Hunter Talent Calulator

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Undra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Re: Hunter Talent Calulator

Unread post by Undra »

Anansi wrote:
Kalliope wrote: Anansi's commentary wasn't about YOUR specs; it was about the futility of attempting to come up with a workable spec in any tree at this stage of beta testing.

It's not always about you. :roll:
Right, exactly. I wasn't critiquing anyone's proposed spec, I was criticizing Blizzard's mess of a Marksmanship tree commenting that it's not realistic right now to try and build a spec because the tree is clearly broken.

Other classes don't look too bad, I've been able to put together what looks like a workable raid and heroic Resto spec for my Shaman.
Except that it's all changing. Beta jsut started, people, we have a long way to go.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Undra wrote:
Anansi wrote:
Kalliope wrote: Anansi's commentary wasn't about YOUR specs; it was about the futility of attempting to come up with a workable spec in any tree at this stage of beta testing.

It's not always about you. :roll:
Right, exactly. I wasn't critiquing anyone's proposed spec, I was criticizing Blizzard's mess of a Marksmanship tree commenting that it's not realistic right now to try and build a spec because the tree is clearly broken.

Other classes don't look too bad, I've been able to put together what looks like a workable raid and heroic Resto spec for my Shaman.
Except that it's all changing. Beta jsut started, people, we have a long way to go.
Not to mention that they're screwing talents up alltogether. I like choice, not the cookiecutter stuff we've had all over. This is basically Blizz' way of saying "Don't worry, we'll dumb it down so you CAN'T do wrong."

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Which really leads me to think they don't pay attention at all. Most of the time a badly done character isn't in the spec, it's in how they play, which will most often be to not do much of anything at all. Sometimes you'll see some one buried 71 points into a spec, but that is something I have run into a lot less then the other.

I'll be surprised if we see many more then then the 31 pre-requisite points in a tree.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

Saturo wrote:Not to mention that they're screwing talents up alltogether. I like choice, not the cookiecutter stuff we've had all over. This is basically Blizz' way of saying "Don't worry, we'll dumb it down so you CAN'T do wrong."
I hardly see how taking out all the tertiary and flat-rate talents is "dumbing down" and "screwing up". As for cookie-cutter builds, those are exactly what most people use anyways, or have to use if they want to get anywhere.

Personally I prefer a smaller tree with nothing but directly interactive/proccing talents over a huge tree with half the talents being "you now do 15% more damage" and "you now have 10% more chance to crit". Put that stuff into the tree and mastery system and leave us with more goodies like Frenzy, Trueshot Aura, and Explosive Shot.

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

They should remove Trueshot Aura as a talent. Every single Marks hunter is going to use it so why not simply make it an ability vrs a talent.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Let's just see what they bring in the next beta patch... not enough to really talk about yet.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Besides, this conversation was being dropped in one thread; why continue it in another?

One last point, though...
Palladiamorsdeus wrote:I'll be surprised if we see many more then then the 31 pre-requisite points in a tree.
You don't know Smartypant.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Edit! I am editing this! Don't read! If you read the old one, then I am sorry! Misunderstanding!

There are a lot of people out there like that, sadly. You'll encounter them in instances all the time now days. ALmost worse are the people who have half way intelligent builds, but have no idea how to play them. But for people like that, Blizzard could make the talent tree's straight down, do not pass go, they could automatically hot key in all the right abilities, and they still wouldn't be able to do well.
Last edited by Palladiamorsdeus on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kalliope wrote:
Palladiamorsdeus wrote:I'll be surprised if we see many more then then the 31 pre-requisite points in a tree.
What the hell!? He has a SCOPE on his gun!

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope

Saturo wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
*giggle* He's 71 points into fury without TG too.

People have tried to help him, but he gets pissy and won't listen....

YouTube Edition

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Blizzard could release a patch that had the option for the game to play itself for you.....and people like that would STILL suck. No amount of changing is going to fix stupid, sadly....

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kalliope wrote:
Saturo wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
*giggle* He's 71 points into fury without TG too.

People have tried to help him, but he gets pissy and won't listen....
I saw that he was 71 into Fury, but I didn't check, because I'd prefer NOT to bleed from my eyes.

Kalliope

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:Blizzard could release a patch that had the option for the game to play itself for you.....and people like that would STILL suck. No amount of changing is going to fix stupid, sadly....
That's my point. They could massive simplify the game and it's not going to help the completely clueless. ;)
Saturo wrote:I saw that he was 71 into Fury, but I didn't check, because I'd prefer NOT to bleed from my eyes.
Yeah, it's pretty horrific. The SCARY thing is when he starts yelling at people in WG and he's RIGHT on occasion...

YouTube Edition

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

It is a constant source of confusion to me how people like that level to cap.....

Kalliope

Leveling is easy.

Playing with any sort of knowledge of the game is hard.

YouTube Edition

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Here is the new updated version of the Talent Calculator.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

EDIT: I just remembered there was 31 point limit. Talent tree calculator didn't reflect this.
Last edited by Adam-Savage on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

AdamSavage wrote:Ok. I don't like these new talents. This going to make hunter Overpowered.. Can you imagine how much dps you would crank out while you and your pet are under bestial wrath and you fire off a chimera shot ?
What. Wha.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunter#,,12479

There is no way to have Chimera shot and TBW at the same time.

TBW requires 20 points. You only get 10 points to spend after getting the 31 point talent in any tree.

Tbh I am not impressed by how pathetically small the trees are and how there is nothing to make them non cookie cutter. If they wanted to cut down on variaty and all that than good for them. They also made it where everyone is going to be a god damn clone of everyone else.

I also hate how some trees force you to still take useless pvp talents for PVE.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ok here is my new Talent build. I believe the max is 41 ?

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Well, I know its early days and things can and probably will change, but here is my MM build

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=A3kDYAY.9mn.hunter

It could probably do with some tweaking, but ultimately as it stands today, I feel uber boxed in and completely inflexible. Some of the talents seems completely fricken pointless to me. Posthaste and Resistence is Futile in particular.

*shrug* Time will tell
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net