets this whole time.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Maybe for the undead slaying sets, but Defias... nah. Put a dude in the Dalaran underground that'll sell it to you if you do something... roguey and obtuse. I HAVE the entire black defias set (and have been sitting on a toon I honestly don't even love because of that tbh) and I don't mind it at all. I'd complain about unmatching shoulders (because the only shoulders that truly match that weird greeny-black are the white-grade Feral shoulders) but you can turn 'em off now so it's sort of a non issue.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

So I have 3 pieces Bloodmail, any word on if I can get the rest? :mrgreen:

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Valnaaros wrote:There is an issue with making the sets available again. It would take away from them if they just became available again (something that was meant to only be available for a short time), whether from the BMAH or Timewalking, and thus would anger those whom have hung onto those sets this whole time.
When they were available, it was way before transmogrification. So most of the people who got them ended up having to get rid of them. Appearance tabs are giving people appearances for quest rewards that were removed in cata. Original Naxx gear is available through the BMAH. This isn't the same kind of situation as CM gear, where it was for a limited time only, but people knew transmog existed. ZG gear lookalikes came back, and as a person who saved almost all of their ZG gear, I didn't feel a single tinge of anger. Some people might, but I don't think their anger would be reasonable enough for them to be catered to.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Lookalikes are completely different than reimplementing gear with the exact same appearances. There are old companion pets that were available at one point - before the current account wide system - that some got rid of for one reason or the other. Same thing for certain mounts. But would it be fair for those whom kept them to make it available for everyone, even if it were something expensive like the BMAH?
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Valnaaros wrote:Lookalikes are completely different than reimplementing gear with the exact same appearances. There are old companion pets that were available at one point - before the current account wide system - that some got rid of for one reason or the other. Same thing for certain mounts. But would it be fair for those whom kept them to make it available for everyone, even if it were something expensive like the BMAH?
Yes, it would be fair. For example, the olympic minipet should be available during olympics. And no, lookalikes are not *completely* different. I'm not sure how reimplementing new gear with an exact same appearance isn't a lookalike.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'm one of those people that it doesn't bother a bit. Like I said, I have the full demon hunter set in a couple of armor types. Would I care if they brought it back, say, for Legion? (I don't think they will because it's pretty dang lo-rez for the current game) But no. I wouldn't. More teal pally sets for all, why not.

Anyway, a lot of these old looks will instantly become hella more common (that is, if people want them) as soon as the prepatch drops just because they're account wide. I mean, I have the blue flame tabard from the TCG but no one ever sees it 'cause it's sitting on a couple of toons I never play. But you bet I'm gonna log into them and learn it, just like everyone else that has old sets sitting around in the dusty cobwebbed corners of their account. (I think I have the red one too but i'll have to scrounge, not sure.) The whole 'I have a RARE THING, HURDEHUR, AND YOU DON'T' attitude is, to me, kind of ridiculous, given it's all just a bunch of pixels and vectors when it all comes down to it. Who cares what other people have? If I want a rare thing it's because it's -neat- not because I'm jealous of so-and-so having it. Like the TLPD. I mean sure, wouldn't mind it just to have to fill out my collection, but honestly I think it's stone fugly and drab, so the fact that other people have it and poot about on it all the time doesn't bother me in the least. Meanwhile, I get the jealousies at people who've gotten A'lar because it's pretty and I want to sit on it. Not because they have it and I don't. Everyone in Stormwind could be sitting on Gay Pride Chicken and I wouldn't care, if I had it (but Kael is not only the most obnoxious boss in the game, he's stingy.)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Xota wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Lookalikes are completely different than reimplementing gear with the exact same appearances. There are old companion pets that were available at one point - before the current account wide system - that some got rid of for one reason or the other. Same thing for certain mounts. But would it be fair for those whom kept them to make it available for everyone, even if it were something expensive like the BMAH?
Yes, it would be fair. For example, the olympic minipet should be available during olympics. And no, lookalikes are not *completely* different. I'm not sure how reimplementing new gear with an exact same appearance isn't a lookalike.
Ok, and what about the Blizzcon pets/mounts? Or the vampire bat that was available during the Zombie Event? Or the Argenr Tournement Horses and Wolves? Should they be made available agai just so others can get them?

And by lookalikes, I mean gear that is all the same except in color. The troll gear in ZG and ZA are recolors. They allow people to get gear that looks like the originals without taking away from those whom actually earned and kept the original pieces.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Blizzcon mounts/pets cost RL money. And for the ones after achievements were introduced, and for the mounts off of Anub'arak, there's feats of strength. So no, I don't think there's a pressing need to introduce them. People who've had them have them or can get them back most likely.

Vampiric bat, yes. Why not? The ax is already on the BMAH. And there are lookalike bats that are minipets already. And please read what I said, it's not "just so others can get them". It's not polite to put words in my mouth. The reason I think that the undead slaying sets should be added in is because most people who did get them deleted them before xmog came along. If other people are able to get them, then the more the merrier.

Not all of the lookalikes from the original ZG gear are recolors. Some are identical. And it does not take anything away from those who "earned" and kept the original pieces. Farming ZG during WotLK is hardly on the same level as doing CM dungeons. And doing a world event that wasn't particularly difficult isn't either.
Last edited by Xota on Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yes, and the guitar will usually go for an obscene amount of gold - an amount out of the range of most players, especially in Legion.

And what of pets and mounts from the anniversaries? The original Staff of Fur and Claw, and the many other items and toys now retired? Just bring them back in some capacity so that the original owners can get them, but allowing the general playerbase access to items that were deliberately meant to be available for a limited time?

Blizz can in some way or form give them back to those who earned them. They have logs stretching all the way back to character creation. As a matter of fact, if someone has earned something and at some point deleted, they can open a ticket and have Blizz give them the item back. I have both heard and seen several whom has done this.

And whilst you may not mind retired items coming back and being made available to the general populace, there are many who do. In the few times something has been reintroduced or made easier to obtain, there is always a big stink about the whole thing.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

If you're ok with the ax being on the BMAH, then your whole argument against undead slaying gear being on the BMAH is moot. I'm not going to bicker in the forum about this any more.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I never said that. Don't put words in my mouth. However, that is the mindset of some individuals.

Besides, Blizz can't (and I'm sure won't) put in new versions of everything that has been retired. There have been some cases where they have, and usually where appropriate. But there are others where they won't, for the reason being that certain things are meant to be available only once. Something that was around for a pre-launch event is not meant to ever come back. The only exceptions that come immediately to mind are the rares in the low lvl dungeons that were originally apart of the first Scourge event, and were brought back briefly for the second.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Xota wrote:If you're ok with the ax being on the BMAH, then your whole argument against undead slaying gear being on the BMAH is moot. I'm not going to bicker in the forum about this any more.
I never said I was fine with it, just that Blizz brought it back and put it in the BMAH for an immense amount of gold.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

My olympic pet got eaten in the Great Pet Catastrophe of Whatever Patch Account-Wide Pets Happened In (3.0 I think? It's been a long time). There was that bug where some pets would get learned and then forgotten immediately after, and you could put in a ticket to try to get them back but that wasn't a guarantee of success. I got my CE pets back (presumably because they could see that my account was flagged as a collector's edition), but they couldn't/didn't give me the Spirit of Competition back. Every time I see someone with him out, I feel bad—sad and angry and frustrated. I would give quite a lot of gold/time/whatever to get him back, especially now that pets are more than vanity items.

It's not their fault I feel like that (the person who got to keep the pet OR Blizzard. Well, okay, you COULD make an argument that it IS Blizzard's fault, but they did their best at the time), and I don't feel like that with every unobtainable item that I had and no longer have—I had the full mail version of the teal judgment recolour and deleted most of it for space, and I only really regret the chest/pants (the shoulders were hideous iirc, and not the teal judgment ones at all). Maybe that one's because I have the full plate version where the shoulders DO look like Judgment; I paid an obscene amount of money to faction+server transfer the paladin with it to my main server once transmog became A Thing (well, and also because we'd server transferred away from my original main-server paladin and I'd never created a new one, and the paladin with it was Horde on Stormrage which is the most miserable I've ever been on a PvE server in my LIFE).

I deeply regretted not farming a pair of Bloodmail legs on my hunter when I was prepping for Mists and the removal of those old versions of the instances (even though they said they'd try to bring back the old looks somewhere/sometime), because "I haven't played her seriously in years, she's still on Bloodscalp after how many years? What are the chances I'm gonna main swap to a hunter?" I've been complaining about that for two years now, since my hunter DID become my main. But I'm still okay with not having the rest of the set or the plate version or any of the rest of it. I regret Alanna's Embrace, but I never got it to drop (and if I had it would probably have been on my shaman like my AQ dresses all were, grump grump). I regret the original ZG raptor but I was lucky enough to have seen ONE tiger drop after running it nearly every reset for years and the people I was running it with knew how much I wanted it and passed it to me. I would not have been able to afford it when it was added to the BMAH pool, as the only reason I was able to afford the reforge/transmog yak in MoP was that a guildie quit the game and sent me some of his gold (and the guild perk for vendor costs was still a thing). That probably would have changed by WoD; I would have gone MUCH harder on garrison gold making than I did, and I'm over 750k on my primary server right now. Not that it'd have done any good, it hasn't shown up on our BMAH once the entire expansion (nor has rogue t3 gloves or druid t3 belt GRUMP GRUMP GRUMP), but still.

Err. That sort of went off point. The point I was trying to make was, as someone who's been playing a looooong time, there's a lot of items that I've had or had the chance at that I regret not having held onto, but there's just no helping it. My shaman hung onto some of her most-beloved tier sets as time went on but with the advent of transmog, deleting even the stuff she wasn't going to wear was risky—what if there was another untransmoggable legendary that had to be coordinated for? I'd already been burned by deleting a chest from a quest on Bloodmyst Isle (and an identical one from Nagrand) when I got DTR and needed a chestpiece that wasn't a coconut bra to coordinate with it; I didn't want to go through that again. It makes life on my mains very difficult and I am looking forward to the day that I can free up some of this space again. Nothing vital will be deleted for a good month or more, mind you—I've learned my lesson the hard way—but so much of this stuff is just "I MAY want it in the future," not "I WILL want it in the future."

I don't think unobtainable things should be status symbols, because I don't think there should be unobtainable vanity items. I love my Zulian Tiger; he matches my preferred transmog ridiculously well in addition to being my favourite ground mount in the game, but there are days that I feel bad about riding him because I remember how I feel about the Spirit of Competition, who is super tiny and not instantly recognizable at a distance. I know there's at least one guildmate who wanted it desperately and farmed almost as frequently as I did and still never got it to drop; I do my best not to ride it when he's around. He doesn't raid anymore and a lot of HFC is indoors (and if I mount up in the outdoor spots it's usually to repair) but what if there are other, active raiders who feel the same way? It bothers me. I don't mention it anymore when my guild leader's random pet addon brings out the Spirit of Competition; how many of the other seventeenish members of my raid group feel that way about my tiger? And so some days, I don't ride it at all.

And that blows. I know a lot of people (the general populace, even) don't feel about those things the way I do; I know a lot of people will see me riding on it and assume I'm riding it because since it's unobtainable*, it's a status symbol. I have qualms about riding my Black Proto-Drake for the same reason. I won the roll on last week's Archimonde mount, which is the most common mount I see running around in beta right now. Granted, part of that is probably just because other mounts aren't quite as large and eyecatching, but a lot of it is because it's a status symbol. But think about it—Lifebinder's Handmaiden, the Twilight Drake, heck even the Kor'kron Juggernaut were all status symbols once. But you don't really see a lot of people riding them these days because their heyday has passed. The people who ride them now ride them, not because they're showing off, but because they like them. Even Invincible and Mimiron's Head and the Deathcharger's Reins, while still SORT of statusy, are still more in the "I'm riding it because I like it" camp nowadays.

About the only thing I can think of that would make it "fair" to reintroduce old removed items but NOT have them available to people who didn't "earn" them would be opening up certain items only to players whose accounts existed in the time periods those items were available. And, uh... I don't know about you, but I remember how angry and outraged people were about that orc statue and feel that "fair" has earned every pixel on those quotation marks, haha. Even the BMAH isn't a perfect solution, especially with gold cap going up (unless class halls are as good for gold as the garrison was—and that doesn't seem to be the case thus far). I'm much more interested in things like the Exile greens that were introduced on Isle of Thunder as a replacement for ZG/ZA stuff—visually identical, BoE greens that, while not super common, were not frustratingly difficult to come by.

(Note: since it got lost somewhere within that wall of text and all the editing I did on it, I don't think time-sensitive exclusivity is a bad thing—by all means have mythic and high-rating recolours or exclusive looks or vanity items. But there's always a time limit on that stuff on the PvE side and people who want the mythic versions can go back later and pick it up much more easily. PvP's different for some reason, as are vanity items like mounts.)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yes, there have been situations where, for one reason or another, Blizz hasn't been able to restore items, pets, or mounts lost by those whom obtained them whilst they were available. But unless there is something odd preventing them from restoring them, they are generally able to, which is very good :)

And I agree. I myself have gotten many, many items that I so wish I held onto. Whether it was a pet or a xmog that doesn't exist in any form nowadays, or not having the luck of getting certain mounts whilst they were available. But that is how it goes with a game like WoW. Not everything can or should be available forever. In a few cases, Blizz has made things available again through the BMAH, and that is their prerogative. This is their game, after all, and they can do whatever they wish with it.

I can understand your point on vanity items and how it can be difficult for those whom farmed them for a long time but just never had the luck of getting them, to see another with it. But with a social game like WoW, that is how it is. Some will use mounts/pets/xmogs as vanity or status symbols, and that is their own choice. To a degree, it should be that way. If someone partook in a past event, they should have something (title, mount, gear, pet, etc) that was only obtainable during that time. It is a reward for those whom played during that event. It would take much away from them if those rewards were made available to those whom did not participate or were not around.

The vast majority of things in WoW have remained available, even after their xpac or event has passed. Aside from things here in there, like the PvP gladiator mounts you mentioned, there hasn't been too much that isn't still obtainable today. Perhaps it is something Blizz has strived for as the years have gone by.